Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Download 2020 Day tickets

Options
  • 25-09-2019 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Any idea when day tickets for Download usually go on sale?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not for awhile they'll want to shift as much weekend passes for now, quick check on their forums and for this years event it was end of March before they went on sale.

IMO by that stage I'd say it'll transpire whatever act you're venturing for will be playing at a more desirable venue elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Not for awhile they'll want to shift as much weekend passes for now, quick check on their forums and for this years event it was end of March before they went on sale.

IMO by that stage I'd say it'll transpire whatever act you're venturing for will be playing at a more desirable venue elsewhere.

It's Maiden so definitely playing a more desirable venue (Belfast) a couple of days after but would like to do both shows. Only those 2 shows around these parts next year so they say.
    They'll probably head off to South America/Asia or somewhere after that.

Ah right okay i'd imagine there'll be more dates in Europe, it's a quality show saw it twice in 2018 they've hinted there could be a change or two when they do it next year. Out of the times I've seen them Donington 2013 was actually the most underwhelming they even scrapped plans they had of a live release that was planned. I don't believe Download has sold out any of days since about 12 or 13 so I'd be pretty confident you won't need to rush into purchasing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Ah right okay i'd imagine there'll be more dates in Europe, it's a quality show saw it twice in 2018 they've hinted there could be a change or two when they do it next year. Out of the times I've seen them Donington 2013 was actually the most underwhelming they even scrapped plans they had of a live release that was planned. I don't believe Download has sold out any of days since about 12 or 13 so I'd be pretty confident you won't need to rush into purchasing anyway.

Deadly stuff. Yeah did Belfast, Manchester and Birmingham in 2018 and even got to meet them in Manchester as they were in our hotel!! Cousin went to New York to see them in July I think it was so Download will be another great excuse to head across the water to see the tour again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone know where i can get information about where to stay off site(no camping) and ways to get o the festival and back?

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can get information about where to stay off site(no camping) and ways to get o the festival and back?

Doubtful you'll get any non camping in the immediate area you'd have to likely travel in from Derby, Long Eaton or Notts. Skylink run services from the airport to those just check their timetables in the case of Derby I'm sure they run DL specific shuttle buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

stay in Derby or Loughborough,there is buses to east midlands airport from them and regular shuttle buses to Derby. stayed in a travel lodge in Loughborough a few years back and got the bus back and forth,about 25 min trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Stayed st the Pentotel in Derby this year, buses to festival go from train station which was five mins away, great location.

Advertisement