Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah that's Alter Egotist, posts on here sometimes, massive NES collector. Hope he's doing alright, seems to be selling loads of gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah that's Alter Egotist, posts on here sometimes, massive NES collector. Hope he's doing alright, seems to be selling loads of gear!
    I hope so too.
    They were trying to get a full collection weren't they? That's all they were collecting afaik?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll always have fond memories of Movies Games and Videogames. It introduced me to Rocket Knight Adventures which is the second best megadrive game ever made (fact).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll always have fond memories of Movies Games and Videogames. It introduced me to Rocket Knight Adventures which is the second best megadrive game ever made (fact).

What's the best then, in your opinion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunstar Heroes.

Best 6/10 game you will ever play.

• Advertisement

Back from a short holiday. Went to Eindhoven and was at the Philips museum. Pretty interesting exhibit.

They had a few Philips branded Magnavox Odysseys on show and the home micro... GC3000 I think it was called? No MSX.

They did however have a 350 model CDI proudly on display compete with it's rubbish controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

An 8-bitesque "demake" of Virtual Cop you can play in your browser?

Why not!

https://helpcomputer.itch.io/metro-cop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭MrVestek

45526119_10217943273316240_6771456171996872704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_eui2=AeGtUT8i1RhE73WgIyFGQRtl_3WZ5RvHIfcW91-uxAq6VO5dSDEPMPkZSOG2yGtmrcARLnZyKfYXy-HVIr35v_eK7tHmflTBCXjY_M8cXwiOjw&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=44d8ff6efef5503aeef9457d1203fa09&oe=5C76550C

Who knows what's wrong with this picture? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

MrVestek wrote: »
    45526119_10217943273316240_6771456171996872704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_eui2=AeGtUT8i1RhE73WgIyFGQRtl_3WZ5RvHIfcW91-uxAq6VO5dSDEPMPkZSOG2yGtmrcARLnZyKfYXy-HVIr35v_eK7tHmflTBCXjY_M8cXwiOjw&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=44d8ff6efef5503aeef9457d1203fa09&oe=5C76550C

Who knows what's wrong with this picture? :P
    You're not using the right homebrew, that's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Adrenaline not the best way of playing PSP games on the Vita? I've always found it very good.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Adrenaline not the best way of playing PSP games on the Vita? I've always found it very good.

Aye, seems fine to me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

One of my Japanese packages finally arrived. Got damaged a bit in transit though so what was an absolute mint condition box now has a dent and some creases and the disc case inside is cracked. Not a lot of damage but as someone who wanted it for collectable purposes it's kind of a kick in the balls.

Hopefully the next one isn't far behind and not damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

That's exactly how he should be doing it to be fair ;) The Vita above is now a fully fledged PSP with a better screen, better specs, and better controls.

That is Adrenaline by the looks of it :) (full PSP Custom Firmware running natively on the Vita)

Inviere wrote: »
    That's exactly how he should be doing it to be fair ;) The Vita above is now a fully fledged PSP with a better screen, better specs, and better controls.

That is Adrenaline by the looks of it :) (full PSP Custom Firmware running natively on the Vita)

The OLED screen still impresses all these years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

MrVestek wrote: »
    The OLED screen still impresses all these years later.
    Too bad my screen is burnt in.

Grip: Combat Racing is a spiritual successor to the Rollcage games and just released on PC and Xbox One:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Alessandro Hot Syringe

Anyone else here eagerly awaiting a new DF Retro video? Seems like ages since we had an episode.

Anyone else here eagerly awaiting a new DF Retro video? Seems like ages since we had an episode.

Speaking of the devil, they have one on Tetris up in the last 5 hours!

Speaking of the devil, they have one on Tetris up in the last 5 hours!

Any good? I'm out at the moment, can't check the YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good time to bring up that Tetris Effect is bloody magnificent. Feels like the game Tetsuya Mizuguchi has always wanted to make but now has the licence to do it. I love that he’s spent his career just making these idiosyncratic, trance-like games - and this is a further refinement of it, just with one of the most famous video games of them all added to the mix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good time to bring up that Tetris Effect is bloody magnificent. Feels like the game Tetsuya Mizuguchi has always wanted to make but now has the licence to do it. I love that he’s spent his career just making these idiosyncratic, trance-like games - and this is a further refinement of it, just with one of the most famous video games of them all added to the mix.

Seems like ages since you've posted here!

Regards: Tetris Effect, I tried the demo last weekend, it was very nice indeed.
    Might wait for a physical release though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone ever use this place https://www.shipito.com/en/

Looking to find a way to get some handy stuff from America shipped over to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seems like ages since you've posted here!

Regards: Tetris Effect, I tried the demo last weekend, it was very nice indeed.
    Might wait for a physical release though.

I’m always here, lurking, biding my time...

Apparently the Tetris Effect physical release is up in the air for the UK / Ireland, so importing would be the best option (according to one of the game’s producers).

https://twitter.com/markmacd/status/1060522243187298304?s=21I’m

I reckon I’ll end up double dipping if it’s released for Rift at some point :/

How about Address Pal?

Any good? I'm out at the moment, can't check the YouTube

Haven't watched all of it, was watching it in bed and falling asleep last night.

He goes through the vast majority of Tetris games so it is detailed but maybe a bit repetitive too, a bit of an overload of Tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Doge wrote: »
    How about Address Pal?

They only do home delivery from America. I was going to use the other company to try and get all the games I get bundled into one parcel.

Not sure what the best option is though. I want to get my NTSC SNES and PS1 games though

I'll give Tetris Effect a go, loved everything Mizuguchi has done lately.

My only issue with it is that it's tetris, while I think it's a great game there's better puzzle games like puyo puyo and panel de pon.

Still, I was hoping teris/puyo puyo would have an option to play the stand alone games so this should scratch that itch. Wish it was on the Switch but I'd say it will come to switch and PC as Sony aren't funding or publishing the game. Going to hold out until it's on them as I never turn on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've used them twice. I've recently learned that they're moving their Nevada warehouse to another state so will no longer have 0% sales tax.

Other than that no issues. They send you weights and dimensions and photos of the shipping box. On request for a fee they'll open them up, take more photos etc. From what I can tell their customs declarations are grand too. AddressPal US have a serious issues with customs being completely wrong and over valued items even when providing invoices resulting in higher fees when landed.

I had a handbag and Ugg boots shipped over for herself, I believe it was 2kg each package. Around €40ish shipped. I think it was a fair price for a large box. But of course, vat and customs on top of all that gets expensive. Very expensive.

Shame it's so expensive to import from the US.

Outside of that can't fault the service. It's one of the cheaper, if not the cheapest, forwarding service. As you're looking to consolidate packages that rules out AddressPal.

• Advertisement

They only do home delivery from America. I was going to use the other company to try and get all the games I get bundled into one parcel.

Not sure what the best option is though. I want to get my NTSC SNES and PS1 games though

Not true. You can get them to deliver to the Post Office that's closest to you too.

Advertisement