Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Had a clean and satisfying poo dump.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lemon sherbets.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 24,781 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I ordered two pairs of French Connection sunglasses, one as a gift for my girlfriend one a gift for me...

Boots online are beating hands down the French Connection sale. Big money off the French Connection prices... delivery was due next Wednesday but they arrived today...

220 worth of glasses, costing 100....about 55% off... not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,781 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Strumms wrote: »
    I ordered two pairs of French Connection sunglasses, one as a gift for my girlfriend one a gift for me...

Boots online are beating hands down the French Connection sale. Big money off the French Connection prices... delivery was due next Wednesday but they arrived today...

220 worth of glasses, costing 100....about 55% off... not bad.

On the downside when I got home to open them only one pair arrived which isn’t a biggie but packaged in a cardboard box and glasses loosely wrapped in brown paper as opposed to a protective box, case or even a sleeve of some sort, dust completely and thickly covering the lenses...... think that’s gonna be an e-mail they can fûck off with that craic.

I was cleaning my fridge this morning and when cleaning the trays in the sink this face appeared in the suds. I love the pure horror of it, like the suds were horrified by the fact that I was cleaning a fridge at 7am on a Saturday morning. Has made me smile all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My hairdresser called to see if I would like to be one of the first people to get a much coveted appointment

tenor.gif?itemid=16986454

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My hairdresser called to see if I would like to be one of the first people to get a much coveted appointment

tenor.gif?itemid=16986454

I'm still waiting for my appointment despite giving them a hefty deposit last week. I've a feeling they may have messed up the booking system and are just answering the phone now to people who didn't pay a deposit.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bringing the dog for an evening stroll and looked into a field and watched a fox having himself a little wander around it :) Not a bother on him and didn’t mind me or the dog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I was up all night smoking a pipe, drinking home-brew cider and watching Johnny Carson and old Larry Holmes fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cadbury Dairy Milk Duo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just had to order one of these.
    Can't wait to wear it everywhere :pac:

Screenshot-20210502-141911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching a lady blackbird every day out foraging for her family. I garden organically, so she has plenty of insects to feed the brood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Em ugh pop pfft

Meeting and having a good chat with friends about **** all and planning (hate the word but) staycations.... so much more appreciated now with covid restrictions.

Also cherry blossoms.

Love cherry blossoms :)

Not trivial but the bond and love between me and my son. I couldn't be prouder of him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Em ugh pop pfft

Listening to music...by myself...

Getting a refund from mandm direct like 12 months later!! ( may be exaggerating length of time for dramatic purposes ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Love cherry blossoms :)

Not trivial but the bond and love between me and my son. I couldn't be prouder of him. :)

Such an uplifting post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not a th more a tgiggle,
    I was in a vax pop up centre at the weekend, with the number of ppl and the mix of fear and joy in the air, the piped music seemed a little loud.
    A doctor type asked the practice manager if she would put some relaxing music on the pa instead, her response was no as they "would make them all want to go to the toilet"

I would love to know what kind of relaxing music she was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that I completed a challenge on my fitbit. 100 days in a row where I got 10,000 steps or more per day. I'm sure plenty of people have done it, and probably more, but I'm not a fit person, so I'm fairly proud of myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

RMAOK wrote: »
    TH that I completed a challenge on my fitbit. 100 days in a row where I got 10,000 steps or more per day. I'm sure plenty of people have done it, and probably more, but I'm not a fit person, so I'm fairly proud of myself. :D

That's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Some ladies of a vintage who should know better than to be loud and giggly in my local shop, buying expensive ice creams.
    Telling everyone who had normal hearing that today was their 15th day after their last covid shot and they were going wild to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Goodigal

TH that the Gardai took the quad bike off the guy across the road who had been zooming around on it since last Wed in our housing estate... Let's hope they keep it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The relief of seeing my cat stroll into the house!! He hadn't been seen for 24 hours which he has NEVER done. He can usually only last 4/5 hours before he gets hungry.

So so happy to see him. I shed a few sad and then happy tears. I love him so much.

Probably the most boring happy ever posted but someone recommended a new mop they bought in Dunnes (the Flash one), I bought it and it has given me one of my happiest experiences this year ☺️, my floors are washed and dried in a few minutes, sparkling and it smells gorgeous. Sad I know lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Duvet Day wrote: »
    Probably the most boring happy ever posted but someone recommended a new mop they bought in Dunnes (the Flash one), I bought it and it has given me one of my happiest experiences this year ☺️, my floors are washed and dried in a few minutes, sparkling and it smells gorgeous. Sad I know lol.

I was thinking of getting that. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sitting in a consultant's waiting room yesterday when a visually impaired lady called me a 'beautiful blur'. I think that's one of the loveliest compliments I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

Was listening to NewsTalk earlier and there was a lady on talking about how she lost all 3 of her wedding rings on a beach in Kerry recently.. she put it on her instagram acc and a guy contacted her who had a metal detector - and low and behold, 8.5 mins into his search - he found them... :D

Such a feel good story..

Happy Friday y'all x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Listening to music...by myself...
    Your post made me think of this scene, which makes me TH whenever i see it :D

The weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got my first shot of the Covid-19 vaccine this afternoon.

Advertisement