Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RailWorks: Dublin-Limerick/Cork

• 03-12-2012 12:50am

Beta testing this one at the moment. I'm not under NDA so I'll post a few shots from Cork. Should be released soon.

The route is well detailed and the exterior of the stock looks pretty good. The interiors are still WIP though - the cabs are based off a UK Class 66 and the coach interior is a modified UK Mark 3. Well worth a go if you have RailWorks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is this a free mod like the last one or is an official one that you will have to pay for?

The mod itself is free, but it uses some assets from other routes, which may or may not be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So will this be an official release on railworks ? And the class 66 is an extra add on anyway.

I don't know for certain but I'd assume not. Three early versions were uploaded to UKTrainSim over the last few years. The last release on there at the moment goes as far as Limerick Junction and Limerick city. The final release goes all the way to Cork and Limerick. The track for the Nenagh branch is present but no scenery is laid.

You need the Class 66 because the 201 uses its sounds and (for now at least) the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Karsini wrote: »
    I don't know for certain but I'd assume not. Three early versions were uploaded to UKTrainSim over the last few years. The last release on there at the moment goes as far as Limerick Junction and Limerick city. The final release goes all the way to Cork and Limerick. The track for the Nenagh branch is present but no scenery is laid.

You need the Class 66 because the 201 uses its sounds and (for now at least) the cab.
    So how do you get it then if its not an official release ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So how do you get it then if its not an official release ?

I'll admit that it's not the easiest to get going at the moment, so I'm hoping that will improve for the final release. The route comes in three .rwp files that you install via Utilities.exe in the game folder. The hard part is finding all of the third party assets that the route needs. I know that the developer did package as many of these as he could into a .rwp file for the early releases so hopefully he can do it this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Karsini wrote: »
    Beta testing this one at the moment. I'm not under NDA so I'll post a few shots from Cork. Should be released soon.

The route is well detailed and the exterior of the stock looks pretty good. The interiors are still WIP though - the cabs are based off a UK Class 66 and the coach interior is a modified UK Mark 3. Well worth a go if you have RailWorks.

Good to see the traditional IE filthy loco look is recreated in detail :pac:

I just tried a non-stop Heuston-Cork run with a 201 and Mark 4s. Did it in 121 minutes without breaking any speed limits, and that includes the old 40mph slack at Limerick Junction.

Advertisement