Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Rhythm Section

• 21-01-2020 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭

Blake Lively stars as a woman who discovers that the death of her family was not accidental, and sets out for revenge, training for it with the help of Jude Law. Looks suitably gritty, with Blake reportedly doing her own stunt driving for a major chase scene.

On the character:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Saw scenes being filmed in Dublin so I’ll go see it because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks like some decent work has been put into the filming, style and action.

potentially interesting - it has been a while since there has been a decent thriller really.

hopefully will be decent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Crazy how different an actor can look, with something as simple as a haircut (and possibly less make-up). Blake Lively barely looks like how I usually see her in films.

Looks like it might be good, middle of the road adult entertainment. Which feels like a rare beast these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A revenge thriller done before but this looks decent

• Advertisement

reviews say that it's pretty muck

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw it tonight. A bit gritty, a bit meh, but could have done with
    a twist at the end
    Addle wrote: »
    Saw scenes being filmed in Dublin so I’ll go see it because of that.
    Iveagh Flats and back of Mansion House, anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It was the street on the opposite side of O’Connell street to Henry street I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

It's got enjoyable aspects, i quite enjoyed blake lively and rate her as an actress. The tone of the film is really strange and the initial setup of the character takes forever and doesnt add much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Worst opening ever in North America for a very wide release (3000+ screens)

• Advertisement
Advertisement