Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro - ESB Meter on the Inside of House

• 23-07-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Siro is landing in my area. We're midterrace with the ESB meter just inside the door. Anyone know how a Siro installation would look in this scenario? Wondering if it is possible to keep the boxes outside as much as possible and just have a relatively small unit inside to connect the wires. Thanks for your help all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yes, I expect like this.

They wire the SIRO from the Street into your ESB box and then run the cable from the ESB box to the front wall of your house. They then drill a hole from the wall into your house. Inside your house they run a small fibre cable from the hole in the wall to a new (ONT) box (the ONT changes the Fibre cable into a network cable). They also need two plug sockets so watch out for that. To complete the install they connect your new Vodafone (Eir etc) router to the network cable and away you go.

Pictures might help to explain it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Oh that looks neat thanks - they chisled away that box outside into your brickwork outside then?

No, they just drilled four holes and stuck it to the wall. It is quite thin, I think maybe an inch wide. They have silicone around the edges then. It is very neat job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭dam099

OP from your post I thought your meter box was inside the house, is that correct?

In that case there may be no external boxes if they do a duct install through the meter box. They are usually fibre through their ducts coming out into the meter box, they then run it from the meter box on your external walls to the entry point where it goes into the box in Statics 3rd picture which is on the external wall, on the other side of the wall is a box like the one on the right of Static's 2nd picture (which is probably 2 boxes together in a cradle, older installs had these separate too). If your meter is already inside then I would imagine they would skip the external box, doesnt seem logical to go out and then back in.

The also sometimes do overhead installs from fibre strung on their poles in which case I would expect then there would be some sort of external box.

Completely missed that Dam099, thanks for the pointing it out. Can you post some pictures tomfoolery60 if you get it done. I'm interested to see what it would look like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement