Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

^^ I'm tempted to call them. Its taking substantially longer than 6 minutes to get my code :/

Hope they don't run out of stock..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

No reply on my end either, I have sent them a mail and resubmitted the price check twice.

Also wish they bike would let us have it in the black/white design, it would suit my bike more :(

If anyone sees the black/white for around the same or even slightly (and I mean slightly) please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Give them a ring!! Much faster...Ask for Harrison... Done and dusted in about 3 minutes. Black and also Blue and White available. 99.97 sterling with free delivery....Equals €113.81. Sure a Cateye Strada is usually about 65 euro...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wicklowvet

I rang them earlier and have placed order had to ring twice and go tro some hoops .Now i will need to pick up cheap cadence sensor and heart rate monitor to use with Garmin . Does any one know if polar heart rate monitor can be linked up to the Garmin ???. Anyone know best place to get sensor and HRM ??

wicklowvet wrote: »
    I rang them earlier and have placed order had to ring twice and go tro some hoops .Now i will need to pick up cheap cadence sensor and heart rate monitor to use with Garmin . Does any one know if polar heart rate monitor can be linked up to the Garmin ???. Anyone know best place to get sensor and HRM ??

They are not compatible, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Just had the price match rejected
    Unfortunately the competitor does not have the GPS available for purchase. Conditions: Only identical items (including colour and size variations), in stock and available for immediate delivery/collection from an authorised UK retailer will be price matched.

Not sure I'm arsed calling. I don't actually need it!

I rang and they were happy to give me the pricematch. Apparently there are many people ringing for this one product, in black as well. Now i need to decide to I want it or not. If I miss my early ferry tomorrow I might cycle upto Brighton and get one then otherwise I'll leave it as I don't really need it, I have just been really cheap for awhile and can afford stuff for a change.

My claim got rejected. Does anyone have a direct email address for someone to contact, rather than using the online contact form on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

CramCycle wrote: »
    I grew being told it was : DUN-DA-DUN, DUN, DUUNNNNNAANNAANNAANNAANNAA

Are your DUNS being put through some sort of delay pedal there or was there just a lot of natural reverb in the room when they were being recorded?

I will agree though that the OP's original DOOOONNN just doesn't sound right to my ears...

My claim got rejected. Does anyone have a direct email address for someone to contact, rather than using the online contact form on their site?

Ring them, they don't respond to the e-mails from what I can tell: 00441295574900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Lemag wrote: »
    You can buy me a pint in the Sin é ;)
    There'll be a long row of pints in the Sin é friday night for you by the looks of it!

Getting it sorted now! Excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

No reply on my end either, I have sent them a mail and resubmitted the price check twice.

Also wish they bike would let us have it in the black/white design, it would suit my bike more :(

If anyone sees the black/white for around the same or even slightly (and I mean slightly) please let us know.

They offered me a choice between the colours when I rang them

I rang them after that and got offered the black one.

ordered the blue one. Thinking about it now, the black one would definitely suit my bike more. Era, im not that pushed on it anyway. Worst case scenario, I can colour it in with permanent marker or something :P

Delighted to have it one the way though. I upload all my spins to runkeeper, so it'll be nice not to have to take my iPhone out with me. Peace of mind should i ever come off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Ordered a pair of those Adidas Sky team shorts from m and m direct, arrived today.

**** me, those things are u.g.l.y they aint got no alibi.

They are so rotten I'm only going to be able to wear them in the dark and under bibtights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

el tel wrote: »
    Ordered a pair of those Adidas Sky team shorts from m and m direct, arrived today.

They are so rotten I'm only going to be able to wear them in the dark and under bibtights.

Haha yeah they look a bit like shorts designed to match a transvestite hookers leather boots, what's up with all the plastic-y ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

el tel wrote: »

Are they the bibshorts? Look pretty standard in the pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Johnners1878

stetyrrell wrote: »
    they look a bit like shorts designed to match a transvestite hookers leather boots, ?

