Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains/buses from stansted

• 06-11-2018 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone I’m just wondering can anyone tell me are there any direct trains or buses from stansted airport to Chelsea stadium area in Fulham. Or anywhere close

I will be going with someone who can’t walk very far and I can’t seem to find anything online and have never been there before. The tubes I was told are pretty complicated so would prefer to stick with regular trains/buses
    Thank you in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

No, the only quick way of doing it really is getting Stansted Express Train, or bus from the Airport to Liverpool Street and then get the Tube to Fulham Broadway

The best non-tube way of doing it may well be to get the Train to Liverpool Street and then get bus 11 from Great Winchester Street, about a 300m walk from Liverpool Street, to Rumbold Road, which is about a 3-4 minute walk from the stadium.

Bear in mind however, the 11 bus takes almost an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you haven't booked a flight then consider booking on BA or Aer Lingus to Heathrow, and onto the Piccadilly line to Earls Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Are you going over for a match in Stamford Bridge? If your going over with someone who can't walk very far bear in mind that most the roads around the ground will likely be closed off, I can't comment for Stamford Bridge now but at least that was the case when I was over at the Emirates a couple of seasons ago for an Arsenal game so there was a bit of walk in order to catch a bus tube probably easier but the queues would probably be massive after a game.

Also bear in mind that you'll need an Oyster or a Contactless credit card to travel on buses in London unless you get a day travel card included on your train ticket which entitles to unlimited bus/tube travel on the day of issue.

As for flights if your going RA from Dublin then maybe consider Gatwick as it's nearer to South London and there are lots more train connections than from Stansted such as Southern and Thameslink don't bother with the Gatwick Express as it's overpriced and no quicker than any other train.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

You can get a coach from Stansted that goes to Victoria coach station, underground is opposite & its six stops to Fulham Broadway tube station which is fully accessible flat entry exit off trains with a lift to the surface.

or

Fly to Heathrow, Heathrow Express to Paddington and then district to Fulham Broadway (one change on same level platform) - around 6 stops

or

London City then train Bank/Monument (that's a decent walk) and district to Earls Court & change. Probably the worst of the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

London City is another option, very short walk to the DLR and then the tube afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

London City is another option, very short walk to the DLR and then the tube afterwards.

A huge interchange with multiple levels transferring from DLRvtobtube however.

Best option is coach to Victoria Coach Station followed by a taxi the short distance to Fulham Broadway.

But costs a lot

Fly to Heathrow, Heathrow Express to Paddington and then district to Fulham Broadway (one change on same level platform) - around 6 stops

Heathrow and Gatwick Express are both scams. Better off using TFL Rail (formerly Heathrow Connect) or Southern or Thameslink from Gatwick.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Heathrow and Gatwick Express are both scams. Better off using TFL Rail (formerly Heathrow Connect) or Southern or Thameslink from Gatwick.

The OP specified difficulty in walking, the Heathrow Express trains are a lot more accessible than TFL, Southern or Thameslink in my opinion in both their non step access and also the layout of Paddington

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The OP specified difficulty in walking, the Heathrow Express trains are a lot more accessible than TFL, Southern or Thameslink in my opinion in both their non step access and also the layout of Paddington

TFL Rail leaves from the same place at the airport and goes to the same destination, with newer rolling stock, the only difference is it takes a little longer as it stops at a few places en-route.

• Advertisement

devnull wrote: »
    TFL Rail leaves from the same place at the airport and goes to the same destination, with newer rolling stock, the only difference is it takes a little longer as it stops at a few places en-route.

Thanks for that, hadn't realised they had updated their trains.

Advertisement