Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier

• 10-01-2020 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi all.

Would like to get some input from the hive mind. Can anyone recommend a courier service to transport ammo from Germany to here. The relevent paperwork is in process and the parcel is going to an RFD local to me

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You are best speaking to an RFD. They use a courier that is used to transporting, internationally, gun and ammo.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Have asked Katja Treibel for advice on this one...Wont be cheap thats for sure.Main reason most German dealers wont ship outside Germany in the EU. But if it works and it does come in somewhat cheap...Sign me up!
    Easier to ship the firearm with the paperwork to your door from any EU state.It's the fact the ammo is classified as HAZMAT that makes it prohibitive.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

Cass wrote: »
    You are best speaking to an RFD. They use a courier that is used to transporting, internationally, gun and ammo.
    I have asked him. He doesn't use couriers which I thought was odd. Have been informed the UPS do but it's at a premium rate so will just have to see what that rate is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

judestynes wrote: »
    I have asked him. He doesn't use couriers which I thought was odd. Have been informed the UPS do but it's at a premium rate so will just have to see what that rate is

Plenty of other rfd's speak to ivan in top gun or the lads in cill dara hunting they are both wizards in that regard

Katja got back to me. You'd want to be shipping well over a thousand rounds to make this viable,and it has to go air freight as well,before any dealer will consider looking at this .
    Meantime try these sites https://ssl-waffentaxi.de/index.php
    Eco parcel
    Waffen export 24 and waffenversand Klose are brokers that can posibly do shipments of ammo.Google both names and enquire off them what their costs are.
    However ALL the main companies,Deutsche post/DHL,Fedex,UPS,etc ,etc Will categorically NOT move arms and ammo anymore in Germany or from Germany anymore.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Might be more viable to collect in person. Does Germany have a visitor permit in addition to European Firearms Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

There are several transport companies who are authorized to carry firearms. it would cost about 100 euros. The company i worked for shipped firearms all around europe all the time including ireland. it was never a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

It used to be extremely easy to get firearms out of Germany. A dealer ordered three pistols back when they came out after the ban. He came home one morning a few weeks later and the parcel of three pistols were sitting in the porch where the postman had dropped them !

Ever since the big shifters have refused to handle arms and ammo over there,it has become a extra difficulty to get either from Germany. Esp the ammo side,as it is treated as a Hazardous material shipment. Yes in theory you could collect it in person over there too Civ,but have fun getting it back,as no airline will carry it,and getting it cross continent by road,shipping might be a problem too across two bodies of water.😞
    This is another reason why we cant reload easily here too.Shipping powder in bulk is a nightmare by road and sea.
    Im hopping too ,when you see deals for 1000 rounds for 9mm surplus going for 180 euros or the like in German gun mags,but the shipping can be over 500 euros.

civdef wrote: »
    Might be more viable to collect in person. Does Germany have a visitor permit in addition to European Firearms Pass?

It does for hunters.They apprently have a annual non residents hunting liscense nowadays as well.Allows you to buy ammo ASFIK but not a firearm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SVI40

I'm currently waiting on a pistol to be shipped from Germany. Between export permit, some other charge that google won't translate and the courier fee, it's just over €400. Apparently, according to the broker, they are limited in Germany as to who they can use to ship. Fecking expensive, since the pistol was €390!

some other charge that google won't translate

Stick it up or PM me and I'll have it translated for you in no time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SVI40

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Stick it up or PM me and I'll have it translated for you in no time.:)

Cheers Grizz, but it's only for a few euro, so I wasn't too bothered with that one item.

Advertisement