Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavy adult scooter recommendations

• 15-11-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a push scooter (not an e-scooter) to finish my commute. I would be doing approximately 1 km.

Any recommendations with the caveat that in the winter cloths and with work gear it would be approximately 120 kg...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

grogi wrote: »
    I am looking for a push scooter (not an e-scooter) to finish my commute. I would be doing approximately 1 km.

Any recommendations with the caveat that in the winter cloths and with work gear it would be approximately 120 kg...

Is there a reason you can't walk? I mean you'd do 1 KM in 8-10 minutes. By the time to change clothes you'll have eliminated any time saving

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Is there a reason you can't walk? I mean you'd do 1 KM in 8-10 minutes. By the time to change clothes you'll have eliminated any time saving

Thank you for the input. I want to try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Unicycle?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

https://youtu.be/E-eCfaGpyX8

Splendid... Unfortunately due to brexit this is no longer a viable option...

Something with more wheels, preferably two of them. This is not after hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Is that the only use you are going to make of it or do you want to use for longer trips and/or go shopping? If the former, any scooter can take your weight, even a 50cc so take your pick of any on Done Deal.

Bare in mind that in winter you will have to dress warmly, get your helmet and gloves on plus take it out from wherever you park it. For the time time that takes, you probably are already at your destination by foot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've seen plenty of people with one of these two:

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/town-7-xl-adult-scooter-with-suspension-en-s12329.html
    https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/town-7-ef-v2-adult-scooter-en-s170605.html

I've tried the cheaper of the two and it's quite good, but the more expensive one has a much easier folding/locking mechanism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are you gonna fold it and bring it on public transport? Cos that would make some of the larger wheel ones a bit awkward...
    Especially if it's mainly bike lane, or something like it I think it's a great idea.. A bit of fun, and "handier" and easier to put away than a bike..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Are you gonna fold it and bring it on public transport?

Nope.

• Advertisement

I've looked at Hudora scooters - big wheel 230 mm - but reading between the lines in reviews and my personal experience with the brand I decided to pass on those.

I probably might give the Town7 XL from Decathlon a go. It's not rated above 100kg, but seems solid enough.

76_p1726976_8377410.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Markcheese wrote: »
    Are you gonna fold it and bring it on public transport?
    Nope.

www.kickbike.com

Advertisement