Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin BB issue

Options
  • 21-07-2020 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I have a very strange issue with my broadband at home. Virgin's tech support haven't been particularly helpful, so I thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone has any ideas.

Every so often (about once or twice a week), all of my devices will refuse to connect to certain websites (e.g. will connect to youtube, facebook, google, but not to irishtimes, journal, virgin media website etc.). Usually this resolves itself after a few hours, but in the meantime, the only way I have found to get access to the internet via PC is to release and renew the IP config, which resolves the problem instantly.

Anyone got any ideas what could be the source of this issue? It has me totally stumped.

Have also managed to resolve the issue by rebooting both the horizon box and the hub (reboot of the hub alone didn't help).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

For the last few days we’ve had repeated dropouts in WiFi radio and Zoom calls.

Prior to this, the radio would dropout maybe once a day, at most.

And Zoom was pretty much bullet-proof.

Time of day seems to be immaterial. It can be any time.

Both rebuffer themselves. Neither ever requires an actual reconnection.

I’ve texted them and am waiting to hear back.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Today, Virgin did a remote test of my BB and told me that “some of the levels are out of spec”.

No idea what that means.

But, they’re sending an engineer to fix it tomorrow.

All should be well, hopefully.

D.

Advertisement