Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apcoa Parking Appeal

• 19-03-2019 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I got clamped in Kent Station Cork, a couple of weeks ago. I've an online account with them and had recently brought a car in from the North. So I had the uk reg on the account for a few weeks and then added the new Irish reg.

So this is what happened-
    -Car was under the new Irish Reg.
    -In error, I clicked on the old UK reg when I paid for my parking.
    -Came back to find the car clamped.

I've sent in an initial appeal with all the docs showing that it's one and the same car and that it was human error and in no way an attempt to avoid paying. I've even sent them confirmation of the payment on the UK reg.

My appeal has been rejected on the basis that basically everything is my responsibility to make sure that it's right. God forbid someone might make an honest mistake. I wouldn't mind but on numerous other occasions, I had to get a refund from them for double charging me for parking!

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar? The next stage of my appeal is to the clamping appeals officer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

You'll never win an appeal with a clamping company. Unfortunately I wouldn't waste your time chasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

all you can do to get value for the money you spent on the fine is to fit false number plates and park again, cutting off the inevitable clamp and throwing it in the river.

I might not be entirely serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Can’t you appeal the appeal to the NTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stop wasting your time. Honest mistake is still a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you paid by credit card, start a chargeback procedure. you might get nothing back, but it will cost apcoa money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,274 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

They gave me back half the clamp fee when I appealed after mixing up some digits on the reg number.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

They gave me back half the clamp fee when I appealed after mixing up some digits on the reg number.

Did you get money back from 1st appeal or thru NTA
    Have a similar case where I typed 1 digit incorrectly but soon realised after 10-15 mins
    No way to contact them as their 818 number said call when clamped . But this was just correction . I corrected immediately but that doesn’t change current booking.
    Finally managed to contact them via their web form which they confirmed that they corrected by in these 45 mins they already clamped and didn’t even tel me when replying to my email .
    Evening came back to find car clamped and was forced to pay and can only appeal later
    Appeal
    Got rejected and now with NTA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Sorry to hijack, can you appeal parking fines to the NTA?

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Did you get money back from 1st appeal or thru NTA
    First appeal to Apcoa themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Hi did you get money from Apcoa or after you appealed to NTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

tnegun wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack, can you appeal parking fines to the NTA?

Only clamping appeals are heard by the NTA, appeals in relation to parking fines are to whoever issued the fine be it the local authority or the Gardai.

From Apcoa - I didn't appeal to the NTA.

From Apcoa - I didn't appeal to the NTA.

Advertisement