Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Banshee Bones are at Lidl from Thursday the 1st October!

Aldi too..12/€2.95

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just a heads up Tesco seem to be stocking them now, plently in my tesco this morning. In the same aisle as the halloween costumes and sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1kg of sugar showing as 50cent
    https://www.dealz.ie/129259-whitworths-sugar-1kg/

There were 500g bags of small twix bars that were either 2.50 or 3euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

rubadub wrote: »
    1kg of sugar showing as 50cent
    https://www.dealz.ie/129259-whitworths-sugar-1kg/

There were 500g bags of small twix bars that were either 2.50 or 3euro.

I got the twix last week it looks like they are the stock normally found at the airport, there are a few other travel sweets and chocolates there but twix were the best value

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

prodsc wrote: »
    Aldi too..12/€2.95

How the **** is 24 cent a bag a bargain?!

These used to be 10p or less from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

How the **** is 24 cent a bag a bargain?!

These used to be 10p or less from what I remember.

I remember Tayto cheese and onion being 6p!

24c a bag for banshee bonez is a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

FanadMan wrote: »

24c a bag for banshee bonez is a great deal

It really isn’t

It really isn’t

Why? Cos you remember them being 10p or less 20 years ago???

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I got the twix last week it looks like they are the stock normally found at the airport, there are a few other travel sweets and chocolates there but twix were the best value

Interesting, there were lots of toblerones too, and the dealz knockoff twin peaks were just 1euro. Those Toffifee might show up in larger packs, they often have the small one.

Lots of stuff still not appearing on the website which is annoying, like you can still get 10x50g snickers for 3euro. These are big but in small packaging, in tesco the multipacks are 35.5g and 41.7g. A full size single retail bar is 48g in supervalu and E1.07

Lidl had pub size heineken bottles a while ago due to the closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It really isn’t

It really is when you consider that a packet of Hot Lips , Tayto etc are €1 a packet or more , individually in shops .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How do people find the batteries in Dealz? I bought a Kodak pack and they are not great. I’m using them for Halloween lights but after a few hours, lights start flickering and light not as bright.

What batteries would ye recommend?

fin12 wrote: »
    How do people find the batteries in Dealz? I bought a Kodak pack and they are not great. I’m using them for Halloween lights but after a few hours, lights start flickering and light not as bright.

The yellow/red Kodak batteries are crap. They are zinc-chloride rather than alkaline so they will have a shorter life. Dealz used to sell packs of Fusiomax alkaline batteries which were as good as Duracell but they stopped them a few years ago.

You could either try their rechargeable batteries which aren't too bad. The downside is you'll need a charger (or two if you have a lot of lights). Or else splash out and get Duracell.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dealz are doing Wisdom branded Clorhexidine mouthwash (Corsodyl basically)
    175ml for €1.50.

Corsodyl is €6.99 for 500ml, so this is effectively €7.50 for 875ml, and the smaller bottles take up less space in the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dealz are doing Wisdom branded Clorhexidine mouthwash (Corsodyl basically)
    175ml for €1.50.

Corsodyl is €6.99 for 500ml, so this is effectively €7.50 for 875ml, and the smaller bottles take up less space in the bathroom.

Many Dentists don't advocate mouthwash. Also Alcohol mouthwash is an irritant. I use salt and water. Its virtually free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Anyone seen those spray paints they have had recently for 2.50€ in grey? Everywhere I check there seems to be an empty shelf left :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

I find Lidl and Ikea ones decent enough

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I use salt and water. Its virtually free.
    I do too and it is really effective, it was actually a pharmacist who recommended it, not a friend or anything, they were pretty much turning away a paying customer.
    Ikea have really high end rechargeable batteries, they are rumoured to be panasonic panaloops rebranded. Not cheap but way cheaper than the panasonics and good value.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-70303876/

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

That pharmacist who advocated salt and water instead of an over the counter mouthwash is a very honest pharmacist.

Another product which is a waste of money is Lemsip. A slice of lemon in hot water and two paracetamol is just as good at a fraction of the cost. I think Lemsip also contains artificial sweeteners.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    That pharmacist who advocated salt and water instead of an over the counter mouthwash is a very honest pharmacist.

Another product which is a waste of money is Lemsip. A slice of lemon in hot water and two paracetamol is just as good at a fraction of the cost. I think Lemsip also contains artificial sweeteners.

It tastes absolutely horrible aswell. If I get a cold I squeeze a fresh orange into a cup, pour hot water in and add a spoon of honey. Tastes lovely and really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

uli84 wrote: »

The Dealz Kodacs Alkaline are brilliant - I use them a lot and always have a packet handy- you usually only get 4 in a pack. The zinc ones are landfill.
    tests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I4liMndTsI

Ikea are even better - but I believe that this year they will no longer sell them, only selling rechargeable from now on.

Ikea are supposed to be one of the best rechargeable brands (possibly they are rebranded top end eneloop's link ) but I gave up on rechargeables a long time ago after 50 euros of Maplins best expired and went bad on me after leaving them a year unused.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »

Was watching a live stream from ^^ earlier. He's a complete nutjob :D

Anyone try Fry’s Turkish delight lemon flavour bars? Saw them in Dealz the other day. Not sure if they would be nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone try Fry’s Turkish delight lemon flavour bars? Saw them in Dealz the other day. Not sure if they would be nice?

I had them, they're alright. They're cheaper almost everywhere though, if even by a cent :p

I got a smart light bulb today in dealz, it was 8 euro. Most I've seen online have been screw only, these were bayonets which are what's in the ceiling already. Also works with the app I already have installed so a plus keeping the Chinese apps to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Yea I got them. Had high hopes for them as I love anything lemon. They were ok but I wouldn't buy them again - original is far nice for me anyway

messrs wrote: »
    Yea I got them. Had high hopes for them as I love anything lemon. They were ok but I wouldn't buy them again - original is far nice for me anyway

Lemon dime bars are nice. Have got them in Dealz before.

The Bonez are back!!! Well, they are in the Letterkenny Dealz anyway. Haven't seen any of them in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Lemon dime bars are nice. Have got them in Dealz before.

If you like eating dishwasher tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If you like eating dishwasher tablets
    Oh, they've the dishwasher flavour Dime bars back? Those are my fav's.

If they only get the Cif flavoured Turkish Delight back, I'd be in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

King-size white twixxs scanning at 25c in cork Dealz. 3 for €1.50 on the sign but scanning at 25c each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

DuffleBag wrote: »
    King-size white twixxs scanning at 25c in cork Dealz. 3 for €1.50 on the sign but scanning at 25c each

They offered me some for 25c (Kildare) at the till .... had 50c change so picked up 2 .... LOVE white chocolate, high hopes for these

Advertisement