Ooooh, I'm really looking forward to getting mine now ducky....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I see Rapha have some decent offers at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

ckeego wrote: »
    Black and also Blue and White available.
    I rang them after that and got offered the black one.

Aw man! I asked about getting the black but was advised that they'd only price match on the Blue/White. If anyone is about to order and doesn't have a preference (or prefers the blue/white) and is down my way (Cork) would you mind getting the black and doing a swapsies :confused:;)

I think the thread title is a bit farcical really. The tonal emphasis should be on the cosnonant 'n'. don don doonnnnn. :D
    I think the thread title is a bit farcical really. The tonal emphasis should be on the cosnonant 'n'. don don doonnnnn. :D
    Im assuming he's just from Norn Iron.

not DON like Tony Soprano

leftism wrote: »

not DON like Tony Soprano
    Are your DUNS being put through some sort of delay pedal there or was there just a lot of natural reverb in the room when they were being recorded?

I will agree though that the OP's original DOOOONNN just doesn't sound right to my ears...

I hadn't put a whole load of thought into it but you're stuck with it now b1tches:D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

no price promise for me :(

god loves a trier

they just would not match the price promise. They kept saying best buy is not an authorized dealer of garmin despite there being no offical list of UK dealers available. So that argument is fairly invalid.

The fact a few people were already matched didnt swing it for me and they used an excuse that Best Buy is a catalog store and they do not match catalog stores etc etc.

So i told them to evaluate their terms and conditions and state that catalog stores are not supported.

i think you lot that got the deal are very lucky :)

I just have to wait for my buddy to pick one up in best buy and send it over :)

Ring them up and whilst talking to the sales assistant email him this link from Garmin's own website. They can't throw the 'Authorised Dealer' crap at you then. After this works chance your arm at getting a discount code for the Black one and do a swapsie with me ;)

It might also be worth your while to visit fatcheese to see if this is still going
    You can 3% cashback on fatcheese too, for anyone that hasn't ordered.
    It'd cover the cost of postage for send that lovely Black Garmin to me ;)

Btw, I dropped a couple of very subtle hints in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

no price promise for me either on the Garmin from Evans,

Unfortunately we have been unable to match the price of £99.97 on the Garmin Edge 500 GPS Enabled Computer at http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000114326/Garmin-Edge-500.aspx?ref=google&loc=BicycleParts%26Accessories&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=1000114326.

The reason(s) for this are:

Unfortunately the competitor does not have the GPS available for purchase, they are showing that is not available for home delivery and they do not seem to have stock of this in their stores. Please note for us to price match, products must be in stock with us and the competitor.

I have mailed Bestbuy to confirm that they have stock and will be calling Evans.

Seems there are different reasons for rejection.

It's showing as available now. Ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Another successful price match on the Garmin Edge 500 thanks! I said I found it on a Garmin authorised dealer's webpage, then said Best Buy so there was no issues over that. Then the only thing was with regard to the delivery/collection, I said it was available for immediate collection. Then he said, but not available for delivery or collection, to which I said that it says in the terms of their price match policy that it only has to be delivery or collection and my price match was accepted. £99.97 and I managed to get the black one of them too, happy days thanks in advance guys. Now on the lookout for heart rate and cadence upgrades!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

If they're making up excuses as they go along you can always mutter about complaining to the ASA :D

http://www.asa.org.uk/Regulation-Explained/Online-remit.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Lemag wrote: »
    It's showing as available now. Ring them.

+1, only way is to ring them. I had 2 price match requests rejected online, 2 follow up emails which weren't responded to. On the phone seems to work, and I could hear another Evans phone operator in the background saying, the total of your order will be £99.97 so I wasn't the only one getting a price match!!

• Advertisement

With some many apparently using the price match with Evans it could be a while yet before Best Buy run out of stock. For their own sake, Evans probably ought to withdraw them from stock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement