Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,974 ✭✭✭Barr

kaerobe wrote: »
    De'Longhi Autentica Plus, Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, Cappuccino and Espresso Maker, ETAM29.620. £329.99 @ Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NSWPB42?th=1

Did anyone buy this – it looks far more fancy than the op model .

FFS my De'Longhi has started to give trouble again after I have fitted the new brew unit .

I thought it was fixed but the same issue is back again :(

Anything obvious I should replace next ....... not sure if its worth sending someplace to repair at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

Barr wrote: »
    FFS my De'Longhi has started to give trouble again after I have fitted the new brew unit .

Anything obvious I should replace next ....... not sure if its worth sending someplace to repair at this stage .

Hi,

I just finished a Jura impressa x7 for a friend and other one on the way....when I finish it and you have not fixed it, I could take a look at it, if you want....it must be a fix for it.

emy wrote: »
    Hi,

I just finished a Jura impressa x7 for a friend and other one on the way....when I finish it and you have not fixed it, I could take a look at it, if you want....it must be a fix for it.

That would be great , where are you based

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I have the original machine 2 years. Is there anything that I should be thinking of replacing on it. It was making about 5 cups a week for the first 18 months . Now it makes 20 a week with WFH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Hi,

Hi Emy,

Are you in the business of servicing/fixing coffee machines? If you are, I'd also like to contact you. See my post earlier with the video and the noises my machine is currently making.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

Hi Emy,

Are you in the business of servicing/fixing coffee machines? If you are, I'd also like to contact you. See my post earlier with the video and the noises my machine is currently making.

Sent a pm for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I posted the service manual a few pages back. Worth a read:

https://elektrotanya.com/cgi-bin/download2.cgi?dk=k516ne1k7zxc3rgb4p3kf5tbbuq9f7uwhp1nho2ragg4jsdh&fid=344012&file=delonghi_esam_3200_s.pdf

Sent a pm for more details.

I have sent you pm , I think this thread needs out of warranty support :pac:

I got my machine serviced by emy (post #1444) and its working great again.

I dropped it off to him around midday and it was ready the next day.

He explained what he did and showed me a few pics of the parts that required attention. He has a background in the coffee industry here so was able to answer a few other general queries I had.

If you're thinking of getting your machine serviced, I'd definitely recommend him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I got my machine serviced by emy (post #1444) and its working great again.

I dropped it off to him around midday and it was ready the next day.

He explained what he did and showed me a few pics of the parts that required attention. He has a background in the coffee industry here so was able to answer a few other general queries I had.

If you're thinking of getting your machine serviced, I'd definitely recommend him.

What parts specifically did he mention?

bromley52 wrote: »
    What parts specifically did he mention?

On mine it was the rail that the brew unit moves up and down on, and there were springs that needed adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What does a service cost if I may ask?

What does a service cost if I may ask?

€120 for me. First time getting it serviced so i was happy enough with that. I know a lot of us got the machine on the original deal and it may sound a lot compared to what we paid for it, but its almost like new again for me.

The only thing that got replaced was the o-rings.
    If you take a look at my older post with the video link, my machine was making some 'not good' noises before the service, that's gone totally and the start-up process is much smoother.

Just an FYI, I did replace my brew unit a few years back as i managed to break it while cleaning it so its not the original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hope someone can give a steer because I'm stumped.

Machine stalled and infuser warning light sequence started flashing.
    Reset the machine and now I have a constant on of the alert light.
    Usually means the door is open or the machine is dirty.
    Took out infuser and cleaned machine and infuser then replaced it and closed door.
    Light remains on.

Any ideas what I can try next?

banie01 wrote: »

Took out infuser and cleaned machine and infuser then replaced it and closed door.
    Light remains on.

Get a torch and look for stray beans. I had one jammed into one of the crevices and the drip tray didn’t quite sit properly. Took ages to figure it out.

Otherwise, the manual I posted a couple of pages back has lots of troubleshooting of error codes.

Light remains on.

Is the light flashing or just red?

I had a red light coming on, a clean out of the bottom of the inside of the machine enabled the tray to slot in better and the red light went away. This happened quite regularly.

It's solid red.
    Machine has been cleaned out but still occuring.
    Will get out my torx set later and take off the foot plate.

I've checked the tabs and sockets microswitches seem clear and free moving (the 2 that I can find at least.
    Will take it apart and give a thorough clean out later today.

Which light is it exactly? The bucket one or the exclamation mark one? (2nd and 3rd from left respectively)

stimpson wrote: »
    Which light is it exactly? The bucket one or the exclamation mark one? (2nd and 3rd from left respectively)

3rd from the left, exclamation mark one.

• Advertisement

3rd from the left, exclamation mark one.

Weird. The service manual only has that as flashing. See attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭wait4me

Check that you are set for beans and not ground coffee. Constant argument in this house over this! Check the dial

stimpson wrote: »
    Weird. The service manual only has that as flashing. See attached.

Disassembled the base and got jiggy with a hoover and the reassembled and it's working fine again.
    I can only assume that a piece of debris somewhere in the machine was affecting the microswitches.
    Absolutely nothing I could find though.

Still it works again :)

wait4me wrote: »
    Check that you are set for beans and not ground coffee. Constant argument in this house over this! Check the dial

Which dial toggles between the two , I have the original machine and don't think it has this.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Which dial toggles between the two , I have the original machine and don't think it has this.

on the right hand side is the dial for how much coffee you wish to use per cup. If you turn this all the way to the left it will take the coffee from the powder port which you fill at the top of the machine.

rogieop wrote: »
    on the right hand side is the dial for how much coffee you wish to use per cup. If you turn this all the way to the left it will take the coffee from the powder port which you fill at the top of the machine.

Ahh ...ok , learn something new every day :) I never used the pre ground in mine, always beans .

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Ahh ...ok , learn something new every day :) I never used the pre ground in mine, always beans .

im the same but the missus uses it for decaf coffee, its a nice option to have. Although it does cause war at times in the house! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭wait4me

rogieop wrote: »
    im the same but the missus uses it for decaf coffee, its a nice option to have. Although it does cause war at times in the house! :D

And as I said above, if its set for ground coffee, the lights give the impression its broken as it will not function on grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hoping some here can assist me.
    Is the machine in the OP better than an autentica or magnifica?
    I'm looking at options online at the moment and not sure on what option is currently best for bean to cup. Too much choice :)

Any input?

• Advertisement

I’ll probably get shot for this, but I upgraded from my DeLonghi to this:

https://www.gaggiadirect.com/bean-to-cup-shop.html#!/Gaggia-Naviglio-Bean-to-Cup-Coffee-Machine/p/73672640/category=17767053

£20 shipping to Ireland but found this code still works for £20 off - CB2019FEB

It is better than the DeLonghi in every way, apart from not having a clear water reservoir.

FWIW, all the low end DeLonghis have the same brew group so the coffee will be the same. The difference is styling, led displays and auto milk frothing.

Advertisement