Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interview the person below you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I would be of the opinion some could be approached, maybe not directly help you but would have the local government contacts to help if they wanted.

Have you ever approached a politician for help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dash_Of_Red

No, never. I consider them useless anyway.

Is your current life the way you envisaged it as a teen?

No, never. I consider them useless anyway.

Is your current life the way you envisaged it as a teen?

In my head im still a teen.

No its not but then i dont think i envisaged too much.

What about yourself?

I had high hopes. Didnt work out. What was the best moment of your life?

Hard to label one moment as the best moment of my life, Ive had some very significant moments that i would rate as good, but then im not sure were they good because i hadn't pr-empted them or are they good looking back.

When the house falls quiet and you have it all to yourself, whats your favourite thing to do?

• Advertisement

Put the feet up, mug of scald, watch Frasier on CH4 or read a book.

Everyone in Russia pays the same flat rate of income tax, I believe it's 13% (maybe 12, can't be arsed googling at this hour) and it applies from billionaires to janitors. No high rate, no low rate, just 13% on every rouble.

From what I've been told by people who live there there's (relatively) little effort to avoid/evade this as most people know where they stand and think it's reasonable.

Not asking if you personally would be financially better off under this, asking if you think it's actually fair?

I think its fair to a point, i see the logic of one rate for all, problem is though 13% to one persons income is a savage donation for another its small change. So not fair as personal situations differ.

Have you ever been to Russia?

Put the feet up, mug of scald, watch Frasier on CH4 or read a book.

Everyone in Russia pays the same flat rate of income tax, I believe it's 13% (maybe 12, can't be arsed googling at this hour) and it applies from billionaires to janitors. No high rate, no low rate, just 13% on every rouble.

From what I've been told by people who live there there's (relatively) little effort to avoid/evade this as most people know where they stand and think it's reasonable.

Not asking if you personally would be financially better off under this, asking if you think it's actually fair?

If it includes inheritance tax then yeah. Its a mental question by the way.

Anyhow..... Most hostile county in Ireland?

christ

From personal experience, Limerick, Dublin, or Donegal. Though in Donegal it was the Gardaí giving me gyp
    Compulsory organ donation/harvesting... yay or nay?

• Advertisement

Nah.

SplittheDubs into north and south or laaayve it be?

Dubs are dreadful people, get rid asap.

A) Are you Irish?

B) Regardless of your previous answer, do you remember your first bona fide friendship with a foreigner? Not just meeting one, I mean the first time you thought of one as a friend? No Nordies, but other regular Brits can be included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dubs are dreadful people, get rid asap.

A) Are you Irish?

B) Regardless of your previous answer, do you remember your first bona fide friendship with a foreigner? Not just meeting one, I mean the first time you thought of one as a friend? No Nordies, but other regular Brits can be included.

One of my best friends is a guy I've never met, nor even spoken to on the phone.

He's an Israeli I met in one of the old MSN chatrooms. I had just returned from UN service in Lebanon and mentioned this in the chatroom.. He contacted me and we struck up a conversation and friendship which has lasted in 2001.

Not long after I met another foreigner who was to become a close friend, training partner and team mate (when he was granted Irish citizenship he represented Ireland alongside me in Judo competitions).

He's Iranian, then through me he became friends with my Jewish Israeli friend.

I've no plans to meet my Israeli buddy but when his niece was about to join the Israeli Defence Force he asked me would I take to her about the Lebanese side of the border and my job as a soldier with UNIFIL as she was about to serve in the northern command.

I've stayed in touch with her and have met her a number of times when she's visited Ireland (after her service), and I've been invited to her wedding.

All this through an old MSN chatroom!.. Prior to that I don't recall any particular foreign friends.

Would you prefer to have brains or brawn?.. (I've brawn, would prefer brains).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

One of my best friends is a guy I've never met, nor even spoken to on the phone.

He's an Israeli I met in one of the old MSN chatrooms. I had just returned from UN service in Lebanon and mentioned this in the chatroom.. He contacted me and we struck up a conversation and friendship which has lasted in 2001.

Not long after I met another foreigner who was to become a close friend, training partner and team mate (when he was granted Irish citizenship he represented Ireland alongside me in Judo competitions).

He's Iranian, then through me he became friends with my Jewish Israeli friend.

I've no plans to meet my Israeli buddy but when his niece was about to join the Israeli Defence Force he asked me would I take to her about the Lebanese side of the border and my job as a soldier with UNIFIL as she was about to serve in the northern command.

I've stayed in touch with her and have met her a number of times when she's visited Ireland (after her service), and I've been invited to her wedding.

All this through an old MSN chatroom!.. Prior to that I don't recall any particular foreign friends.

Would you prefer to have brains or brawn?.. (I've brawn, would prefer brains).

Very interesting story.

Brains ..... although i think both brains and brawn can be limited somewhat by genetics .

Are you going out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

No, not tonight.

Do you watch soaps on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

No, I don’t watch much TV these days.

Any holidays planned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

None

Have you any planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Scotland in a few weeks time :)

Are you happy with how the election is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What election?

Do you think all dogs should be kept on a leash to prevent this kind of thing from occurring?

https://tinyurl.com/Boy-Mauled-By-Dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tiana Scone

Yes.

Can you dance?

• Advertisement

Not well

Do you like weddings?

Yeah once it's not my own.

Beef or salmon?

Beef

Do you eat honey?

RMAOK wrote: »
    Beef

Do you eat honey?

Not regularly but I don't mind it.

What's the worst pet name you have been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

RMAOK wrote: »
    Beef

Do you eat honey?

Love it.

Ever gone strawberry picking ? :)

Love it.

Ever gone strawberry picking ? :)

No.

Ever sang in public?

No.

Ever sang in public?

I have as I was in a local choir

Chicken or Pork

Pork

Why do people often say that strange meat often tastes like chicken?

Autosport wrote: »
    I have as I was in a local choir

Chicken or Pork

Chicken.

Even been in a nudist beach?

• Advertisement

Chicken.

Even been in a nudist beach?

Yes a few of us wandered onto it and soon realised :D

Have you ever lived in a different country than Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement