Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

1172173174175176178»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Well Maher went to shoulder Canning and completely missed and ended up being a charge to Cannings frontal area.
      As
    Bruschi will surely agree since he is an absolute stickler for rules being applied to the letter when it suits (despite the fact Wexford would never finish a game with more than 12 players if that was the case) this was an aggressive foul as per "5.28 (a) To charge an opponent in the back or to the front"
    with the penalty being
    (i) Free puck from where foul occurred, except as provided under Exceptions of Rule 2.2.
    (ii) Caution offender for committing any of the above fouls a second time; order off for a further repetition or for other cautionable foul.

And as
    Mantis Toboggan will no doubt agree, since Cannings frontal area took the heavy impact, it is without dispute that Maher was hoping to shatter Cannings rib cage so that he could cynically inflict permanent damage on Canning's kidneys

Of course I am joking here, the game of hurling would be much worse off if such physicality would be removed from it and like most, I am happy that referees apply common sense and apply their interpretation of the rules to the play in front of him, and I am not hypocritical enough to cherry pick instances where I am happy for the referee to deviate from this, because it happens to suit me at the time

Genuinely dont know why you feel the need to address me here, nor what Wexford has to do with this at all. But you keep going, its only 5 days now, you'll surely drag it on for another few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

rebs23 wrote: »
    Bit of a contradiction there. I'd give up at this stage... It's amusing but let it go.

I think you need to re-read the post, since it's clear you didn't get the point being made. Nice selective quoting too by the way

bruschi wrote: »
    Genuinely dont know why you feel the need to address me here, nor what Wexford has to do with this at all. But you keep going, its only 5 days now, you'll surely drag it on for another few weeks.

Complaining about the topic dragging on when your most previous post was "Maher and Canning ended up with cuts on their faces. Both should have been sent off" is a bit rich

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

I think you need to re-read the post, since it's clear you didn't get the point being made. Nice selective quoting too by the way
    There's only one way to read that statement,:D Please keep going...

There's only one way to read that statement,:D Please keep going...

Here's a little hint, i may not think KK would have won with 15 v 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭letsseehere14

The decline was said to be happening after been knocked out in 2013, yet they contested the next 3 all-irelands winning 2 in a row. If anything the decline has been a lot slower that everyone predicted in 2013 and each year since

There was no way that Kilkenny were going to lose that match if it remained 15 on 15. They had dominated the first 17 minutes earning a five point lead, then Tipp enjoyed a purple patch taking the lead at 30 mins. From that point on it was almost tit for tat with Tipp going to into half time with a lead by a solitary point, which clearly shows that Kilkenny had weathered the Tipp storm and were looking forward to unleashing their usual 15 minute onslaught after just after half time with 15 men on 15.
    See we can all make authoritative statements that suits our narrative but the truth is that no one knows for sure how the game would have panned out

I didnt mention 2013, I said 2016, and the stats back it up. Kilkenny won 2 Leinster titles and 2 All Irelands in 2014 and 2015. They have won 1 Leinster, no All Irelands and lost as many matches from 2016 to 2019 as they did the previous 17 years, including the first championship loss in Nowlan Park for a ridiculous length of time, a first loss to Limerick in a ridiculous length of time, a first loss to Waterford in a ridiculous length of time and taken two hammerings in All Ireland Finals. The decline obviously began after 2015. Losing as many matches in a 4 year period as the previous 17 combined is a fast decline.

On the second point, its a forum, obviously it was my opinion, but fine, IN MY OPINION there was no way 15 on 15 Kilkenny would have won that game and I gave my reasons in the two sentences after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Which was accident with a ball :pac:

Fair play for least proving my point :pac:

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Complaining about the topic dragging on when your most previous post was "Maher and Canning ended up with cuts on their faces. Both should have been sent off" is a bit rich

edit. no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Mach Two wrote: »
    Not on this I am afraid.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

There was no way that Kilkenny were going to lose that match if it remained 15 on 15.
    See we can all make authoritative statements that suits our narrative but the truth is that no one knows for sure how the game would have panned out
    Oh I see, so no-one except you knows for certain that they wouldn't have lost the match.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Kilkenny always targeted players. Remember Tony O Sullivan was young gifted player who they broke his nose in AI Final in 80s.

