Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail September Timetable Changes

• 29-11-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Looks like they are pressing ahead with in during the first half of 2018!
    Iarnród Éireann plans a further and more significant timetable revision in the first half of 2018 to enhance DART frequency, off-peak Maynooth services and other changes, subject to a full public consultation process, and the approval of the National Transport Authority.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news/newtimetable2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The original enhanced timetable which was due to come in on December 10th is pushed back to May 2018 - but it had no 10 minute DART services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

GM228 wrote:
    The original enhanced timetable which was due to come in on December 10th is pushed back to May 2018 - but it had no 10 minute DART services.

GM228 wrote:

What about the maynooth line?

The big issues there were always the off peak frequency along with last services especially Sunday .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I assume now that the pay dispute is sorted (have they voted on it yet?) they'll try and press ahead with the 10 minute Dart schedule.

thomasj wrote: »
    What about the maynooth line?

The big issues there were always the off peak frequency along with last services especially Sunday .

There will be extra Maynooths from next May (assuming that date does not change again) with Saturday and Sunday becoming a half hourly service, and yes there will be late Sunday services, same as the rest of the week (23.08 to Maynooth and 23.10 ex Maynooth). Most Maynooth services which currently operate to/from Pearse will operate to/from GCD except those which could clash with PPT services.

loyatemu wrote: »
    I assume now that the pay dispute is sorted (have they voted on it yet?) they'll try and press ahead with the 10 minute Dart schedule.

The pay dispute is not sorted yet.

• Advertisement

GM228 wrote:
    There will be extra Maynooths from next May (assuming that date does not change again) with Saturday and Sunday becoming a half hourly service, and yes there will be late Sunday services, same as the rest of the week (23.08 to Maynooth and 23.10 ex Maynooth). Most Maynooth services which currently operate to/from Pearse will operate to/from GCD except those which could clash with PPT services.

You've made my week!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

With every dart being late, this in reality means we'll finally get 15 minute dart frequency - yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

10 minute dart my hole. They can't keep to the existing schedule as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Honestly I dont even see why they keep trying to push this 10min DART when they refuse to upgrade the physical infrastructure to be able to cope with it. This 10min service has been pushed forever but I wish they would honestly give up on it for the moment and focus on upgrades to the line itself.

GM228 wrote: »

Make's sense to use the turnback facility at GCD for Maynooth Line services when there's no Hazelhatch service there. Much easier for drivers to change ends and it doesnt block the running line as well.

• Advertisement

10 minute DARTs back on track.

https://lovindublin.com/news/ten-minute-darts--introduced-later-this-year
    While an agreement was reached through the Labour Court in April, the National Bus and Railworkers Union has said that agreements with drivers still have to be finalised before the service can be rolled out.

What does the plan for all day ppt services for plans to terminate Maynooth trains in GCD?

What does the plan for all day ppt services for plans to terminate Maynooth trains in GCD?

The idea floated was that peak PPT will exclusively use GCD and peak Maynooth will continue to operate as now, and that off-peak PPT and Maynooth will share GCD.

GM228 wrote:
    The idea floated was that peak PPT will exclusively use GCD and peak Maynooth will continue to operate as now, and that off-peak PPT and Maynooth will share GCD.

That's great news makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭CFC007

Is there anything been done about extending the Hazel Hatch service to GCD. I thought this was the route mentioned in the section with Phoenix Park tunnel?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

CFC007 wrote: »
    Is there anything been done about extending the Hazel Hatch service to GCD. I thought this was the route mentioned in the section with Phoenix Park tunnel?

i thought it already runs to gcd? is this not the case?

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

CFC007 wrote: »

The GCD services already operate to/from Hazelhatch or Newbridge during peak times, since the start there has been aspirations to run all day and that is set to happen in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭cgcsb

progress is to be welcomed I suppose. Just shocking that the NBRU is setting the policy and not the NTA. But sure the rapid advancement of driverless technology means the NBRU probably won't be around by the 2030s.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

cgcsb wrote: »
    progress is to be welcomed I suppose. Just shocking that the NBRU is setting the policy and not the NTA. But sure the rapid advancement of driverless technology means the NBRU probably won't be around by the 2030s.

the NBRU will be around for decades to come. they are going nowhere. drivers aren't the only staff on the railway and even then they will be still in that cab long after 2030.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

cgcsb wrote: »
    . Just shocking that the NBRU is setting the policy and not the NTA. But sure the rapid advancement of driverless technology means the NBRU probably won't be around by the 2030s.

surprise surprise SIPTU are more militant than NBRU
    posters round here have got to lay of the anti union cool aid, they are clearly clueless

• Advertisement

After many years of delays the long awaited 10 minute DART is to commence from September 9th*. Full 10 minute service is to operate between 7.00 and 20.00 weekdays.

*Subject to acceptance by drivers (which could be an issue due to talks taking place surrounding other issues).

I see that Maynooth line services post 9th September have been taken down off the website. Will we see them changes too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

After many years of delays the long awaited 10 minute DART is to commence from September 9th*. Full 10 minute service is to operate between 7.00 and 20.00 weekdays.

*Subject to acceptance by drivers (which could be an issue due to talks taking place surrounding other issues).

Would I be right in saying that other issues have been set aside to provide a dedicated day for the drivers at the WRC, next Wednesday?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

I see that Maynooth line services post 9th September have been taken down off the website. Will we see them changes too?

Just some minor adjustments to allow the 10 minute DARTs, despite being just a few weeks away it is not yet finalised.

Would I be right in saying that other issues have been set aside to provide a dedicated day for the drivers at the WRC, next Wednesday?

There are a few issues being dealt with at the WRC and none relate directly to the 10 minute DART service, indirectly however they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

There are a few issues being dealt with at the WRC and none relate directly to the 10 minute DART service, indirectly however they do.

Gotcha!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Ireland trains

There was supposed to be a half hourly service to maynooth but i assume this has been deffered to December or cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Common sense prevails at least its a realistic 10 minute schedule. Hope its not just a temporary before full 10 min.

What could drivers possibly need to discuss now, it just never ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That's great news that the 10 minute DART will be going ahead by then. Who is the source of that news & why does it only have to run from 7am to 8pm? I thought it could go longer than 8pm because demand could be still be steady at that hour of the night. There is a good few passengers who do use it currently after 8pm whenever I would use it from town sometimes. I could put the 10 minute DART from 7am to 10pm & then demand would drop off afterwards.

What will be the frequency after 8pm? Will it be every 20 minutes or what?

Also how many carriages will be in use for each DART train between 7am & 8pm?

• Advertisement

I'd say it would be just every 15m after 8pm. Also to be fair the luas runs at 12~15m intervals late in the evenings during the week too.

Another thing is that this could be a testing the water's issue as well as I know there might be issue's with those level crossings on the south side for example as well as wondering if it will be realistic to maintain a 10m frequency with the commuter's thrown into the mix.

Advertisement