Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I just seen the EPG's for VM One & VM Two now.

Emmerdale is unchanged to begin at 7pm on VM One with the Super Cup match beginning there afterwards at 7:30pm.

The Coronation Street double bill along with the News at 8 in-between will be on VM Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I just seen the EPG's for VM One & VM Two now.

Emmerdale is unchanged to begin at 7pm on VM One with the Super Cup match beginning there afterwards at 7:30pm.

The Coronation Street double bill along with the News at 8 in-between will be on VM Two.

had Corrie to record on link on my sky box and it never recorded the 2 eps of corrie.

I suppose the blame lies with Sky does it? ... or VM?

once before when corrie was moved to VM2 I am sure it recorded corrie automatically on series link when it was on VM2 , but not this time

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

had Corrie to record on link on my sky box and it never recorded the 2 eps of corrie.

once before when corrie was moved to VM2 I am sure it recorded corrie automatically on series link when it was on VM2 , but not this time
    I'd say the blame lies with VM, and not having the second episode tagged properly for series link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭political analyst

I still find the idea of TV3/Virgin Media Ireland antagonising soap fans hard to take in, to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Theres always catchup on the Sky. Im not sure about the cable setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Does anyone know when Virgin Media will be announcing their Autumn/Winter schedule? They did it on Aug 23rd last year. I wonder what surprises there will be this year. It would be great to see more home produced content, we already know Ireland’s Got Talent was scrapped.

Separately, I heard Mark Cagney (former Ireland AM host) on with Ray D’arcy yesterday. Apparently his contract was not renewed. I very very rarely watched the show but seems like there is little loyalty to the staff especially as he did the job for 20 years. He said he is not bitter towards them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He always seemed bored on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Virgin Media will be announcing their Autumn/Winter schedule? They did it on Aug 23rd last year. I wonder what surprises there will be this year. It would be great to see more home produced content, we already know Ireland’s Got Talent was scrapped.

Separately, I heard Mark Cagney (former Ireland AM host) on with Ray D’arcy yesterday. Apparently his contract was not renewed. I very very rarely watched the show but seems like there is little loyalty to the staff especially as he did the job for 20 years. He said he is not bitter towards them though.

August 29th for Virgin Media and August 22nd for RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Maybe we will have a reboot of the Nightshift music show after... well, too long off air.

Watch all the music videos you want on YouTube. The obsession with Nighshift is something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

lertsnim wrote: »
    Watch all the music videos you want on YouTube. The obsession with Nighshift is something else.

+1
    This will never return

+1
    This will never return

I'm sure they said that about Love Island when it was axed in 2007.

I'm sure if Nightshift was made relevant to the Spotify generation, the revival would be a huge hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I expect the Autumn Schedule launch to include the following:

Ireland AM new presenter
    Gogglebox Series 5
    Red Rock (last 2 episodes)
    Blood (Series 2)
    The Restaurant (Series 13)
    Livin With Lucy (rest of the 5 episodes they recorded last year)
    Doctor In the House (Series 5)
    To increase the amount of times Judge Rinder can be shown in a single day to 9 :l

And the usual ITV returnees of X Factors, Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celeb, Love Island versions set in Aus, UK Winter, UK Summer, USA etc..

Bang on about the same Champions League, Europa League, Six Nations, Horse racing coverage.

Overall, I'm not expecting much. There has been very little homeproduced programmes in the past few months, with nothing in the papers about upcoming programmes. Lots dropped in the past few year with The Sunday Show, Red Rock, Clubhouse, Ireland's Got Talent, Pat Kenny alongside cutting back on T6OCS, Xpose and ending Bank Holiday editions of Ireland AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    And the usual ITV returnees of X Factors, Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celeb, Love Island versions set in Aus, UK Winter, UK Summer, USA etc..

New Irish Drama : Darklands
    Also a Lisa McGee Drama courtesy of Channel 5. (The Deceived) set in Donegal.

ITV have already announced that BGT The Champions will air from Aug 29

Celebrity X Factor and in the new year X Factor The Champions, no normal run of the X Factor for 2019. OR VISAVERSA.

