Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animals are here for us to kill, eat..

• 02-07-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I am bombarded with facebook posts from vegan peers, convincing me to 'wake up' to what we are putting 'innocent' animals through etc etc.

Can someone please enlighten me?

I have my fair share of vegan and non vegan tips i agree and don't agree with,

However just fail to understand why there is a minority trying to change the world as we know it,

As far as I'm concerned, killing animals has gone back hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so, thats, in my opinion, what animals are here for.

I'm really not one of those 'anti vegan' I respect and value the information I gather from these people while I make my decision as to whether or whether not killing animals is a positive thing in terms of morals

But surely morals don't come into it? We are animals and animals are here for us to kill and eat, surely suggesting anything else is being in denial of what or who we truly are?

When down the line of humanity did all of a sudden people begin to think animals had feelings? Why are people only saying this in the last few years?

As far as I am concerned I will continue to eat, and agree with animals being eaten, for the rest of my life as will my children (if I have that influence)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Isabel Breezy X-ray

edgy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

The first rule of being a vegan, is letting everyone know your a vegan.

Each to their own I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

You get a paradox from vegans sometimes. When we say that eating meat is natural and has gone on since the dawn of time, they say we're more evolved and should get over that. But then they also say that animals are our equals and we shouldn't be using them for our own purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Evangeline Tangy Material

Vegans are gutter snipe, ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

The first rule of being a vegan, is letting everyone know your a vegan.

Each to their own I say.

Ah thats the oldest one in the book.

I've no issues with vegans and have plenty of friends that are,
    I just get a little offended when they are posting videos of animals being killed on my news feed being like ''How can you not stand up for this innocent pig?!?!'

Yet surely that's our purpose as humans/animals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Veganism is a by product of first world luxury and excess. There are no vegans in a famine.

• Site Banned Posts: 16 lipso tokko

greyhounds were bred to race...

touts wrote: »
    Veganism is a by product of first world luxury and excess. There are no vegans in a famine.

Yes i agree with that big time.

I do think veganism is to some extent, selfish,

People with nothing to eat in the world, and vegans turning down meat as it is not 'right'

No such thing as veganism in third world countries, or even many other countries, Turkey, Africa, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

July 2nd, another anti-vegan thread on boards. Only 2/3 more to go before the month's end. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Each to their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian. The planet would be a better place if we all ate less meat. The seas are almost out of fish too.

I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian. The planet would be a better place if we all ate less meat. The seas are almost out of fish too.

Well I wonder why that is?

Something makes me doubt its from a moral perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes i agree with that big time.

I do think veganism is to some extent, selfish,

People with nothing to eat in the world, and vegans turning down meat as it is not 'right'

No such thing as veganism in third world countries, or even many other countries, Turkey, Africa, etc.

hahaha

July 2nd, another anti-vegan thread on boards. Only 2/3 more to go before the month's end. :rolleyes:

Instead of calling me anti vegan, could you at least try and explain the idea?

I'm open to correction with the idea, but my question here is genuinely, how do vegans think human evolution can change?

Well I wonder why that is?

Something makes me doubt its from a moral perspective

Maybe read about it? Why do you think they don't eat meat, just to annoy you?
    You're not very informed on the subject matter of the thread you started, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

As far as I'm concerned, killing animals has gone back hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so, thats, in my opinion, what animals are here for.

Yeah but it the same time many animals exist and breed in the numbers they do because of Human activity.

The modern beef and dairy cow are manufactured and without humans wouldn't exist in the wild as they do now. We have shaped nature as a resource and it's more than just us killing animals who happen to be around, it's manufacturing nature by breeding animals for consumption, many in captivity and force-fed to fatten them up for us.

In addition the carbon dioxide produced is going to become more and more of a problem if farming continues to expand as populations do.

