Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tinder weight filter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

mea_k wrote: »
    I would like D... Size filter. I don't like small peanut likes. I like a big oul schlong.

You don't say much, but when you do say something, you say it clearly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Both Marilyn Monroe and Kelly Brook are not exactly slim but both are 2 of the most desirable women in the world(When Marilyn was alive of course) It's all about proportion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Steve F wrote: »
    Both Marilyn Monroe and Kelly Brook are not exactly slim but both are 2 of the most desirable women in the world(When Marilyn was alive of course) It's all about proportion
    Ehh Monroe was tiny, with a very narrow waist(22 inches IIRC?). This idea that Marilyn was a larger woman is a relatively new thing. At her heaviest in the flic Some like it hot, she was pregnant at the time and she was hardly large. Otherwise she was a very slim woman. And Kelly Brook at her peak?

Kelly-Brook.jpg

Clearly a heavy lass. Not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nope. For a start "everything" doesn't have symmetry. When talking about physical attractiveness facial and bodily symmetry features very high. Symmetry shows good nutrition and developmental health in childhood and adolescence. This stuff is wired into us at a very deep level. Another one consistent across time and culture is a particular hip/waist ratio in women, regardless of weight. The hour glass in basic terms. EG that pic of the woman above that you like. She's fat by many cultural standards, but (mostly)retains that ratio. It's been found that women with that shape have fewer reproductive problems. In men broader shoulders and narrower hips are favoured. Other attractiveness triggers are more feminine faces in women and more masculine faces in men. Various studies show we make these decisions of yay/nay very rapidly, within seconds of meeting someone. Hell, as Tinder shows we can make these decisions just as rapidly going by a photo alone and swipe right or left accordingly.

It's very much a cultural thing, the body shape in the pic I quoted is very much sought after by men around the world,
    that's why I don't pay too much attention to the hardwired physiology that we are all supposed to be attracted to...
    hourglass figure...tbf that describes just about every female on the planet...it just depends if there's a bit more, or less sand in the glass .. just my opinion though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Hoboo

And Kelly Brook at her peak?

She's a mess now, met her at a charity do during the summer, what a difference a pie diet makes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's very much a cultural thing, the body shape in the pic I quoted is very much sought after by men around the world,
    that's why I don't pay too much attention to the hardwired physiology that we are all supposed to be attracted to...
    Ehh, do you not see the first underlined part of your sentence goes some way to confirming the hardwired thing? :D

I'd disagree her size would be a widespread ideal. In some African cultures maybe. In the West thinner is much more "in" and in East Asian cultures she'd be seen as huge, even a fetish.

hourglass figure...tbf that describes just about every female on the planet...it just depends if there's a bit more, or less sand in the glass .. just my opinion though
    Yes and no. Women vary around the basic ratio or waist narrower than hips. Some are more "boyish" with less of a difference, others have bigger bellies that are larger than their hips. Varies with age too. The waist tends to thicken with age. I remember reading of research in changing sizes over the last century in the West and along with men and women in general being taller and heavier, the classic hourglass shape was in decline in women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Ehh, do you not see the first underlined part of your sentence goes some way to confirming the hardwired thing? :D

I'd disagree her size would be a widespread ideal. In some African cultures maybe. In the West thinner is much more "in" and in East Asian cultures she'd be seen as huge, even a fetish.

Yes and no. Women vary around the basic ratio or waist narrower than hips. Some are more "boyish" with less of a difference, others have bigger bellies that are larger than their hips. Varies with age too. The waist tends to thicken with age. I remember reading of research in changing sizes over the last century in the West and along with men and women in general being taller and heavier, the classic hourglass shape was in decline in women.

But would that not be natural selection at work? The hourglass shape is being selected for less by partners, so it's disappearing.
    Would this really be happening if the hourglass shape was as unmutable an attractive feature as you claim?

Shenshen wrote: »
    But would that not be natural selection at work? The hourglass shape is being selected for less by partners, so it's disappearing.
    Would this really be happening if the hourglass shape was as unmutable an attractive feature as you claim?
    It would be too short a timeframe for natural selection to be at work. It's down to changes in lifestyle and diet, with some suggesting more hormone mimicking chemicals in our environment. The drop in sperm quality another down to the above.

Basically people in the west are eating more processed food, more food that's not local to them, more protein and just more food in general. While usually living less active lifestyles. This increases height over a couple of generations(you can see this in Asian Americans) and increases waistlines. It's been mused that the environmental hormone thing is influencing more women's bodies to put on weight around the belly(which is where men tend to accumulate excess), rather than on hips and thighs.

Over a longer period of time selection might come into it, but it would take a very long time, as humans will generally shag anything. :D Doubly so for men, who tend to be much less discerning. For obvious biological reasons as they can't get pregnant.

