Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

taxsaver help

Options
  • 08-11-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Annual price of taxsaver point to point irish rail (Athlone to Heuston) is €4960.00

trying to find Annual cost of luas ticket (Heuston-Georges Dock/Busaras).

Can someone help me here, with the combined cost of the above, how much of a saving can be made buying an annual ticket?

Say you earn 42k

I know its not as simple as deducting 20 or 40% from the cost, rather you pay in full and it comes out of gross income before you pay tax

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭howiya

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Annual price of taxsaver point to point irish rail (Athlone to Heuston) is €4960.00

trying to find Annual cost of luas ticket (Heuston-Georges Dock/Busaras).

Can someone help me here, with the combined cost of the above, how much of a saving can be made buying an annual ticket?

Say you earn 42k

I know its not as simple as deducting 20 or 40% from the cost, rather you pay in full and it comes out of gross income before you pay tax

any help would be greatly appreciated

Extra €440 per annum for Luas to Connolly.

Total ticket cost €5400 but you would save €2592 according to taxsaver.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

There's an annual Irish rail 'all services' ticket with Luas for €5540.00 as well. So you'd pay €140 extra to travel anywhere, not just Dublin-Athlone. Might be better value if you ever travel somewhere else.

https://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/Annual-All-Service-Tickets1/

Advertisement