The Cats have done it for years and now to see them annoyed at one incident is hilarious

Yes, but, it was acceptable in the 80s. The 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oh I see, so no-one except you knows for certain that they wouldn't have lost the match.:rolleyes:

Jesus will you stop making a spectacle of yourself or do you need someone to actually spell out the point he was making that you missed so utterly spectacularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

Here's a little hint, i may not think KK would have won with 15 v 15

Sarcasm does not always come across in text. The fact you are arguing with several differnt people doesn't help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,037 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

adrian522 wrote: »
    Obviously. A lot of bitter been waiting a long time to stick the boot in. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

That’s not even sticking boot in. It’s just facts hurt ye now that it’s gone other way. Get over it. Plenty of counties were told same when happened to them and us.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

D9Male wrote: »
    Dub here. Completely neutral.

I don't understand the discourse four days after the final.

Tipperary suffered at the hands of questionable refereeing v Wexford. Their reaction was to shrug off the fact they were down to 14 men and to win in style.

Kilkenny down to 14 men? Collapse for 45 minutes, whinge for the guts of a week! And it was a red all day long!
    There was plenty of questionable refereeing decisions on both Tipp and Wex in the semi final? Would Tipp of won if the ref had to send off Tipps corner back for punching Dee O Keeffe? One of Tipps goals should of stood but Conor McDonald also had a stone wall penalty and not to mention blatant frees that never came..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

To change the subject, if I may!

Seems there is a big meet of Galway hurlers tonight in aftermath of Donoghue's "jump or be pushed" resignation.

Be interesting to see what emerges, and who might get it.

Has to be internal. Wonder would Kenny be asked? Although he seems to have a lot of enemies down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bonniedog wrote: »
    To change the subject, if I may!

Seems there is a big meet of Galway hurlers tonight in aftermath of Donoghue's "jump or be pushed" resignation.

Be interesting to see what emerges, and who might get it.

Has to be internal. Wonder would Kenny be asked? Although he seems to have a lot of enemies down there!

Mentioned on the six one news that he's staying with the Dublin hurlers.

Oh well ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That’s not even sticking boot in. It’s just facts hurt ye now that it’s gone other way. Get over it. Plenty of counties were told same when happened to them and us.

Facts? A rare currency around these parts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭threeball

Oh well ...

You want him gone?

• Advertisement

Was being half facetious. Don't think it will make any difference who manages certain prima donnas.

Would have been on the Daly/Cunningham ticket myself, so not an anti Galway thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Was being half facetious. Don't think it will make any difference who manages certain prima donnas.

Would have been on the Daly/Cunningham ticket myself, so not an anti Galway thing!

daly has told lads here in clare that he is almost wasting his time going for the clare job this year ,because of one or two members in the county board don't want him

i imagine he could very well throw his hat into the ring for the galway job , galway have loads of really good coaches in fairness so opposition would be stiff

personally i think daly would love another stint at the dublin job if kenny did move back to galway , and would be his preferred choice

Cunningham was big loss to Dublin. Gilroy got a lot of credit for pulling them together but for me it was Cunningham's coaching and bringing them up to the aggression and pace required that was beginning to pay dividends.

Himself and Kenny obviously don't gel so that was a non starter.

Daly was brilliant when he was here. Brought a real buzz and passion to it, but have to say there is still a bit of a hangover with some players who were there when he left thinking they are bigger than the team, and that lack of bonding for the want of a better word and an element of complacency led to the disaster in Portlaoise.

Holed beneath the water line now.

Advertisement