Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Okay :confused::confused:
    Angela Merkel says "guten tag"

Of course there are outliers but May is not one of them. Her tears in front of #10 are proof of this. You would never see Merkel do that.

• Of course there are outliers but May is not one of them. Her tears in front of #10 are proof of this. You would never see Merkel do that.

Hillary says "Howdy"

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Wait, you think some one like Boris Johnson is more responsible and tough thinking than Theresa May? I have no love for May, but you're seriously deluding yourself if you think that's true.

I'm genuinely curious why you dislike the EU? The MEP's are voted in, the vast majority of things the EU has done have been very beneficial to Ireland and the Irish people.

Most of the bad things that have happened here are directly the fault of our own Government.

Boris would not be my first choice but he has better negotiation skills than May. I dont like the EU because they do not respect democracy. The MEP's are there only for show, it is the unelected scumbags that are the real problem.

Hillary says "Howdy"

Hillary who?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Boris would not be my first choice but he has better negotiation skills than May. I dont like the EU because they do not respect democracy. The MEP's are there only for show, it is the unelected scumbags that are the real problem.

Where is your evidence that he is a better negotiator?

• Advertisement

• Hillary who?

Nancy Pelosi says "Hi there"
    Carrie Lamb says "Ni Hao"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do you have anything to say that's more meaningful than these facile soundbytes?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Arlene Foster says "No"

Want to still say that women leaders are easier pushovers than the men?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No sorry I worded it wrong. I mean, a woman will generally be more agreeable than a man. That is one of the reasons I think May failed. A male PM will be less likley to put up with the EU's bs. I'm not trolling, I'm talking about well established personality traits between the sexes.

any chance of some examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Your "comparable situation" makes no sense despite re-reading it several times

Also, there are a number of reasons why there is no need to pay the divorce bill. Even if they had to pay it, a PM with any balls would just walk away from it.

Then their "word" and signature on any future agreements or deals would be worthless, how could anyone trust them or agree on deals with them if they just walk away from bills they owe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Then their "word" and signature on any future agreements or deals would be worthless, how could anyone trust them or agree on deals wit them if they just walk away from bills they owe ?

yeah but you're forgetting balls

• lawred2 wrote: »
    yeah but you're forgetting balls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

No disrespect here, but this is very much a soundbyte.

How is Boris a better negotiator? What negotiating has he done?

Explain the EU not respecting democracy? I suspect you'll mention the Lisbon Treaty, but I think you should really read up on the difference between the two votes we had, as the conditions were very different in both.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I suspect you'll mention the Lisbon Treaty, but I think you should really read up on the difference between the two votes we had, as the conditions were very different in both.

I am very well versed on the Lisbon situation. It was the wrong answer the first time so it was run again. It was essentially the same treaty the second time, and yes I know there were minuscule differences.

• Sonics2k wrote: »
    No disrespect here, but this is very much a soundbyte.

How is Boris a better negotiator? What negotiating has he done?

Explain the EU not respecting democracy? I suspect you'll mention the Lisbon Treaty, but I think you should really read up on the difference between the two votes we had, as the conditions were very different in both.

What did he negotiate as Foreign Secretary?

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Then their "word" and signature on any future agreements or deals would be worthless, how could anyone trust them or agree on deals with them if they just walk away from bills they owe ?

That wouldn't happen. Look at Iceland, they tore up their contracts to get out of recession and they are doing just fine. There are trade agreements ready to be implemented with Britain, Trump is banging at their door. The Brits will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What did he negotiate as Foreign Secretary?

I literally can't think of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Balanadan wrote: »
    They're sending MEPs to Europe to pocket our money while turning their backs and acting the bollocks.

The door is open, why are they taking so long to leave?

Couldnt agree more. will they ever just **** off. They are causing some people here serious stress.

Thread is going way off topic, look, one of the main reasons the British are still in the EU is because of their cuck prime minister. If she cant control her emotions on her own door step, imagine how she was around the negotiation table with the EU. The UK needs a PM with strong masculine values, one who will not give in to the elites. I am aware that there are powerful females in the world but they are the exception rather than the rule (you can look at the statistics of male leaders vs female leaders for proof of this). If by some paradox in the space time continuum Thatcher had taken over instead of May, the Brits would be long gone at this stage, deal or no deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thread is going way off topic, look, one of the main reasons the British are still in the EU is because of their cuck prime minister. If she cant control her emotions on her own door step, imagine how she was around the negotiation table with the EU. The UK needs a PM with strong masculine values, one who will not give in to the elites. I am aware that there are powerful females in the world but they are the exception rather than the rule (you can look at the statistics of male leaders vs female leaders for proof of this). If by some paradox in the space time continuum Thatcher had taken over instead of May, the Brits would be long gone at this stage, deal or no deal.

Sure, why not throw in a bit of the aul sexism while we're at it?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Sure, why not throw in a bit of the aul sexism while we're at it?

It is not sexism, it is scientific fact that women are more agreeable, meaning they are generally not as good at negotiating. If is one of the reasons for the "pay gap" aswell. There are things that women are better at and things that men are better at, its life, deal with it....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3149680/

"Replicating previous findings, women reported higher Big Five Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism scores than men."

It is not sexism, it is scientific fact that women are more agreeable, meaning they are generally not as good at negotiating. If is one of the reasons for the "pay gap" aswell. There are things that women are better at and things that men are better at, its life, deal with it....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3149680/

"Replicating previous findings, women reported higher Big Five Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism scores than men."

That's just a generalisation. Doesn't apply to every person and is frankly weak reasoning.

H. H. Asquith

• That's just a generalisation. Doesn't apply to every person and is frankly weak reasoning.

Especially considering the personality traits required to rise through political ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭KildareP

The EU are a disgrace, if it wasnt for them stalling, the Brits would be gone now
    one of the main reasons the British are still in the EU is because of their cuck prime minister.

Sorry can you be a little clearer who is to blame here? The EU or the UK?

That's just a generalisation. Doesn't apply to every person and is frankly weak reasoning.

That is one study among hundreds. These traits can be observed in everyday life, it is indisputable. Women in general are more agreeable while men in general are more stoic. Im not sure how May rose through the ranks because she is a pushover unlike the strong female leaders mentioned in this thread.

KildareP wrote: »
    Sorry can you be a little clearer who is to blame here? The EU or the UK?

Both. The EU dont respect democracy and didnt want the British to leave. The Brits put a weak remainer in charge. The EU took advantage of Mays weakness. A stronger PM would have put their personal wishes aside and battled for Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭KildareP

Both. The EU dont respect democracy and didnt want the British to leave. The Brits put a weak remainer in charge. The EU took advantage of Mays weakness. A stronger PM would have put their personal wishes aside and battled for Brexit.

Of course they don't want Britain to leave.
    But they're not making Britain stay either.

• KildareP wrote: »
    Of course they don't want Britain to leave.
    But they're not making Britain stay either.

Britain are the crowd who insisted on the UK wide backstop, in negotiations.
    Britain are the crowd crying about the UK wide backstop.

EU is still at fault somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

Can you clarify how, exactly, the EU forced May and the British government into their impossible triangle of goals?

They want complete separation from the EU and control over their borders.
    They want no border in Ireland.
    They want no border down the Irish sea.

They cannot have all three, they can only pick two. International law only allows for them choosing two, irrespective of the EU's wishes. This isn't a scenario the EU forced on them, it's one they chose for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I used to be pro EU by the way.

I don't believe this for a second.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement