Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help-To-Buy Lender Code

• 10-07-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I'm currently processing my mortgage with BOI. After submitting all the documents with Mortgage Manager she said I'll get my full offer in 3-4 days. But eventually after 4 days when I called them they said they have an issue with my HTB rebate.

Unfortunately they said the HTB rebate shows the full rebate of EUR 20000 rather than 5% of the property price. In my understanding as well the process from Revenue in Application stage you'll know the maximum rebate available and only in the claim stage you''ll know the actual 5% for which I have to upload a signed contract and full loan offer.

Under any circumstance will Revenue reflect the actual 5% of the property price...??? I'm not sure who is wise and fool here...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Hi All,

I'm currently processing my mortgage with BOI. After submitting all the documents with Mortgage Manager she said I'll get my full offer in 3-4 days. But eventually after 4 days when I called them they said they have an issue with my HTB rebate.

Unfortunately they said the HTB rebate shows the full rebate of EUR 20000 rather than 5% of the property price. In my understanding as well the process from Revenue in Application stage you'll know the maximum rebate available and only in the claim stage you''ll know the actual 5% for which I have to upload a signed contract and full loan offer.

Under any circumstance will Revenue reflect the actual 5% of the property price...??? I'm not sure who is wise and fool here...

Unfortunately that will only be visible once you submit the claim. If you have a purchase price then you should be assume the bank could work it out and then compare against the rebate allowance.
    I've had issues with BOI and HTB - they weren't even going to consider it for me. It does seem to differ from branch to branch though

Advertisement