As for the hourglass figure: Look to the Most beautiful women thread hereabouts. In between the oft cringe you'll see that damned near every single women pictured in that thread has an hourglass going on. If this thread was around in the 1950's or 1980's or 1680's they would too. Overall weight might vary, but the shape would remain. You see similar consistencies in male attractive body shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Ehh Monroe was tiny, with a very narrow waist(22 inches IIRC?). This idea that Marilyn was a larger woman is a relatively new thing. At her heaviest in the flic Some like it hot, she was pregnant at the time and she was hardly large. Otherwise she was a very slim woman. And Kelly Brook at her peak?

Kelly-Brook.jpg

Wibbs
    I posted so someone would put up a picture of KB
    Thanks soooo much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

On the other hand it's a pain in the boob to spend loads of time building an emotional connection with a guy, allowing the attraction to build and when you get to that crucial moment...sigh. it's not gonna work for you. Been there a few times :confused::(

This is one of these comments that women can get away with. I've no problem with women who have size preferences at all, but there's something quite cold about acting like you're some sort of victim who deserves sympathy, when in reality you have rejected people you fancy, people you clicked with, because their knob didn't measure up.

Again, that's your right, and there's nothing wrong with rejecting men for that reason, but there is something very wrong with putting your disappointment before his. It's an astounding lack of empathy. If it's a 'pain in the boob' for you then how devastating do you think it'd be for these lads if they knew - which they probably do - the reason why you didn't take it further?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

But is she definitely talking about the size of their manhood or just a lack of sexual chemistry?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Does obesity suddenly mean that somebody doesn't deserve love?

Not suddenly... that's always been the case :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Not suddenly... that's always been the case :D:D:D:D:D

Everyone deserves love (apart from evil humans).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Everyone deserves love (apart from evil humans).

The world owes you nothing. This idea that you somehow "deserve" love is just that an idea. :D:D:D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Hammer89 wrote: »
    This is one of these comments that women can get away with. I've no problem with women who have size preferences at all, but there's something quite cold about acting like you're some sort of victim who deserves sympathy, when in reality you have rejected people you fancy, people you clicked with, because their knob didn't measure up.

Again, that's your right, and there's nothing wrong with rejecting men for that reason, but there is something very wrong with putting your disappointment before his. It's an astounding lack of empathy. If it's a 'pain in the boob' for you then how devastating do you think it'd be for these lads if they knew - which they probably do - the reason why you didn't take it further?

I can't imagine its necessarily a size preference more a functional one. Is she meant to fake it continuously to make these lads feel better??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

So talking about something frankly on an anonymous message board is suddenly "putting my disappointment before his"? We all speak from our personal experience as humans as that is our immediate reference point!

No man I've ever been with has thought for a second that his penis size was an issue. It's never in and of itself been a deal-breaker anyway and newsflash, most women fake it anywhere from often to occasionally depending on the circumstances.

I don't know what faking orgasms has to do with anything. I'm well aware the majority of women can't get off via penetration alone.

You intimated that it was indeed a deal-breaker by the way. "You get to that crucial moment...sigh. it's not gonna work for you." Speaking frankly about a subject doesn't mean compassion has to fly out of the window. There's room for honesty and decency. Not that you were being indecent but there was certainly a lack of tact in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't know what faking orgasms has to do with anything. I'm well aware the majority of women can't get off via penetration alone.

You intimated that it was indeed a deal-breaker by the way. "You get to that crucial moment...sigh. it's not gonna work for you." Speaking frankly about a subject doesn't mean compassion has to fly out of the window. There's room for honesty and decency. Not that you were being indecent but there was certainly a lack of tact in my view.

Well if she said "we're finished because you have a tiny dick that will never satisfy me" that would be a lack of tact but there is no suggestion that anything like that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Tact towards who though? The specific people she's talking about are very unlikely to be reading this thread and even less likely to realise it's them she's talking about.

So every single sensitive thing mentioned about the opposite sex when it comes to attraction has to be couched in "but I understand it's difficult for men/women too" in order for it to be valid? What about overweight women turning most men off? Don't see any grand level of compassion exercised for them around here, nor on any AH thread on that subject for that matter.

And I never mentioned penis size as an absolute deal-breaker. You inferred that.

• Advertisement

Well if she said "we're finished because you have a tiny dick that will never satisfy me" that would be a lack of tact but there is no suggestion that anything like that happened.

She made out like she was the unlucky one from the encounter(s), which I thought was slightly lacking in perspective.

So every single sensitive thing mentioned about the opposite sex when it comes to attraction has to be couched in "but I understand it's difficult for men/women too" in order for it to be valid? What about overweight women turning most men off? Don't see any grand level of compassion exercised for them around here, nor on any AH thread on that subject for that matter.

If the OP wasn't so blatantly a piss take then you would see a lot more compassion toward overweight women here I think. If this was a serious thread, which it clearly isn't, then I guarantee it'd spiral into the typical overweight/obesity discussion eventually, in which there does tend to be a bit of decency and empathy amid the chaos and nastiness.

I don't think overweight women and small-penised men are in the same bracket of misfortune by the way. Overweight women can lose weight, whereas if you naturally have a small dick - like, without some of it being concealed by pubic fat or something - then the only viable option is acceptance. There's no Weight Watchers or Slimming World for these poor c*nts, meaning that if you emerge from a sexual encounter cursing your luck then there's something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She made out like she was the unlucky one from the encounter(s), which I thought was slightly lacking in perspective.

how is lacking in perspective the same as lacking in tact? Unless she told him very bluntly tact does not come into it. and i dont think she lacks in perspective either. Realising early on that a partner has a deficiency that is a dealbreaker shows quote the opposite. why waste time on a relationship that will not work out?

how is lacking in perspective the same as lacking in tact? Unless she told him very bluntly tact does not come into it. and i dont think she lacks in perspective either. Realising early on that a partner has a deficiency that is a dealbreaker shows quote the opposite. why waste time on a relationship that will not work out?

You can be lacking in perspective and sensitivity at the same time. And yes, tact does come into it. Of course it does. Just because she didn't say anything blunt to his face doesn't mean that someone can't be tactless anecdotally, even if the subject(s) of that anecdote will never find out about it.

So it'd have been a bit more digestible if I'd said/thought "ah the poor lad, this isn't going to work and there's nothing he can do about it, poor thing"?

Not sure many men would appreciate being patronised or 'sympathised with' in that scenario.
    If the OP wasn't so blatantly a piss take then you would see a lot more compassion toward overweight women here I think.

Strongly disagree. You've been around here long enough to know that the "poor fat wimmenz, men don't like em and it's not their fault" rhetoric is quite simply non-existent around here.
    I don't think overweight women and small-penised men are in the same bracket of misfortune by the way. Overweight women can lose weight, whereas if you naturally have a small dick - like, without some of it being concealed by pubic fat or something - then the only viable option is acceptance. There's no Weight Watchers or Slimming World for these poor c*nts, meaning that if you emerge from a sexual encounter cursing your luck then there's something wrong.

Losing weight may well be "simple" but it's not easy or common - hence the many, many obesity threads around here not to mention the spiralling statistics. And there aint that many women that will overcome their own pathology because men ignore or mock them sexually.

Many men that haven't been blessed with their appendage are great in bed because they've had to develop "other skills" shall we say. Not every woman wants or cares about size. But they are equally entitled to care, as sexual attraction is simply out of everyone's control, regardless of how unpalatable that is.

Not just overweight women - women in general.
    And I never mentioned penis size as an absolute deal-breaker. You inferred that.
    Yeah I didn't think your comment meant penis size either - just sexual incompatibility, lack of chemistry. Now maybe you do mean penis size but it's not obvious at all. I don't understand why Hammer didn't ask you to clarify first.

Yeah I didn't think your comment meant penis size either - just sexual incompatibility, lack of chemistry. Now maybe you do mean penis size but it's not obvious at all. I don't understand why Hammer didn't ask you to clarify first.

Her original post was in response to a post about a 'handsome Tinder guy with a four-inch penis'. Was I wrong to assume she was talking about penis size, which she is? :confused:
    Strongly disagree. You've been around here long enough to know that the "poor fat wimmenz, men don't like em and it's not their fault" rhetoric is quite simply non-existent around here.

It's not non-existent actually. Why do you think obesity threads go on for so long? It's not because every single participant is slagging off fat women; they go on so long because there's always strong conflict and that's because for every nasty view there's a nice and compassionate one.

they go on so long because there's always strong conflict and that's because for every nasty view there's a nice and compassionate one.

you've got to be kidding me :pac::pac::pac:

Her original post was in response to a post about a 'handsome Tinder guy with a four-inch penis'. Was I wrong to assume she was talking about penis size, which she is? :confused:.
    Apologies. I don't know how I missed that. Welcome to our world here i guess. At least you won't be met with posts about what an unattractive feminazi you are by people who don't know you and have never seen you (even if you're hot and have no time for today's feminism).

In my opinion there is nothing unpleasant about how g&tsky worded her post though - it doesn't indicate at all that she would be a horrible bitch to a guy about having a small penis. She's only talking about her disappointment because it's a post from her perspective. It doesn't indicate lack of empathy for the guy whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

THERE IS NO NO NO SIMILARITY BETWEEN A FAT GIRL AND A GUY WITH A SMALL DICK. NONE. NONE. NONE. The mental torment that comes with a small dick is much more than a girl who is fat.

Advertisement