Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is your impression of Aspergers syndrome?

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If someone has a diagnosis for Aspergers and acts like that in the workplace do they get a free pass? Can’t discipline me, it’s my condition

People with Aspergers are not good at being manipulative so this just does not happen.
    The most one can hope for is if the person on the spectrum is really good at their job they are worth having around.

As for social mistakes, the strategy is to apologise and kiss ass.

No special treatment if a person becomes more of a liability than an asset they are gone and people with Aspergers far from having a free pass are in-fact much more vulnerable to getting the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A number of posters on this very board have it and they are a mixed bag.

A relatives son has it a friends grandson has it I work with a couple of people with it.
    I notice some of those with the condition are prone to online trolling for the sake of attention seeking as they seem unable to interact with people in a normal way.

My impression of these people is that they are very annoying and emotionally immature.
    They may seem intelligent but they seem to panic when they have to do anything outside their narrow comfort zone.

They seem to mess up all relationships and friendships that is if they can even form them in the first place.
    They also come across as selfish and weird and they can ask the same question over and over again as if looking for reassurance.

Despite the PC version of the syndrome these people seem prone to mood swings and bursts of anger if they are pushed too far outside their comfort zone.

What are your impressions of people with Aspergers am I being unfair or am I being truthful?

Are these people weirdos creepy and anlying?

You do realise that those two things describe humans in general?

I'd suggest you go out there are meet some people who are ASD. Actually, maybe it's best to start with some youtube videos and articles. And remember if you know one person who has ASD all you know about ASD is that you know one person with it.

Unless you are just trying to troll people who are ASD.

Grayson wrote: »
    You do realise that those two things describe humans in general?

I'd suggest you go out there are meet some people who are ASD. Actually, maybe it's best to start with some youtube videos and articles. And remember if you know one person who has ASD all you know about ASD is that you know one person with it.

Unless you are just trying to troll people who are ASD.

Did you read any of the thread?

I have ASD I just wanted to see how many people would agree with that post and I am glad to say not many.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

here's Ricky's take on it....

fryup wrote: »
    here's Ricky's take on it....

Right, forget Aspergers I am autistic and I have to admit I got a laugh from that.

One thing I did notice Ricky uses his arms and hands a lot when he is talking:confused:

Are you surprised some of us have a sense of humour?

I love the TV series he did Derek.

• Advertisement

Advertisement