Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection in Waterford City

• 24-09-2007 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi chaps,

Just wondering if anybody can provide me with any info regarding the above? I'm due to be moving into a rented house soon, and coming from an apartment which provided waste collection for free, I've no idea about how the bin collection system works in Waterford.

I heard there was a €140 annual charge, plus €7.50 a week? Surely that can't be right?

I found this link, but the info is sketchy.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Bards

benifa wrote:
    Hi chaps,

Just wondering if anybody can provide me with any info regarding the above? I'm due to be moving into a rented house soon, and coming from an apartment which provided waste collection for free, I've no idea about how the bin collection system works in Waterford.

I heard there was a €140 annual charge, plus €7.50 a week? Surely that can't be right?

I found this link, but the info is sketchy.. :confused:

€140 per year
    €7.50 for Black Bin collection
    €2.50 for Green & Brown bin collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

Wheelie bin.......city centre, don't get me started:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The annual charge is a bit steep, it started at 80 I think, but if you are single occupier than you'll proberly only need to empty the green and black bins once in 6-9 weeks, the brown is entirely down to if you have lawns to cut!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Thanks for all the valuable info guys, very much appreciated indeed.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conaire

if You Are Renting,then The Yearly 140.00 Charge Is Payable
    By Your Land Lord as The Registered Owner Of The Property

• Advertisement

conaire wrote:
    if You Are Renting,then The Yearly 140.00 Charge Is Payable
    By Your Land Lord as The Registered Owner Of The Property

Wow - thank you conaire. But do you have any official reference for that at all?

legally The Yearly Charge Is Down To The Owner With The Weekly
    Charge Payable By The Tenant.

i Will Check Relevant Authority For Confirmation Asap.

ok ,according To Waterford City Council The Owner/s Of Private
    Rented Apartments/flats, As In A Block Of ,are Responsible For
    Yearly Charges.

however I Still Believe This Is So Also For Single Dwellings.
    If You Are Renting Through A Rental Agency Ask Their Understanding Of This.

If You Can Ring Any Citizens Advice Office For Their Advice

Do not use capitals to emphasise everything as emphasis is lost!

Mike.

I shall go and stand in the corner for a while.
    Many thanks !!!!!

• Advertisement

I'm the idiot - I wrote capitals when I meant bold type! :o

Mike.

not to worry,
    i dont think the cane is allowed any more( or the strap or fist )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

yep, if you're renting a house, the landlord should be paying the annual charge with you paying for tags for the bin as and when you need to put it out for collection.
    If it's rented through an agency, the agency should arrange the annual payment for you with the landlord form their end, you just might have to remind them to do so. We live in a rented house and the agent for the house sorts out sending out the annual charge stickers to us for the bins. another point, if you're renting on an estate that has an annual upkeep fee payable to the estate comittee for keeping greens maintained etc (some estates on the Dunmore road do this anyway), the landlord again should normally be paying this charge.

echosound wrote:
    yep, if you're renting a house, the landlord should be paying the annual charge with you paying for tags for the bin as and when you need to put it out for collection.
    If it's rented through an agency, the agency should arrange the annual payment for you with the landlord form their end, you just might have to remind them to do so. We live in a rented house and the agent for the house sorts out sending out the annual charge stickers to us for the bins. another point, if you're renting on an estate that has an annual upkeep fee payable to the estate comittee for keeping greens maintained etc (some estates on the Dunmore road do this anyway), the landlord again should normally be paying this charge.

echosound, thanks for this. But the landlord paying the €140 annual charge, is this a legal obligation of the landlord, or simply "the norm"? If the latter, I have little grounds to ask him to pay, and if he doesn't want to, I certainly can't force him.

If, on the other hand, it is indeed the landlord's legal obligation to pay the €140 annual charge, does anyone have a link to this legislation? I certainly can't find anything as yet.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I can't seem to find a link personally (too late in the night for head to work properly!) but if you post this question on askaboutmoney.com you should get a very speedy response pointing you to relevant links, as there's a lot of investors/landlords posting there who would know this type of info off the top of their head.
    TBH, I can't see why if it's not a legal obligation why any agency or landlord would bother to incur this expense on themselves though, so you should be fine:)

Advertisement