Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 2330 classic - Phone restricted ?

• 23-11-2010 12:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Nokia 2330 classic. Its probably one of the cheapest phones on the market but it does everything I want a phone to do. Its a pay as you go phone with Tesco Mobile. I bought it new about 3 months ago and it has worked fine for me since.

However this morning the screen just displays the words "Phone restricted" with an option to Undo. When I select this option it asks me to "Enter restriction code". I haven't a clue what this is. Does anyone here know the story is ?

The booklet that came with the phone just had PIN and PUK codes.
    As you can gather I know very little about phones other than how to make and receive calls and texts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Still using the same Tesco SIM.
    Haven't taken it out since the day I bought the phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lapin wrote: »
    Still using the same Tesco SIM.
    Haven't taken it out since the day I bought the phone.

Thats kinda odd. When a handset has a network lock in place, and you try a different operators sim you get that error.

Any chance someone was messing it without you knowing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

No, nobody else had the phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lapin wrote: »
    No, nobody else had the phone.

Have you tried different sims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Call 1909 and get a replacement sim sent out to you, very strange though,open the ohone and make sure the sim is blue....just in case..

Advertisement