Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property not marketed and sold quick

• 22-01-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice here. Basically, a property near me went up for sale in December. Would have suited me perfectly, No for sale sign outside it and address on the daft ad was in the wrong townland and only one photo (of the garden). Rang the EA today and the property went sale agreed last week for quite a low price in my opinion. Any advice? Approach the vendor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

arctictree wrote: »
    Looking for some advice here. Basically, a property near me went up for sale in December. Would have suited me perfectly, No for sale sign outside it and address on the daft ad was in the wrong townland and only one photo (of the garden). Rang the EA today and the property went sale agreed last week for quite a low price in my opinion. Any advice? Approach the vendor?

Could be a cash buyer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Approach the vendor?

Why wouldn't you? Nothing to lose by trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LoL, could be someone trying to avoid tax when selling to a relative. Or there could be a known issue with the property, that was used to get a substantial reduction.

No harm in putting a bid in, but would advise one that will be noticed. So not a €1,000 increase, but maybe a €20,000 increase.

Advertisement