Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

josip wrote: »
    Which was strange because Applegreen just up the road in Ferns was always competitive

It's now more expensive than the 2 places in Camolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

vicwatson wrote: »
    Happy these two fuel stations in camolin will be affected - purely on the basis the two stations have been running a “cartel” on fuel prices for as long as I can remember. Zero competition among them and always more expensive than elsewhere on the N11

The prices with the two have always been 1c dearer than Ferns. I'd hardly call them a cartel, theres an independent station in Camolin that is cheaper than Ferns, so they have competition.

I've been commuting for eight years, Ferns is the best value, then Camolin, then the rest on route including Enniscorthy are dearer than Camolin. In my opinion they are good value and I typically get me fuel in Cartons. Easier access and savage breakfast rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The prices with the two have always been 1c dearer than Ferns. I'd hardly call them a cartel, theres an independent station in Camolin that is cheaper than Ferns, so they have competition.

I've been commuting for eight years, Ferns is the best value, then Camolin, then the rest on route including Enniscorthy are dearer than Camolin. In my opinion they are good value and I typically get me fuel in Cartons. Easier access and savage breakfast rolls

Who’s talking about ferns?

These two stations in Camolin that I’m referring to have been the exact same price for fuel as long as I can recall, on opposite sides of the road. They have never competed - sounds cartelish to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

How had Howlin timed it well? He's not in government and has no say over when the election will be or when these roads will open.

To retain his seat i mean. At a time when Labour are dying on their feet, he will of course remind all that he signed off on the projects.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

To retain his seat i mean. At a time when Labour are dying on their feet, he will of course remind all that he signed off on the projects.

He might try that but Varadker, Ross the local FG TDs will get all the publicity of the openings. And my original point still stands that he hasn't timed anything, well or otherwise, as he has no control over the opening or election dates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

He topped the poll in 2016 and Labour returned the same or more councillors in Wexford - he's at no risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

L1011 wrote: »
    He topped the poll in 2016 and Labour returned the same or more councillors in Wexford - he's at no risk.

Its the safest Labour seat in Ireland.

Back on topic there seems to be a load of activity in the last three weeks but slow enough progress on the M11/N11 roundabout at Oylegate. Lot of work on a drainage lagoon there.

I notice they've cut in a area that looks very like a bus stop on the hard shoulder immediately south of the roundabout on the N11. Seems strange as the bus stop in Oylegate is just a km or two away. Maybe it has a different purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

MichealD wrote: »
    Its the safest Labour seat in Ireland.

Back on topic there seems to be a load of activity in the last three weeks but slow enough progress on the M11/N11 roundabout at Oylegate. Lot of work on a drainage lagoon there.

I notice they've cut in a area that looks very like a bus stop on the hard shoulder immediately south of the roundabout on the N11. Seems strange as the bus stop in Oylegate is just a km or two away. Maybe it has a different purpose.

The other half of the semi circle was laid out with kerbing earlier on. Another week or two should see it complete.

kneemos wrote: »
    The other half of the semi circle was laid out with kerbing earlier on. Another week or two should see it complete.

A lot of the workers are already being lined up for redeployment in mid July. Scheme to be done and open by then.

MichealD wrote: »

Probably for a footpath. Put them in at the new roundabout at Scarwalsh anyway.

• Advertisement

There's a kind of reinforced barrier along part of the new Slaney bridge over the railway section. It must have been insisted on by Iarnroid Eireann as it's only the part of the bridge over the tracks that has it.

What's the road from Scarwalsh to Templescoby?
    Duel Carriageway or two lane?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

kneemos wrote: »
    What's the road from Scarwalsh to Templescoby?
    Duel Carriageway or two lane?

M11-Scarawalsh is 2+2
    Scarawalsh-Templescoby is single carriageway

More line painting complete on the mainline and road signs erected in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Any news on an exact opening day?

morrga wrote: »

I was told it's the middle of July.

Surfacing on the roundabout at Southern end near Oylegate is almost complete. The roundabout will probably be done by tomorrow evening or Saturday.

Serious crash near the works at Clogh roundabout today. A truck was involved which subsequently caught fire and the driver was seriously injured. There's a 50kph limit there and all kinds of traffic management in place. Someone not paying attention would be my guess.

Serious crash near the works at Clogh roundabout today. A truck was involved which subsequently caught fire and the driver was seriously injured. There's a 50kph limit there and all kinds of traffic management in place. Someone not paying attention would be my guess.

Fatality apparently.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2019/06/22/m11-closed-after-fatal-road-traffic-collision/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭CoBo55

morrga wrote: »

9th of July I was told last night by one of the workers. All heavy machinery to be off site by Monday the 1st, all workers getting a week off from the 9th. Remedial works to continue until the end of the year, drainage,clean up etc. They aren't allowed work inside the barriers and no traffic restrictions either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

It's all most ready to go (pics fb)
    lULq28z.jpg

MbzykK4.jpg

CQG8mLl.jpg

Vhuedvg.jpg

W4I8c0Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Looks like the 2+2 link road is to be designated N30, not N80 as previously stated.
    Makes much more sense; having a National Primary, the N30, starting on a National Secondary, the N80 seemed odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I noticed coming from Ferns there are signs for New Ross as you come to Scarawalsh, then you enter the second roundabout and there's nothing for New Ross on it, very confusing for strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thethinker

If travelling from Enniscorthy to Ferns, how should one navigate the double roundabout at Scarawalsh. I am doing right (inside lane) for both, but frequently have cars on my left (outside) when exitting second roundabout i.e. cars that don't turn off for Bunclody. As there is only one lane on exit, it is kind of important that there be a recognised standard. I can see an argument for being in either lane. Therefore some lane direction road markings would be handy, so that at least most of us could be on the same page.

thethinker wrote: »
    If travelling from Enniscorthy to Ferns, how should one navigate the double roundabout at Scarawalsh. I am doing right (inside lane) for both, but frequently have cars on my left (outside) when exitting second roundabout i.e. cars that don't turn off for Bunclody. As there is only one lane on exit, it is kind of important that there be a recognised standard. I can see an argument for being in either lane. Therefore some lane direction road markings would be handy, so that at least most of us could be on the same page.

Can't remember if the second roundabout used to have two lanes on entry. One for Bunclody and straight ahead.
    May be where the confusion is.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

Why are they still putting lay-bys on Motorways?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

medoc wrote: »
    Lorry drivers need a break every 4 and a half hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Is there a lay-by on the new section of the M11? What is in the photo above may be closed off when it opens, and for the use of Gardai and for checks etc. There is a service area 20 minutes up the road past Gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Good question! I seem to remember they used to do it before the MSAs were planned. At the very least, they should plan rest areas at junctions - a small car park, a few picnic tables and bins. These lay-bys are not safe: they're vulnerable to vehicles leaving the carriageway in the event of a collision, and they have limited room/lane length for vehicles to merge safely at motorway speeds. It's a blessing that there have been no such accidents yet, but TII shouldn't wait around for one to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

fricatus wrote: »
    Good question! I seem to remember they used to do it before the MSAs were planned. At the very least, they should plan rest areas at junctions - a small car park, a few picnic tables and bins. These lay-bys are not safe: they're vulnerable to vehicles leaving the carriageway in the event of a collision, and they have limited room/lane length for vehicles to merge safely at motorway speeds. It's a blessing that there have been no such accidents yet, but TII shouldn't wait around for one to happen.

Lay-bys are better than nothing........

Advertisement