I'm no vegan, I eat meat and I eat veal on occasion. But I'm very aware that I'm not simply eating something that would have died anyway, I'm eating something that is only alive because I'm going to eat it. And it's only fair to acknowledge that in any moral debate.

I fully believe that the right solution is very very close for both sides as technology advances to mass produced lab-grown meat

oh wow, country instead of continent, deal breaker!

and TheloniousMonk - I'm not sure, I want a conversation here, not to read topics from reddit from people in other countries.

I want to know why in Ireland, so many people genuinely think it's wrong to kill animals to eat, like we have been doing for many, many years?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Meat tastes great. That's why I eat it. I do sometimes silently thank the cow when biting into a juicy steak, though.

I want to know why in Ireland, so many people genuinely think it's wrong to kill animals to eat, like we have been doing for many, many years?

Because they don't think it's necessary? That's it really. Just live your life, no one is going to take your meat away from you.

Less meat is one thing. Veganism is fanaticism. They are the ISIS of healthy eating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Isabel Breezy X-ray

Instead of calling me anti vegan, could you at least try and explain the idea?

I'm open to correction with the idea, but my question here is genuinely, how do vegans think human evolution can change?

"how do you think evolution can change" - ha

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah but it the same time many animals exist and breed in the numbers they do because of Human activity.

The modern beef and dairy cow are manufactured and without humans wouldn't exist in the wild as they do now. We have shaped nature as a resource and it's more than just us killing animals who happen to be around, it's manufacturing nature by breeding animals for consumption, many in captivity and force-fed to fatten them up for us.

In addition the carbon dioxide produced is going to become more and more of a problem if farming continues to expand as populations do.

I'm no vegan, I eat meat and I eat veal on occasion. But I'm very aware that I'm not simply eating something that would have died anyway, I'm eating something that is only alive because I'm going to eat it. And it's only fair to acknowledge that in any moral debate.

I fully believe that the right solution is very very close for both sides as technology advances to mass produced lab-grown meat

now that's more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

OP, tell that to yer man who ate the Gecko.

That was the end of him.

Because they don't think it's necessary? That's it really. Just live your life, no one is going to take your meat away from you.

That's fine, thanks for your 2cents.

This thread is to explore the reasons why, not to be shut down to 'mind my own business' or 'live my own life and don't question other peoples actions'

If that was the case, boards.ie would not be here.

I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian.

And I'm pretty sure 29.99% is because they can't afford meat.

That's fine, thanks for your 2cents.

This thread is to explore the reasons why, not to be shut down to 'mind my own business' or 'live my own life and don't question other peoples actions'

If that was the case, boards.ie would not be here.

There's been a 1000 threads on it already, quite recently. We've been through all this.

And I'm pretty sure 29.99% is because they can't afford meat.

You'd be pretty wrong there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm 100% vegan apart from the odd steak, occasional burger (or chicken on a Sunday).

Roast Duck from the Chinese I also eat and I love Pizza too, but that's about it.

I'm a vegan cause I just feel better eating that way and not killing as many animals as most other humans do is a good thing I feel.

Don't be so judgmental. Listen to this little girl and tell me you don't feel guilty that animals died so you could have a nice lunch.

https://twitter.com/KRIRQ/status/1111304527620292609

I'm 100% vegan apart from the odd steak, occasional burger (or chicken on a Sunday).

Roast Duck from the Chinese I also eat and I love Pizza too, but that's about it.

I'm a vegan cause I just feel better eating that way and not killing as many animals as most other humans do is a good thing I feel.

Don't be so judgmental. Listen to this little girl and tell me you don't feel guilty that animals died so you could have a nice lunch.

https://twitter.com/KRIRQ/status/1111304527620292609

I'm not that judgemental, just confused as to where down the line did people stop caring about the pigs 'feelings'

and of course why, if it's all we've ever known

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Listen to this little girl and tell me you don't feel guilty that animals died so you could have a nice lunch.

Done. I don’t feel in the least bit guilty.

Advertisement