Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

dn2017 wrote: »
    Yeah we were the same but it was around 8 or 9 weeks after putting the deposit down that we signed the contracts. We kind of panicked when we heard their solicitors told us we had to a certain date to sign the contracts so we got everything over the line and just signed. Our Solicitor was happy with everything which was grand!

No I contacted Hooke& McD and they contacted the developers. I don't think we do have a choice as I was told the kitchen is the same kitchen as the show house in Park Side and the kitchen is been fitted by Nolan Kitchens.

Ok, I might call them to try hurry them up, it was nothing major our solicitor asked anyway just all small queries.

Yeah I seen the kitchen in parkside and loved it anyway so I'm happy, I just know some places give you a few standard colours for tiles and worktop etc so was curious to whether we would.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Yeah we were the same but it was around 8 or 9 weeks after putting the deposit down that we signed the contracts. We kind of panicked when we heard their solicitors told us we had to a certain date to sign the contracts so we got everything over the line and just signed. Our Solicitor was happy with everything which was grand!

No I contacted Hooke& McD and they contacted the developers. I don't think we do have a choice as I was told the kitchen is the same kitchen as the show house in Park Side and the kitchen is been fitted by Nolan Kitchens.

Did the solicitors or the agent tell you that you had to sign by a particular date? Did they mention why? We're in the same boat, got a bit of the run around from the agent who said to check with our solicitor as the replies to queries were sent but they weren't.

Does anyone have contact details the builder? I have the plans off the sdcc website but little detail around internal floor sizes. Just want to jump the gun and get some quotes for flooring. We've asked to confirm the garden sizes as well but it appears it's only going to be confirmed when complete in spite of detailed site plans on the sdcc website.

Also if anyone gets those socket details that would be great to post if possible.

We're on Shackleton Place, hoping to be in before the end of the year, fingers crossed. It's one of the only main feeder roads into the front half of the estate so I'm guessing that'll be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DrSeuss

Hey, put a deposit on a C type house this week, tried to get answers to a number of questions with no reply.

Can anyone answer the following:
    Management fees are €500, but what do they include and if bins are included where are the bin sheds going in the estate?
    Also the mamnagment fees can be increased at anytime and who looks after the new roads being built just outside traffic lights etc.

Can house type C have an attic conversion?

The “store” room in the plans for house type C, does this incorporate the hot press or is it just a store room?

The only problem I see so far is the Managment company, I'd get as much info as possible in contracts.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wacha

Hi (neighbors :-) ),

We put a deposit on C-type-end in mid May. Contract is still with our solicitor, hoping to get their "Go" this/early next week.
    We live in this area (Airlie Heights) for last 9 years and having dealt with mental second-hand property market for over 2 months this was rather no-brainer to go with Shackleton (no second thoughts about traffic, distance to village, shops etc). For us nothing changes location-wise except finally paying own mortgage (and of course living in 30 y.o. vs new build).

I'd also love to hear more about management fees, what's included and is this final (Parkside folks didn't get this unwanted "luxury")?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

DrSeuss wrote: »
    Hey, put a deposit on a C type house this week, tried to get answers to a number of questions with no reply.

Can anyone answer the following:
    Management fees are €500, but what do they include and if bins are included where are the bin sheds going in the estate?
    Also the mamnagment fees can be increased at anytime and who looks after the new roads being built just outside traffic lights etc.

Can house type C have an attic conversion?

The “store” room in the plans for house type C, does this incorporate the hot press or is it just a store room?

The only problem I see so far is the Managment company, I'd get as much info as possible in contracts.

Thanks in advance.

I also put a deposit on a Type C haven't signed contracts yet. Not sure of all the answers to you questions. I do know that the store room contains a boiler but it's quite a decent sized space for storing too :)

With regards the attic conversion the agent said something along the lines of" he could never say the type c attics could never be converted but that whatever way the tresses are in the attic it would be difficult to convert"

My solicitor said bins were included in the management fee and that the management company decide what bin company we will have. So we will have to see I suppose. Hope that helps.

