Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Every time I try to top up,I am unable to do same...

This site is currently undergoing maintenance.Please check back later,
    or call us on 3332 from your lycamobile or 0207 132 0322

Sick to death of it,anybody else experiencing similar issues.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

seligehgit wrote: »
    Every time I try to top up,I am unable to do same...

This site is currently undergoing maintenance.Please check back later,
    or call us on 3332 from your lycamobile or 0207 132 0322

Sick to death of it, anybody else experiencing similar issues.

Yep very same issues here, tried a few times last night and again this morning, ended up ringing them this evening and despite them saying there was no issues, (I tried 3 different cards and paypal, all gave errors) they asked me to try again and ring back if it didnt work.

I insisted that she stayed on the line while I tried both my lads accounts and both failed again. She told me she'd escalate it and asked me to ring back in 24hrs. I just got her to top up both numbers while I was on the phone to her, which she did, and both topped up successfully.

There is definitely an issue with top-ups via their website.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Was it any better when a speed test was done on the phone while not tethering? I think the speeds are about correct. Lyca speeds are generally poor.

Slightly better with tethering switched off

IMG_7667_zps6um22ku7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I had that problem too on Saturday and not for the first time.Rang them and just did it over the phone instead

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

What masts are they using for coverage?

• Advertisement

Signpost wrote: »
    What masts are they using for coverage?

The old O2 masts apparently. the same as what Tesco and 48 are using

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Thats me sold! Thanks for the link lads, looks like a savage offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is there a tethering restriction? I just tried switching on the hotspot on my wife's iphone and I was able to connect to it no bother. Speeds weren't great, but still worked fine thou.

IMG_5195_zps5xsfoo7z.png

It was already discussed here and I think the conclusion was it wasn't possible? I tried from a Lyca sim the other day connecting with my laptop and it connected to the signal fine, but said "No internet" and no pages would load

cormie wrote: »
    It was already discussed here and I think the conclusion was it wasn't possible? I tried from a Lyca sim the other day connecting with my laptop and it connected to the signal fine, but said "No internet" and no pages would load

I checked a few emails and got a few tweets in while connected to the hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Interesting, I did a google and it looks like a lot of Lyca customers can't tether. Maybe others can report if they can or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

No you cannot thether by default.

Btw try PdaNet I have it on my Android phone and Laptop and I can Bluetooth a comms connection ;-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pdanet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

How are people getting on with Lycamobile regarding text messages going through consistently? Herself is on this package and every now and again she sends a text that is not received. Sometimes to me, sometimes to others (and they're the ones we know of!). And yes, I've checked her phone to make sure the "missing" messages are indeed showing as sent to the correct person.

It's caught us out a couple of times so we'll probably look elsewhere in 2017 for a carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I was not able to top-up online for a while. It is possible to get automatic top-up over a phone using card which worked with successful online top-up as well. Call 1747 and follow instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭omicron

Is the Lycamobile network down for anyone else or is it just my phone giving trouble? No signal for the last hour, have turned the phone off and on twice.

My lads are both using their phones now and they have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭omicron

My lads are both using their phones now and they have no issues.

Thanks must be just my phone!

omicron wrote: »
    Is the Lycamobile network down for anyone else or is it just my phone giving trouble? No signal for the last hour, have turned the phone off and on twice.

All good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

omicron wrote: »

If your using android
    Try going into the lyca toolbox. It is in your apps and looks like a sim card. Its not an app from the play store as it automatically shows when sim card is inserted. Change the settings to something else eg UK and then back to force a refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I cannot contact them on facebook or anywhere else. I have €17.06 on my account, but i am unable to buy a €15euro bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

RHJ wrote: »

When we were in the UK in August, my wife wasn't able to send any text messages for the whole time we were there either. She was also assigned a U.K. Mobile number, I tried contacting CS on numerous occasions but they were terrible to. E honest, kept saying they'd escalate it, gave me a ticket number and told me to ring back in 24 hours.

Suckit wrote: »
    I cannot contact them on facebook or anywhere else. I have €17.06 on my account, but i am unable to buy a €15euro bundle.

Out of curiosity, how much of that €17.06 is promotional credit? You can't use any of the free credit they give you for purchasing any bundles.

*131# will give you the breakdown of your credit btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

RHJ wrote: »
    After 29th try this code *140*44# you get new UK number.
    To activate Saver International Rates : text SAVE to 2525

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Suckit wrote: »

Out of curiosity, how much of that €17.06 is promotional credit? You can't use any of the free credit they give you for purchasing any bundles.

*131# will give you the breakdown of your credit btw.

Thanks for that.
    Ah.. €14.06 is actual credit. For some reason 94cent of actual credit was used instead of promo credit. More annoyingly is that it was used before the midnight of my bundle expiring.
    There should be €15 of actual credit.

Any word on if the free data offer with top-ups is still available, when I spoke to CS last week, they seemed to indicate that it would be wrapped up on the 31/12/2016. I did mention to them that this was the case for each previous month and each month it was extended again. Strangely though, the website hasn't updated to say the offer has indeed being extended.
    The Offer is free and included with no additional charges with every top-up. To get 15GB FREE DATA, simply top-up 15€ or more. If you top-up less than 15€ you will get 10GB FREE DATA. The offer is valid for 30 days from the top-up. If you do not top-up again your SIM card, after 30 days, then the promotional offer is no longer applicable and you will be charged at standard rates. You must have minimum balance of 1ct to enjoy the offer. Minimum top up of €5 required. The Offer is valid from 18/08/2016 to 31/12/2016. All unused FREE DATA will expire on 31/12/2016. To check your remaining data allowance dial: *147#. Lycamobile reserves the right to replace or amend the offer or these Terms & Conditions or to withdraw the offer at any time on reasonable notice.

What I can confirm though is both my lads are still using their free data so that would seem to indicate that the offer is still going anyway.

Having problems with Paypal topup, just wont go through.
    Spoke with Customer Service and they are looking into it !!!

However she told me that the 10Gb promotion with €5 topup has finished as of 31/12/16.

She didn't know of any promotions coming down the line

maurice1 wrote: »

However she told me that the 10Gb promotion with €5 topup has finished as of 31/12/16.

The offer is still up on the website but gives 31/12 as expiry date.I just checked my sons account and his bonus data is showing as valid till 15/1, going by that I'd say offer is still valid

maurice1 wrote: »

Those online top up problems are ongoing now for at least 3 weeks, they keep saying there is no problems were as there obviously is. Anyway, regarding the extra data, any unused data was supposed to run out when the offer finished, but as I've said already, my lads still have the balance on the 10gb they got when I topped up before Christmas.

Only way we'd know for sure is if someone had topped up after 1st Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

i have a problem with Paypal top up aswell. Good to know its not my fault...

• Advertisement

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bonus-data-offer shows until 31/1/17 so incorrect info from CS again!

Advertisement