Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceramic Braces

• 07-01-2020 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭

Hi, I realise that I should be asking my orthodontist this, but she only works out of the practice one day a week, and the receptionist isn't sure.

I'm due to get upper and lower braces on Thursday morning. To this point I haven't really considered ceramic brackets or white wire or discussed with my orthodontist.

I've had SARPE surgery and palate expander in until recently, and the molar bands were picked from a set of various sizes.

Would it normally be the case that the orthodontist just picks the individual brackets from a set, or would they be specially ordered in advance?

Obviously everywhere is different, but would like to have a rough idea going in. The engineer in me says go with metal, but I saw someone recently with ceramic and I was very impressed.

Best regards,
    Kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Each case needs to be assessed on its own merits, & different practitioners will have different approaches. Your best bet is to email your query to the practice, & they can forward that email on to the orthodontist, who should then be able to contact you directly to discuss further

Advertisement