Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belfast rape trial discussion thread II

1102103104105106108»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,782 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Augeo wrote: »
    Yup....quite likely.
    The lads weren't too drunk according to themselves iirc.

Pre club drinks - drinks in the club and beers at the house. The girl's memory was hazy because of what she had drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Why would Eileen's issue not be with the 'young women' in this scenario?

Why would she have an issue with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

They were fairly happy to have a rugby player who cheated on his wife with multiple men with the threat of spreading HIV front and centre for them weren't they?

I also have a feeling they won't be pulling any sponsorship of Irish Rugby considering Sean O'Brien can't control his bladder now..[/quote
    Ah true colours here. Bias.

jm08 wrote: »
    I don't think that person was drunk (from what she said she had to drink and testimony of one of the 3 girls).

As for evidence of rape - there never is. Its one person's word against anothers (or 4 peoples).

I'd love to know that you think of this bit of conversation:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/inside-court-12-the-complete-story-of-the-belfast-rape-trial-1.3443620

I have a family member, an in-law, who ends up fighting with somebody at family parties and in tears etc etc. drink does not suit them. It is as sure as the sun sets. There are hundreds of comments of a similar nature in our various family Whatsapps.
    Anybody reading them dispassionately and refusing to believe that such people exist would think the worst of us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I doubt if Olding had 20+ pints of Guinness!

According to Olding himself he had eight cans, four pints, five vodkas, two gins and three shots

https://twitter.com/SkepticalHippo_/status/1139294800731992065

• Advertisement

'Young women throwing themselves' at men who are not interested? Can any blame be attached to women these days?

why do you have an issue with any of it?

if woman are throwing themselves at rugby players, what about that do you think strengthens anything you're arguing?

that some fella who was around that atmosphere told his wife that nothing ever happened that he saw?

jesus even if this wasnt third hand and frankly highly likely to be sanitised, its hardly relevant at all to your desperation for these lads to have been found guilty

(they werent btw not sure youve spotted that)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Locking this thread up to give mods a chance to review.

Some absolutely cack performances from all sorts though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement