Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung 58" Smart Ultra HD LED TV

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Ambilight does look class. Is it worth it? Are there any other brands that use it at around that price point? Keeping an eye on the shops and richer sounds but don't see it really listed for anything around that price?

Only listings for it on Argos & littlewoods. (Apparently it's well worth it? - I'm getting 1 myself fingers crossed!) But I don't have / ever had 1! But it seems it's only Philips that has ambilight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Phillip's TVs were garbage in the initial upgrade to HDTV back in the day, my friend had an ambilight one fail just inside guarantee and had to keep returning it forward and back to them in Belgium and eventually just gave up on it when he got it repaired a third time, I don't think it was manufactured by Phillip's though if that makes a difference...

Are Phillip's a decent TV these day's?

Any idea of input lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Do we think Argos will reduce the tv's further tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭droidman123

Coill1 wrote: »
    Or consider this 1? Think there's 15% off for first order bringing it well within your budget. Check out ambilight vids on YouTube!

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/philips-50pus6262-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-certifiednbsphdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freeview-play-and-ambilight/1600204294.prd?_requestid=90872&Ntt=philips%204k

Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

So when it comes to LG vs Samsung ? what are people thinking ?

LG's have a built in Sat receivers, don't think Samsung's have?

better viewing angle with LG's too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow

What code was that?!

What code was that?!

LMVNH
    This was last week,it was posted on another thread,i dont know if it still works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

LMVNH
    This was last week,it was posted on another thread,i dont know if it still works

still works ... getting a quote of €552.49

still works ... getting a quote of €552.49

Definitley 484 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Definitley 484 last week

still a nice price all the same...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ditto on the price, where are you seeing a delivery date? Mine says ‘passed to 3rd party on 24th at 10am’

Ditto on the price, where are you seeing a delivery date? Mine says ‘passed to 3rd party on 24th at 10am’

Yeah mine says the same "passed to 3rd party on 21st,no tracking updates since the 21st,it says in the invoice that delivery is due on the 27th nov (today) so i,m hoping the tracking info updates soon

Yeah mine says the same "passed to 3rd party on 21st,no tracking updates since the 21st,it says in the invoice that delivery is due on the 27th nov (today) so i,m hoping the tracking info updates soon

Ok you must’ve bought 3 days before me. My arrivals date is still next Tuesday but was hoping its earlier.
    Did it arrive or did you hear anything? i see a bit of a disconnect in their tracking when they pass to another carrier.

Ok you must’ve bought 3 days before me. My arrivals date is still next Tuesday but was hoping its earlier.
    Did it arrive or did you hear anything? i see a bit of a disconnect in their tracking when they pass to another carrier.

My tracking hasnt changed still saying passed on to third party courier on the 21 st, i got onto littlewoods chat last night and she said she would pass my query onto the relevent department.this morning i got an email from them telling me my order is with the 3rd party courier and i can expect to hear from them about delivery within the next 22 days!!! Ridiculous! I have a feeling they are waiting for the truck to fill with the tv orders before they set out to bulk deliver.i am livid!!

My tracking hasnt changed still saying passed on to third party courier on the 21 st, i got onto littlewoods chat last night and she said she would pass my query onto the relevent department.this morning i got an email from them telling me my order is with the 3rd party courier and i can expect to hear from them about delivery within the next 22 days!!! Ridiculous! I have a feeling they are waiting for the truck to fill with the tv orders before they set out to bulk deliver.i am livid!!

Wow. 22 days, they didnt mention ‘lucky to get before xmas’ on their ads.
    Just checking their twitter feed and all replies begin with ‘I’m sorry...’

Gonna be a while on this one i guess.

Wow. 22 days, they didnt mention ‘lucky to get before xmas’ on their ads.
    Just checking their twitter feed and all replies begin with ‘I’m sorry...’

Gonna be a while on this one i guess.

Its ridiculous because in my order it said it would be delivered on or before the 27th november,the tv is actually in ireland with the courier (fastway i think) so its crazy to have to wait up to 22 days for delivery.i might ring fastway and see whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Its ridiculous because in my order it said it would be delivered on or before the 27th november,the tv is actually in ireland with the courier (fastway i think) so its crazy to have to wait up to 22 days for delivery.i might ring fastway and see whats going on

Let us know what Fastway say. Didn't realise Littlewoods Ireland had such awful reviews before putting in an order. :(

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Let us know what Fastway say. Didn't realise Littlewoods Ireland had such awful reviews before putting in an order. :(

Tried to ring fastway,press this number...press that number....finally got a phone that was actually ringing....it just kept ringing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dziabong

Hi lads , im on the same boat , tv ordered on 15.11 delivery date by 27.11 passed to 3rd party carrier on 18.11.
    Delivery date passed , rang customer care , they said item is in ireland in customs ??? wtf tv from UK in customs ? and she said maybe i will get it by 9.12.
    Second attempt on customer care , chat this time , lad is sayinng tv never left the supplier warehouse and they are waiting for stock maybe on 06.12 , IS this some kind of a joke ?

The plot thickens....just off the phone with littlewoods and they said the tv is out of stock and wont be back in stock until the 12th december.i told her i seen that on the website but when i ordered the tv it was in stock and why are they lying about it being with a 3rd party courier if its actually out of stock? That would mean all the tracking info i got so far is complete balony.she appologised blah blah,told her i,m done with littlewoods in future if thats the way they conduct their business. So its gonna be at least 3 week wait for anyone who ordered it

• Advertisement

I just got onto their chat and after going back and forth asked them to cancel the order. They were telling me that it with the third party, but they had zero tracking information with their third party and so on, but it would take 28 days!

I simply didn't believe him (it's clearly out of stock like others have posted) so asked to cancel the order, and after saying they couldn't they eventually did, but said that it will take up to 14 days for the money to be refunded as the TV needs to be delivered back to the depot. Going to take this as a victory if I even get refunded.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    I just got onto their chat and after going back and forth asked them to cancel the order. They were telling me that it with the third party, but they had zero tracking information with their third party and so on, but it would take 28 days!

I simply didn't believe him (it's clearly out of stock like others have posted) so asked to cancel the order, and after saying they couldn't they eventually did, but said that it will take up to 14 days for the money to be refunded as the TV needs to be delivered back to the depot. Going to take this as a victory if I even get refunded.

They are completely condtradicing themselves,they are saying it is out of stock and at the same time they are saying it is with a 3rd party courier

They are completely condtradicing themselves,they are saying it is out of stock and at the same time they are saying it is with a 3rd party courier

Well, after calling them to confirm it's cancelled they told me it's not, and that there's nothing they can do in that regard. Nothing has changed on the order page. The guy on the chat clearly just "Sure, i'll cancel the order" to get me to go away.

I stupidly keep coming back to this thread, thinking something interesting would be posted about the Sammy 58" TV.....nope, Littlewoods shipping (or lack thereof) thread :D

Has anyone got Netflix HDR to work from an Nvidia Shield or Xbox One with this TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

All,
    Has anyone who has ordered from Littlewoods gotten their delivery yet?
    I've ordered a TV from them since the 20th - it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow but reading this it looks unlikely.
    Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dziabong

kippy wrote: »
    All,
    I've ordered a TV from them since the 20th - it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow but reading this it looks unlikely.
    Cheers,

U should cancel ur order asap. My supposed do be delivered on 27th of December, I never heard that many lies from one company. One person said tv is ireland , other that is uk , and third that never left the warehouse. On another phone guy told me they will have them in stock on 6.12 and then they will send my order , and then he add " oh wait until end of week maybe u will get it " I call him retard and just hang up . Now after another 3 lovely phone calls I been told three different waiting times for my money. Another day tomorrow so its about time to start the war.

kippy wrote: »
    All,
    Cheers,

Yes, it was delivered to me on Friday. However, I did order it on the 14th and the expected delivery date was the 24th.

Advertisement