Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR are have the worst customer service

• 22-07-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Trying to contact EIR to cancel my broadband for 3 months. Trying webchats, phone numbers, accounts, loyalty line And complaints line. No response, went into store today with my equipment. Never I have I had to deal with incompetence staff like this before. Gave me 4 different numbers, none worked, spend 1 hour trying the numbers. Another customer said she was on hold for 2 hours today, and her call was not answered.
    They would not take my eir equipment back or cancel my account. Refused to give me her managers number, would not get anyone to ring me to cancel.
    Then the staff member raised her voice to me, had to ask her to not shout at me, and the other blonde lady swore at me “Jesus Christ” and asked me to leave the shop because they wanted to deal with other customers. Spent an hour trying to cancel my account in store, after 3 months of trying to contact them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Have you try contacting comreg they will try help solve your problem.Eir are a pain to deal with are you still in contract with Eir.if the answer no change isp and see if you can take legal action against them see what happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You sound very irrational going into the store with the equipment.

Read your contract. You need to give a month's notice and cancel in writing. No point visiting the store or phoning people (although it is easy enough to dial 1901 and choose the option to cancel).

To give notice and cancel in writing you can post a letter to Eir, or by using this form: https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/cancellations/

After cancellation they will send you a letter with instructions on how to return your equipment.

If you are in a contract period and you cancel your final bill will include an early termination charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Does the 1901 number work from any mobile or phone line - getting a beeping tone at the moment when I try and ring (from a vodafone mobile).

Does anyone have a proper phone number for the customer care/loyalty team?

Does the 1901 number work from any mobile or phone line - getting a beeping tone at the moment when I try and ring (from a vodafone mobile).

Does anyone have a proper phone number for the customer care/loyalty team?

1901 is the proper number. Can't comment if it works from Vodafone but I just rang it from an Eir mobile, a tesco mobile and a Three mobile and got through on each number. It also works from a landline so..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kvr1727

antix80 wrote: »

Read your contract. You need to give a month's notice and cancel in writing. No point visiting the store or phoning people (although it is easy enough to dial 1901 and choose the option to cancel).

To give notice and cancel in writing you can post a letter to Eir, or by using this form: https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/cancellations/

After cancellation they will send you a letter with instructions on how to return your equipment.

If you are in a contract period and you cancel your final bill will include an early termination charge.

To give one month notice, you need to keep trying to call for a month to reach out to their customer care/Loyalty team what ever they call it as. With current Teleworking, their calls not balanced out properly and all goes through to 1901 standard customer care (after at least 50+mins of call waiting) and they won't be able to switch your call.
    Again try your luck with another 50 mins of call waiting. After several failed call attempts web chat helped a bit, at least you can send in request for call back and you will get a call back in a day or two.

This is my personal painful experience.

• Advertisement

kvr1727 wrote: »
    To give one month notice, you need to keep trying to call for a month to reach out to their customer care/Loyalty team what ever they call it as.

If you look at the link you'll see the checkbox that says "I understand that my request will be applied in 30 days "

Sorry, but people are making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. Yes, it's hard to get through to Eir - and I see they're saying they can't accept letters by post.

But the cancellation form on the website is the best option if you want to cancel. No need at all to spend hours on hold competing with customers whose broadband connection isn't reliable enough for working from home ... it's a simple transaction, use the form to cancel. If they don't acknowledge your request within 30 days just cancel the DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭satguy

Maybe if people just avoided EIR, they might change their ways for the better.

But yes, they are the worst to deal with.

satguy wrote: »
    Maybe if people just avoided EIR, they might change their ways for the better.

But yes, they are the worst to deal with.

They're only bad when you have a problem with them. And I have had them in the past- billing issues and hours on hold to fix them.

But when things go right, your DD comes out and you have a decent broadband line.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

1901 is the proper number. Can't comment if it works from Vodafone but I just rang it from an Eir mobile, a tesco mobile and a Three mobile and got through on each number. It also works from a landline so..

