Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

• 22-11-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Time for a new thread since the Joshua Tree Tour thread was going way off topic.

The 2018 North American leg of the band's Experience + Innocence Tour kicks off on 2 May at Tulsa, Oklahoma's BOK Center and makes stops at 15 North American arenas before concluding on 29 June at Newark, New Jersey's Prudential Center. European dates have yet to be announced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

reckon it could follow the I&E model and Euro dates will be Autumn/Winter 2018 with dates in the SSE Arena Belfast and 3Arena likely. They will prob bring the tour to Asia/Down under and South America too.

Possibly Irish and Euro dates could be July/Aug/ Sep, we just have to wait and see

Ill wait and see what the setlists are like and consider going to an Irish show but I think ive seen my fill of U2 (I&E and JT shows) and then we have the high ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I cracked and listened to American Soul. That's 4/4 for me now that I really like.

Has anyone else heard anything about the vinyl being delayed by a week due to pressing issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ Tomas White Suspect

I cracked and listened to American Soul. That's 4/4 for me now that I really like.

Has anyone else heard anything about the vinyl being delayed by a week due to pressing issues?

Not sold on American Soul, then again, only listened once.

Little Things and The Blackout for me are still top of the pile.

Think a lot of criticisms thrown at the band, by old fans, is because of the singles released because, no one can tell me that The Little Things, Blackout, Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, The Troubles, Raised By Wolves are all "U2 by numbers" or "Them trying to be Coldplay" or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Not sold on American Soul, then again, only listened once.

I don't like it ,its almost as bad as Get on Your Boots.
    Seems to rehash a number of other songs too which is never a good sign.

The boys need to pick better songs as the singles ,from what what I've read the best songs on the album havent been released yet.

I don't like it ,its almost as bad as Get on Your Boots.
    Seems to rehash a number of other songs too which is never a good sign.

The boys need to pick better songs as the singles ,from what what I've read the best songs on the album havent been released yet.

My least favourite so far. I had seen a few here say it was their favourite of the lot though. No where near as good as Blackout for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Money grabbing tax dodgers living on past glories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭tritriagain

MadYaker wrote: »

What a fresh and new opinion. You must feel so proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

something something Bono taxes blah

Loads of press coming up in the next week. Only 7 days til we get the album in full!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

June 15th next year looking like a likely date from my sources

s8n wrote: »
    June 15th next year looking like a likely date from my sources

Would be impossible considering they're doing G the US during that time and they're in Washington that weekend

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »

OK..

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Couldn't resist the temptation and gave in and listened to the album leak today.The strongest songs on it imo are the ones that haven't being released to radio yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

I gave in as well. Someone live streamed a vinyl recording on FB & someone taped it with their phone so we're not talking FLAC quality.

What I heard was an album of monster tracks, the ones that have been released are all in the lower tier.
    Whoever said it was their finest work this centrury wasn't over egging it.

It's taken them 25 years since Achtung Baby but I believe they've nailed it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

I got The Blackout 12" yesterday. I'm not usually that pushed about remixes but do actually like the Jacknife Lee remix of The Blackout

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Getting Excited now ðŸ˜

I’m hoping Glasgow is on this tour, the venue last time was amazing on I&E tour

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Graham1978 wrote: »

The 2nd show in Glasgow on the I&E tour was my favourite show of that tour.

kennyu272 wrote: »

Likewise. Something special.

That’s the one myself was at, really special night. The band were in top form , seemed really intimate . Definitely go back again, and the flights are so cheap ðŸ‘ðŸ»

The I+E tour was brilliant IMO.
    Then again, dodgy sound aside, I've never been at a U2 gig that wasn't good.

Hate admitting it but, only band that has made me cry at a gig. Little Things is so powerful to me

• Advertisement

The I+E tour was brilliant IMO.
    Then again, dodgy sound aside, I've never been at a U2 gig that wasn't good.

Hate admitting it but, only band that has made me cry at a gig. Little Things is so powerful to me
    Have cried after being genuinely moved at many a u2 gig. 6ft 4 and 18 stone. It was only a bit of dirt in my eye.

Yep been there on a few occasions, crazy how music can make you feel. Have to say the last night of the I & E in the 3 arena got me, felt it had gone full circle for me, from listening to the radio on NYE 89/90 and playing that gig over and over to actually seeing them in the point was something I won’t forget. I was at a couple of those 2015 gigs in the point and like Glasgow, something went off on the Sat ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

I’m not going to listen until it’s out officially but the reviews all seem to be that it’s a really strong album. I hope this is the case.

And if, as someone said above, the best songs are the ones that haven’t been released yet, it must be one hell of an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

The best part of the last tour was the introduction of October into the set.

They could do worse than going with a heavy 90s set on the next tour. Possibky part of the experience theme?

The best part of the last tour was the introduction of October into the set.

They could do worse than going with a heavy 90s set on the next tour. Possibky part of the experience theme?

This was something I've thought/hoped. Would love to have a Baby-Zooropa-Pop heavy set if I'm being honest!

Only a few days now for the new tunes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Yes. Spectacular.

Best of the 4 I saw also.

That Sat night in Glasgow was a humdinger.

Thinking back on that night I cant remember many mobile phones held in the air. Everyone seemed to be in the moment. Wonder has that anything to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This was something I've thought/hoped. Would love to have a Baby-Zooropa-Pop heavy set if I'm being honest!

Only a few days now for the new tunes...

Would love to hear them dust off the likes of Dirty Day, which I believe hasn't been played since the ZooTV tour. Can't imagine it, but we can always dream!

Advertisement