Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

kthnxbai wrote: »
    Yeah, see, I was hoping that they'd just stick enough sugar in them so that they'd taste ok...

It's like with jellies... The haribo ones aren't bad.. but if they'd just put the fizzy sugar on the outside they'd be amazing...

I've found a recipe online for veggie marshmallows... I guess I could try that...

Thanks though!

wouldnt mind having a look at that recipe!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gimme gimmme gimeeee

there are some online but they are not the same at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

Well, the one I found is here:
    http://veganquest.blogspot.com/2010/11/vegan-marshmallow-project.html

That just kind of explains where to get some of the ingredients and junk, as the original recipe, which is here: http://veganmarshmallows.blogspot.com/2009/04/vegan-marshmallow-recipe.html is American and uses some things that would be hard to get here...

I haven't tried it myself yet. I'm hoping to try it once I finish up college for Christmas if I can get my hands on all the ingredients...

well don't forget to let us know how you get on!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

everybody ready for xmas?

378552_274097199304144_199098633470668_719078_605542645_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Now that is impressive!

I cringed when I saw this tree ....

379445_10150599820738032_507713031_11845696_1044748564_n.jpg

And Im fubbered for christmas. No presents. No festive menu. No friends going home this year either. :(

ohai!
    morning :o 3pm woops
    I should have held onto my lil black christmas tree from last year :P

I missed post and it's not even being held in my local depo, I dun understand >.<

It's mine isnt it :eek:

--LOS-- wrote: »
    ohai!
    morning :o 3pm woops
    I should have held onto my lil black christmas tree from last year :P

I missed post and it's not even being held in my local depo, I dun understand >.<

Sounds like you have a package interceptor in your midst.

Wonder who that could be. :P

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a package interceptor in your midst.

Wonder who that could be. :P

the local depo is just up the road and they sent it to d5? very strange. I can't believe it's going to be nearly dark again, I was up at 7 and it was dark, back to sleep and I'm up again and it's dark :( I had good intentions for today too, damn housemates waking me up.
    what is moonbaby up to these days?

• Advertisement

Does D5 even exist! :P I mean one minute your in D1 the next thing it is D7. Maybe D5 is a magic portal inbetween the two.
    I slept awful too. I look like a panda punched me in the face. My eyes ache from trying to shut themselves.
    How are the housemates waking you? I hope it is unintentional.

Im not up to much, just hanging around waiting for my sister to get off.
    So we can head home for the weekend.

Does D5 even exist! :P I mean one minute your in D1 the next thing it is D7. Maybe D5 is a magic portal inbetween the two.
    I slept awful too. I look like a panda punched me in the face. My eyes ache from trying to shut themselves.
    How are the housemates waking you? I hope it is unintentional.

Im not up to much, just hanging around waiting for my sister to get off.
    So we can head home for the weekend.

That always confuses me, someone was well hammered naming those post codes.
    Awesome shower was now had, I feel better. Ah they are just incredibly annoying, coming in from being out and then arguing and talking for ages, turning on the bathroom light and forgetting to turn it off so that means the fan is on for ages and it's so loud.
    Bitta x factor final eh? :D

Bitta x factor final eh? :D

I know I'm a musical embarrassment! but even I,m not that bad! :p

Any funsies planned yourself?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I love it! More people turning to the light, shun that poor excuse of a car crash tv show:p

Since most veggies I know are big maths fans, google this:

(sqrt(cos(x))*cos(400*x)+sqrt(abs(x))-(4-x*x)^0.1

:pac:

I love it! More people turning to the light, shun that poor excuse of a car crash tv show:p

Since most veggies I know are big maths fans, google this:

(sqrt(cos(x))*cos(400*x)+sqrt(abs(x))-(4-x*x)^0.1

:pac:

xfactor is just some good light-hearted tv, I watched it in between watching fringe :P

that reminded me of this MoN,

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/SweetHeart/

That site is awesome as are all the wolfram sites, also so handy for checking integrals/differentials etc for college.

xfactor is just some good light-hearted tv, I watched it in between watching fringe :P

that reminded me of this MoN,

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/SweetHeart/

That site is awesome as are all the wolfram sites, also so handy for checking integrals/differentials etc for college.
    That's a nice site alright, gonna check it out further soon :) Not to worry your pretty little head about watching it anymore, since it finished didnt it? (my housemates said so:pac:)

Here's sonething else for you to watch, in between Fringe :D

He astounds me, how he thinks is just brilliant:D

It is car crash tv, if you let it suck you in you cant escape. :P

Im having pre christmas dinndinns panics! Have no idea what I want to eat. :(

It is car crash tv, if you let it suck you in you cant escape. :P

Im having pre christmas dinndinns panics! Have no idea what I want to eat. :(

ah its one of those things you watch just so you have something to give out about :pac:

I want to eat everything!

ALL THE THINGS

hi

I always want to everything. :o

• Advertisement

I have veggie jellies to eat, so happy:D:D:D

3 weeks holidays from college...I'll be bored by day 3 :pac:

screw the plain coloured lights, this is christmas :cool:

euGCJ.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We did a Secret Santa in the office, and we exchanged the gifts at our Christmas party last week. I got a scarf and a mug. I was telling one of my friends – “The mug is an Orla Kiely, bone china, I don’t know how they could have stuck to the fiver limit…”

And then she told me that bone china is made with animal bones :( It seems fairly obvious from the name, but I thought it was just called that because it was strong or something. FFS! I’ve been drinking out of it all week! :mad:

Aww that's unlucky to get! Maybe it's a cheap fake one? :p

in other news skyrim zoidberg...

Fishie wrote: »
    We did a Secret Santa in the office, and we exchanged the gifts at our Christmas party last week. I got a scarf and a mug. I was telling one of my friends – “The mug is an Orla Kiely, bone china, I don’t know how they could have stuck to the fiver limit…”

And then she told me that bone china is made with animal bones :( It seems fairly obvious from the name, but I thought it was just called that because it was strong or something. FFS! I’ve been drinking out of it all week! :mad:

hmm I wouldn't have actually thought that either. I would have had bone jewellery in the past and it's hard to know now if that's an issue for me. It's hard to know if it's actual bone or just bone coloured or w/e. And then you don't know whether the bone is from animals slaughtered for meat or just dead animals.

Cant watch that right now Tar, I'm sure it's just riveting though :D

riveting as are all my videos :p

new alien film out this year,a prequel YES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Merry Christmas Vegbuddies!

happy xmas everything!

finally figured out what this was on phone...copy n paste! yusssss :D

• Advertisement

Absurdum wrote: »
    Merry Christmas Vegbuddies!

a very merry veggie christmas to everyone!
    happy xmas everything!

finally figured out what this was on phone...copy n paste! yusssss :D

may have watched his videos a lot :D

wonder how long you'll last at home without your laptop, the quality of your family timed has just gone up!

Advertisement