Looks like they had some outage (similar with website as I couldnt log in for a bit) - I'm listening to the wonderful hold music now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kvr1727

If they don't acknowledge your request within 30 days just cancel the DD.
    Once you set up direct debit, I didn't see option to cancel it. It can only be done from Eir side. My personal experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

kvr1727 wrote: »
    Once you set up direct debit, I didn't see option to cancel it. It can only be done from Eir side. My personal experience.
    To cancel a DD, just put it in writing to your bank

They're only bad when you have a problem with them. And I have had them in the past- billing issues and hours on hold to fix them.

But when things go right, your DD comes out and you have a decent broadband line.

Sure that could be said for any company but with eir there's just so many issues and they are genuinely terrible to deal with

Dont mean to hijack a thread, but does anyone know how this one goes. A friend is moving her BB and phone away from Eir and into Virgin. Virgin installing middle of Aug.

Eir switching site says fill out this form if SWITCHING so you keep your number, but elsewhere it says 30 days from cancellation notice. The number can only be requested and moved to Virgin once Virgin goes live. The issue is will it be 30 days from the Virgin live date - middle of August, or can we do it now?

I can see a trap where Eir and Virgin will both be live at the same time.

Not worth worrying about tbh.
    I'd rather an overlap rather than being left without.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Couldn't agree more, I'm astonished at how many customers of networks think they can cancel contracts in network retail stores, it has never, ever been permitted to cancel contracts at store level. The fact the op is bringing equipment into a store suggests they wish to cancel contract early, equipment is retained by customers after contract expires.

Comreg may assist but customers have to follow processes, Comreg have clamped down on babysitting customers and will want proof of attempts to rectify problems with their providers. Email, Email, Email, can't be ignored or hidden and will act as proof of attempts to rectify issues etc.

OP, Retail staff have enough S&€TE to deal with, with Covid-19 protocols.

For the record, I don't work for Eir but did for another network

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, I'm astonished at how many customers of networks think they can cancel contracts in network retail stores, it has never, ever been permitted to cancel contracts at store level. The fact the op is bringing equipment into a store suggests they wish to cancel contract early, equipment is retained by customers after contract expires.

Comreg may assist but customers have to follow processes, Comreg have clamped down on babysitting customers and will want proof of attempts to rectify problems with their providers. Email, Email, Email, can't be ignored or hidden and will act as proof of attempts to rectify issues etc.

OP, Retail staff have enough S&€TE to deal with, with Covid-19 protocols.

For the record, I don't work for Eir but did for another network

The original post says he only did that after 3 months of trying to contact them using the correct channels. While they are wrong doing this, I can understand why they did it.

With a lot of companies, you have big queues to cancel but no queue to sign up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The original post says he only did that after 3 months of trying to contact them using the correct channels. While they are wrong doing this, I can understand why they did it.

With a lot of companies, you have big queues to cancel but no queue to sign up.....

I'm struggling to believe anyone spent 3 months trying to cancel a contract. There are ample customer self service facilities, such as chat, these can be printed, emailed etc, or indeed email eir, if ignored, then get onto Comreg, Twitter Care also being used and threads can be saved etc, my issue is bringing clear frustration out at retail level. I do agree, communication companies have become the worst when it comes to actually communicating with their customers. A tip for the OP, they panic when negative stuff put up on social media, get cracking

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dont mean to hijack a thread, but does anyone know how this one goes. A friend is moving her BB and phone away from Eir and into Virgin. Virgin installing middle of Aug.

Eir switching site says fill out this form if SWITCHING so you keep your number, but elsewhere it says 30 days from cancellation notice. The number can only be requested and moved to Virgin once Virgin goes live. The issue is will it be 30 days from the Virgin live date - middle of August, or can we do it now?

Virgin should be able to do everything for you. Will be impossible for both to be live at the same time. Unless you're referring to both bills.

Virgin should be able to do everything for you. Will be impossible for both to be live at the same time. Unless you're referring to both bills.

Yes, both bills.

Virgin goes live, so their billing starts. But if eir then gets notice, their bill may still run for 30 days so its a double payment.

Can it be avoided

Advertisement