It will all be announced on the 28th with RTÉ's announced on 22nd.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Watch all the videos of people going on romantic holidays in exotic locations you want on YouTube. The media obsession with Love Land is something else.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its_steve116

Please cease disrupting threads with discussion on a programme which aired very late at night on a channel which no longer exists and most people wouldn’t remember.

You may if you wish, start one (1) separate thread on it. If you get replies to it good luck, but I won’t be allowing it to continue in the form of a conversation with yourself if it doesn’t.

Otherwise consider the matter off topic for discussion

icdg wrote: »
    Its_steve116

Please cease disrupting threads with discussion on a programme which aired very late at night on a channel which no longer exists and most people wouldn’t remember.

You may if you wish, start one (1) separate thread on it. If you get replies to it good luck, but I won’t be allowing it to continue in the form of a conversation with yourself if it doesn’t.

Otherwise consider the matter off topic for discussion
    I think I have a thread about it on my old account.

icdg wrote: »

Just to be pedantic its Virgin Media TWO now.

Not to name that other show explicitly, but think about it, a new music show would really benefit the Irish music economy. Irish filmmakers too. There are some really good music and film makers in this country. That "This Ain't No Disco" thing between Donal Dineen and Myles O'Reilly, if you haven't seen it, is really good; it's on YouTube for those who are interested. Same with the recent RTÉ One documentary Starboard Home; a film about Dublin with a great soundtrack from some or our finest music talent. A new similar show on VMT, not necessarily N********t, would be a good idea. There's a serious gap in the market for it.

Sadly, VMT is more interested in trashy reality TV shows.

I think sadly you could say that about most content on Irish TV. Virgin Media aren't too worried about the audience. It has continued to grow over the last number of months, largely eating into RTÉ's share of the audience.

Virgin Media will be a diet of Repeats, no clear identity for any of their channels. Mixing The Chase with Love Island, and nothing much else in between.

• Advertisement

I remember when it used to show Doctor Who, maybe it could start showing it again? At least Doctor Who is a good show and not a trashy reality show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Was the Europa League not on Virgin Sport this evening?
    The Wolves game would have been a good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

They probably dont have the playoff rights because Bt didnt show any matches tonight either.

Premier Sport had it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Playoff round is not part of the central rights deal for the Europa League, even though it is for the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

Fixtures have by and large been confirmed for the Heineken Challenge Cup. If you thought last year's selection of fixtures was bizarre it's even worse this year, both games between Saracens and Ospreys and Leinster and Northampton will be shown as well as the opener between Bath and Ulster. Final round game is to be confirmed.

It's poor from a Munster standpoint.

Sunday Night on VMT one V ITV

Time | VMT one | ITV
    6 | all star mr & Mrs (r) | tipping point celeb
    7 | Catchphrase (r) | the chase celeb
    8 | The chase celeb (r) | WWTBAM
    9 | WWTBAM (as ITV at 8) |new drama
    10 | the gn show (r) | news

I am not sure if the ITV Tipping Point and The Chase are repeats but why would you choose 9pm for WWTBAM and replace it with a repeat of The Chase while not airing the new ITV drama at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »
    Sunday Night on VMT one V ITV

Time | VMT one | ITV
    6 | all star mr & Mrs (r) | tipping point celeb
    7 | Catchphrase (r) | the chase celeb
    8 | The chase celeb (r) | WWTBAM
    9 | WWTBAM (as ITV at 8) |new drama
    10 | the gn show (r) | news

I am not sure if the ITV Tipping Point and The Chase are repeats but why would you choose 9pm for WWTBAM and replace it with a repeat of The Chase while not airing the new ITV drama at 9.

Delving further into VMT One's schedule:
    6pm All Star Mr And Mrs (S7 E6) - 6th time it will shown. First aired 7/Feb/16
    7pm Catchphrase (S4 E4) - 9th time shown. First aired 30/Jul/16
    8pm Celebrity Chase (S6 E11) - 3rd time shown. First aired 10/Dec/17
    9pm WWTBAM - New
    10pm Graham Norton Show (S22 E8) - 3rd time shown. First aired 25/Nov/17.

It's embarrassing that not only that they have no home produced programmes to show, they resort to the same ITV produced programmes on repeat.

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    It's embarrassing that not only that they have no home produced programmes to show, they resort to the same ITV produced programmes on repeat.

I am assuming the ITV line up is all new?

Advertisement