Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

1717273747577»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    Sorry if this isn't allowed - I have 4x now 2x tickets for Local Natives on Saturday in the Academy that I can't make

If anyone wants these for free PM me.

Many thanks.

That and a Rascals brewery tour will be an excellent Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Lovely award winning venue, have seen a good few acts in there, there is a mix of sitting and standing.

lovely venue,for Lloyd Cole it will be all seated, sit where you want, first come first served

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

jrar wrote: »
    Any sign of the Sinatras on these shores in the near future ?

Their Two album acoustic gig in the Workmans was nothing short of a religious experience (for an old atheist like me anyway !)

I see they're currently touring A Happy Pocket and Weightlifting in the US - so we can but hope !

Amen to that ( as one atheist to another !) the Workmans gig was superb. My favourite band, as you might guess from my username ! I'd be hopeful of them playing here early next year, they've hinted at European dates on their facebook page. Can't see it this year though. Their American tour lasts until November, and I'd imagine they'll take a break then.

Sad to see recently that they've lost a bundle on their pledge funded last album/live DVD (If you haven't got the live DVD you really should if your a fan) when the company went bust. Remarkable that bands like them can even manage to keep going. Long may they do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

trashcan wrote: »
    Amen to that ( as one atheist to another !) the Workmans gig was superb. My favourite band, as you might guess from my username ! I'd be hopeful of them playing here early next year, they've hinted at European dates on their facebook page. Can't see it this year though. Their American tour lasts until November, and I'd imagine they'll take a break then.

Sad to see recently that they've lost a bundle on their pledge funded last album/live DVD (If you haven't got the live DVD you really should if your a fan) when the company went bust. Remarkable that bands like them can even manage to keep going. Long may they do so.

Yeah, saw a msg from them recently alluding to having lost a packet via the pledge fund company collapse - have the "live" recording ordered as I've always enjoyed their 'out-takes' stuff (Fez, On A B Road, Zebra of the Family, plus the Radio Session CDs they were selling at the Workmen's gig)

Zardoz wrote: »
    Jools Holland has announced an intimate Cork date with his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra taking place on Thursday, October 17

Joining Jools in the Cork Opera House are Gilson Lavis, Ruby Turner, Louise Marshall and another special guest to be confirmed.

Tickets cost €69 and go on sale at 10am on Tuesday, February 26.

Show was on last night, so that is what it's like seeing a gig where musicians are enjoying themselves and encouraging each other to take centre stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Show was on last night, so that is what it's like seeing a gig where musicians are enjoying themselves and encouraging each other to take centre stage.

Yes,very enjoyable show .
    I wouldn't be the biggest fan of that type of music myself but technically I couldn't fault the show.
    Eddi Reader singing Patience of Angels was the highlight for me,spellbinding.

Yes,very enjoyable show .
    I wouldn't be the biggest fan of that type of music myself but technically I couldn't fault the show.
    Eddi Reader singing Patience of Angels was the highlight for me,spellbinding.

La Vie En Rose for me, was 1st dance song at the wedding.

My back was absolutely fecked last night and was like a right tool sitting RIGHT in from of the centre mic and being the only one not up dancing!

La Vie En Rose for me, was 1st dance song at the wedding.

My back was absolutely fecked last night and was like a right tool sitting RIGHT in from of the centre mic and being the only one not up dancing!

Very good.

I think I saw you ,I was in the front row ,right in front of Jools ,I was sitting too as sciatica had flared up.

Very good.

I think I saw you ,I was in the front row ,right in front of Jools ,I was sitting too as sciatica had flared up.

The 2 ladies giving it sock's dancing between us ha

The 2 ladies giving it sock's dancing between us ha

Crowd were well up for it.

I thought Ruby Turner was going to collapse at the end ,she looked out on her feet,she has some pair of lungs .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Snow Patrol are doing a 30 minute acoustic set at the Olympia on the 26th November
    Tickets from Tower Records website they were €13 yesterday as you had to get the album as well but they have now wristbands / entry only on sale for €9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Snow Patrol are doing a 30 minute acoustic set at the Olympia on the 26th November
    Tickets from Tower Records website they were €13 yesterday as you had to get the album as well but they have now wristbands / entry only on sale for €9

Can the wristbands only be got in store?

Edit: never mind see them on website now. Thanks

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Can the wristbands only be got in store?

Edit: never mind see them on website now. Thanks

Only saw this now so sorry
    Glad you got sorted!

Ryan McMullen playing 8th Dec at the Sound House

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Girl band playing Vicar Street 23rd November.
    Saw them in Manchester last weekend, they were great, new album is fantastic imo.
    Definitely recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 37,702 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I clinch when I think of the prices and general product milking they will do for the merch at that Marvel universe live show

Looks great and hopefully everyone going will enjoy it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

cannco253 wrote: »

And what a stunning gig it was too! Delighted to hear some tracks from "Let them eat chaos" as well as the new album. Sublime and delightful, such a strong live performer and the musician accompanying on synths was razor sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭cannco253

Kate Tempest - Yes it was something very different and really enjoyed it.

Saw Sleaford Mods in Galway earlier in the year, similar idea but totally different atmosphere. Kate Tempest definitely has a way of putting stories together that's unique, and the keyboard player was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Snow Patrol have cancelled tonights gig at the Olympia.

https://twitter.com/olympiatheatre/status/1199335304814948357?s=19

Going to this gig tomorrow. Sees like it could be a decent night. Not familiar with any of them but do knw a few of the songs

https://www.theatreroyal.ie/events/frontm3n

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to this gig tomorrow. Sees like it could be a decent night. Not familiar with any of them but do knw a few of the songs

I'm going with the missus to bjork....
    I haven't a clue what to expect

PTH2009 wrote: »

Was actually a great show

The hollies are a quality band, it's a pity there not touring anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Coronas are playing a warm up show tomorrow night before their world tour of Dublin. No venue announced but I'd imagine it's the Ruby sessions in doyles....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amckenna1996

Haven't heard anything from the promoters or venues yet, but it seems Sam Fender (playing Dublin 16th & Belfast 17th December) has cancelled the remainder of his tour.

Just recieved an email that the show isn't being rescheduled so Ticketmaster are issuing refunds within the next week to the card you used to purchase the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Haven't heard anything from the promoters or venues yet, but it seems Sam Fender (playing Dublin 16th & Belfast 17th December) has cancelled the remainder of his tour.

Yeah, heard it earlier, Laryngitis or some problem with his throat.

Advertisement