Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

I really don't think they do this, but why don't you contact them to double check. No one here can answer 100% but it hasn't happened yet.

if they wont even put shower doors on for a price they wont be putting down floors, its not their job.

We had a little bit of time to move over a week so was easier for us, I know not all people have that time if selling their own property.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

Hi again

Has anyone any idea how long Amoss solicitors take to get back with answers to queries on a contract?
    At this rate, we are well over the 21 days for signing, but presumably that's fine since our queries were sent within the 21 days of receipt of the contract by our solicitor.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

Hi there, as part of the snagging process we had someone work in the trade complete. Although, considering having a structural engineer have a look also?

Has anyone else done this prior to finalising the purchase. I know new builds are so heavily regulated now, but still a little nervous of course considering the financial outlay. Cheers for your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Hi,
    We went with a structural engineer for our snag. He took over 3 hours and provided a very thorough list which the builders worked through then. Would recommend if you want to pm.
    dcresham wrote: »
    Hi there, as part of the snagging process we had someone work in the trade complete. Although, considering having a structural engineer have a look also?

Has anyone else done this prior to finalising the purchase. I know new builds are so heavily regulated now, but still a little nervous of course considering the financial outlay. Cheers for your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Hi all. We just put a deposit down for Rahillion Park and we were told it would be ready Feb 19 (very excited). Does anyone know if it is possible to do attic conversions on the 4 beds?

• Advertisement

How do people find traffic going from Donabate into the city via the M1

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

KB1980 wrote: »
    Hi all. We just put a deposit down for Rahillion Park and we were told it would be ready Feb 19 (very excited). Does anyone know if it is possible to do attic conversions on the 4 beds?

Assuming it's a type C like ours then I'd say that's highly unlikely. They're steel framed houses and there are beams crossing the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Hi all, can anyone that has moved in pm me with recommendations of services and companies etc that you have used? Blinds, alarm, everything. Trying to be organised. Many thanks, L.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi again

Has anyone any idea how long Amoss solicitors take to get back with answers to queries on a contract?
    At this rate, we are well over the 21 days for signing, but presumably that's fine since our queries were sent within the 21 days of receipt of the contract by our solicitor.

Thanks

We met with our solicitors 3 weeks ago - everything has come back signed & sorted now

Have you heard anything since?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

mchurc01 wrote: »
    We met with our solicitors 3 weeks ago - everything has come back signed & sorted now

Apologies in advance for the onslaught of questions :)

When did you put down your deposit?
    What part of the development are you in?
    Do you have an estimated move in date now that you've signed?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Apologies in advance for the onslaught of questions :)

When did you put down your deposit?
    What part of the development are you in?
    Do you have an estimated move in date now that you've signed?

Thanks!

You're grand
    We put down our initial deposit back in January (long process)
    Not quite sure what phase we are in - think it's Phase 3 - the North part of the Drive
    No still no move in date yet - just told February/March at the signing so still could be anything really, we've been told that legally the developers have 18 months from date of SIGNING to complete the build so you'll find it hard to get any real commitment on dates from anyone until the final few weeks it seems
    But have been up at the site & finally work is being down on our section so I'm hopeful for the end of March

You're grand
    We put down our initial deposit back in January (long process)
    Not quite sure what phase we are in - think it's Phase 3 - the North part of the Drive
    No still no move in date yet - just told February/March at the signing so still could be anything really, we've been told that legally the developers have 18 months from date of SIGNING to complete the build so you'll find it hard to get any real commitment on dates from anyone until the final few weeks it seems
    But have been up at the site & finally work is being down on our section so I'm hopeful for the end of March

Really helpful, thank you. We're the next phase from you and I've been up to the site to keep an eye on progress. Nothing for our house. Looks like the EA's estimate of June is miles off. Suits us tbh.

With those timelines, do you still have to give a large deposit at signing? I've read different %s and everyone has different opinions.

We've to sell our house but with such long timelines it's hard to judge when to press the button. A year from now seems likely.

Thanks again

Hi

We also met with our solicitor recently to sign contracts on Phase 3 (Northern part of Drive), have transferred the 10% to him and are just awaiting confirmation from him and/or Ballisk/Amoss that everything is in order.

We were told March worst case scenario so fingers crossed it's not a long wet winter with endless delays!

Exciting all the same!

Fingers crossed indeed. Looking forward to hearing your progress :)

Hi All

Just a quick one. Does anyone know if there's a plan to remove the tarmacadam linking the road to the driveways? I know there is a fairly tall and sharp edge to the footpath at each driveway, but do they plan on coming back and putting in something a little more hard-wearing?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mayflower12344

Hi there

Just wondering are there any older families moving into Rahillion? We are considering buying a house there and are just curious. Thanks I advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Hi,
    Anybody any recommendations for shower doors and tilers please? Would really appreciate a pm.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bunt25

Hi there

Just wondering are there any older families moving into Rahillion? We are considering buying a house there and are just curious. Thanks I advance..

I’m not sure what you mean by older, but my kids are 8 and 9 and there are a few families with kids in that age bracket. There are also a couple of families with young teenagers. It’s so close to carr’s Mill and down there there are loads of older kids

That's great to hear. Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

Hi,
    Has anybody moved in so far brought their UPC box etc. from the previous place?
    Is it simply plug in and it’s good to go or will I need to arrange for UPC to call out to set up?
    Also what options are available for refuse collection? If you could PM me any info that would be great!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

Hi there
    Shower doors and mirrored units supplied and fitted by Michael 0872169769. Competitive rates. He also removed and refitted toilet and sink in downstairs bathroom when gettin floors put down.
    Best wishes
    Sinead

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Hi there

We have 12 and 15 year olds... I know of family with adult children moving in too.

Got a call from the EA this morning to say they are expecting contracts for the next phase in the next few weeks.

We are due to move into Rahilion Park in Jan 2019! I'd be grateful if someone could recommend a good snagger and any general advice regarding moving in/ things to think about. Thank you 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

Hi there.

Not to sure if anyone else has had this issue.

We're in the middle of closing but have had a delay.

Note from the solicitor is that

AMOSS are unwilling to provide a letter from the local authority to confirm that the development complies with Part V of the Planning and Development Act.

Did anyone else have this issue, as I'm sure this has been standard for all purchasers. Thanks for any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Margra123

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has put down a deposit for Rahillion Way. Have you been issued contracts yet and have you been given an estimated move in date?
    We were told contracts would be out first week of November but there is no sign of them yet.
    We were also told that they would be ready for May or June 2019. Did anyone else hear anything different?
    Thank you!

Margra123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has put down a deposit for Rahillion Way. Have you been issued contracts yet and have you been given an estimated move in date?
    We were told contracts would be out first week of November but there is no sign of them yet.
    We were also told that they would be ready for May or June 2019. Did anyone else hear anything different?
    Thank you!

EA called us last week to say contracts would be with us in the coming weeks. She said next summer also. We are Rahillion Way. The commencement notice is up for that phase, effective 21st November.

EA said they got ahead over the summer due to the good weather. I guess a bad winter could net that out.

Based on this thread I'd say June is optimistic. I'm planning for September 2019 tbh and even at that I'm not getting too hopeful.

We have 12 and 15 year olds... I know of family with adult children moving in too.

Thank you! Delighted to hear that. 😊

Anyone received contracts recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BWT

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Anyone received contracts recently?

We were contacted over a month ago and still haven’t received anything. Told by Gordon (site Forman) that they won’t start the house until the contract is signed.

Advertisement