Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good Spin bike between 200-300euro

• 08-01-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm looking for a Spin Bike between 200-300euro that preferably has a 3 crank pedal system.

I've been on Argos and Elverys sites but the bikes don't represent good value.

I was considering buying from Irishsportswarehouse but they have poor customer reviews.

Can anyone recommend a company to buy from.

Thank you

Comments

I've no experience with them so wouldn't know a good one if it hit me in the face but purely by coincidence I was flicking through a brochure for home store and more of all places earlier and noticed a few reported has being half price at the minute.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/search?q=bike&lang=default likely rubbish but thought I'd throw it out there when I saw the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AK55

You might get better stuff second hand on adverts.There is a guy in Dunshaughlin in Meath selling a lot of stuff with good feedback.(Havent got anything off him or no connection)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crosswords

Try Decathlon in Belfast.

Good bikes that are within your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I seen this in Elverys in Dundrum last week and it caught my eye.
    I can't say if its any good but it looked fairly decent.
    I think they also had another one there that was a bit more expensive, about 300 i think.

http://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Fitness/Home-Gym-Equipment/Excercise-Bikes/Rotocycle-Hybrid-250-Spin-Bike%2C-Black/p/000000000001071555

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Woodies have one for 200euro at the minute. Not sure if it is any good but at least you can return it without much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the bikes mentioned but I don't think they have a 3 crank pedal.

The bike below from McSport has a 3 crank pedal. It doesn't have clipless pedals though, only toe straps. Does anyone know if I could replace the pedals with Shimano Clipless pedals and if so would it be worth doing.
    https://www.mcsport.ie/p/hit-fitness-g6-indoor-spin-bike/hit00233

What do you mean by 3 crank pedal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭secman

CramCycle wrote: »
    What do you mean by 3 crank pedal?

I've googled it and no wiser , awaits response from OP ..... curious

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

secman wrote: »
    I've googled it and no wiser , awaits response from OP ..... curious

I should have said 3 piece Crank. It's stronger than a 1 piece and allows Clipless Pedals to be substituted for the original pedals that come with the bike.

Regarding Clipless pedals:
    The site below gives good info on clipless pedals and their compatible cleats and shoes.
    https://yourexercisebike.com/spin-bike-pedals/#spinning-shoes

• Advertisement

I would imagine most spin bikes have removable pedals. Will check the Woodies ones when I'm passing for you.

I would imagine most spin bikes have removable pedals. Will check the Woodies ones when I'm passing for you.

Thanks, however I think Clipless pedals need a 9/16th inch thread. I think most budget bikes have 1 piece cranks which are 1/2 inch thread. I could be wrong on that, Im going by what I find on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭pj12332

Not being smart just a suggestion, but you could get a year membership in the gym for that money with spin bikes, lots of other cardio machines and a pool etc. Maybe that's not an option for your lifestyle but jusy my two cents. Good luck with it.

pj12332 wrote: »
    Not being smart just a suggestion, but you could get a year membership in the gym for that money with spin bikes, lots of other cardio machines and a pool etc. Maybe that's not an option for your lifestyle but jusy my two cents. Good luck with it.

I was considering the Gym but membership has to be renewed. A good bike should last a good few years and it eliminates travel + bike can be sold later and about 50% of money recouped.

Lidl have one for 230 at the minute. No mention of the thread on the box but you could take the pedal with you, open the bok in the car park or just beside the tills if you really want and try it. If it doesn't fit, just ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Check out JLL fitness in the UK. Delivery to parcel motel for £35 + oversized parcel €15-20.

Lidl have one for 230 at the minute. No mention of the thread on the box but you could take the pedal with you, open the bok in the car park or just beside the tills if you really want and try it. If it doesn't fit, just ask for a refund.

Thanks, I'll see can I get the specs for it.

Edit: Specs below for anyone else who's interested.
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=14823

nophd08 wrote: »
    Check out JLL fitness in the UK. Delivery to parcel motel for £35 + oversized parcel €15-20.

Good idea, I hadnt thought of that. JLL have a bike that's highly recommended on Amazon so it could be an option.

Advertisement