Have you been told anything about the kitchen I'm the type C house. The show house kitchen was to the back and there was a small window so the counter top lined up with it. In our houses the kitchen is the front and there is a large window so I'm guessing will you see the back of the units from the front window?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Normally the entirety of a person's rights and obligations are spelt out definitively, alongside those of the Management Company towards the owners of leases, in the contracts.

You have to be cognisant- there is a small block of apartments/townhouses in the development- and there is also a stated intention to ascribe assigned on street parking to units.

Normally- at this initial stage in the development- a low Management Charge is set- covering the basics (probably just insurance at this stage)- and then other services- refuse collection, lighting, sink fund etc- get tagged on, as the development comes to completion.

You do need to get the rights and obligations of both the leaseholders, and the Management Company- tied down in the contracts.

Once the development is complete- keep in mind- the owners of the leases, are the shareholders of the Management Company. It would be particularly helpful if owner-occupiers were to familiarise themselves with the MUD Act- and attend the AGM and put themselves forward to run the Management Company in as constructive a manner as possible for the betterment of all residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Atleast the bins are covered. We should set up a Facebook group for members of the estate. Would be nice to have a sense of community in the area

I also put a deposit on a Type C haven't signed contracts yet. Not sure of all the answers to you questions. I do know that the store room contains a boiler but it's quite a decent sized space for storing too :)

With regards the attic conversion the agent said something along the lines of" he could never say the type c attics could never be converted but that whatever way the tresses are in the attic it would be difficult to convert"

My solicitor said bins were included in the management fee and that the management company decide what bin company we will have. So we will have to see I suppose. Hope that helps.

Have you been told anything about the kitchen I'm the type C house. The show house kitchen was to the back and there was a small window so the counter top lined up with it. In our houses the kitchen is the front and there is a large window so I'm guessing will you see the back of the units from the front window?

I was told that the kitchen will be placed to the back of the house with the living/dining area at the front of the home. So your window at the back will be high and low window to the front.

The attic conversion is a problem also as expansion is a huge part of buying a home, and the management company will have the say so If you ever wish to expand.

That's my worry, what will the start to include in the fees and subsequently what will the fee rise to? Could easily be €1,000 over the course of a year.

You have to be cognisant- there is a small block of apartments/townhouses in the development- and there is also a stated intention to ascribe assigned on street parking to units.

Once the development is complete- keep in mind- the owners of the leases, are the shareholders of the Management Company. It would be particularly helpful if owner-occupiers were to familiarise themselves with the MUD Act- and attend the AGM and put themselves forward to run the Management Company in as constructive a manner as possible for the betterment of all residents.

Yes, it is the apartment complex and duplexes that require a lot of maintenance work etc, which could easily increase the cost of management fees!

Could easily be €1,000 over the course of a year.

However- the flipside of the coin is- were you to pay for refuse and building insurance (alone) separately- it would most certainly cost you more than €1,000 per year. A thousand a year- is a low management charge.

• Advertisement

However- the flipside of the coin is- were you to pay for refuse and building insurance (alone) separately- it would most certainly cost you more than €1,000 per year. A thousand a year- is a low management charge.

That is true but there is no end to what the price could rise to, also regarding the road network around the area is that the management companies responsibility.

For example traffic lights at the entrance etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

corre10 wrote: »
    Did the solicitors or the agent tell you that you had to sign by a particular date? Did they mention why? We're in the same boat, got a bit of the run around from the agent who said to check with our solicitor as the replies to queries were sent but they weren't.

Does anyone have contact details the builder? I have the plans off the sdcc website but little detail around internal floor sizes. Just want to jump the gun and get some quotes for flooring. We've asked to confirm the garden sizes as well but it appears it's only going to be confirmed when complete in spite of detailed site plans on the sdcc website.

Also if anyone gets those socket details that would be great to post if possible.

We're on Shackleton Place, hoping to be in before the end of the year, fingers crossed. It's one of the only main feeder roads into the front half of the estate so I'm guessing that'll be the case.

I think the reason why they were trying to push us to sign as they were releasing another phase of houses last Saturday so they might of wanted to put the houses that people pulled out of on that phase.Cairn Home solicitors sent my solicitor a letter and said the contracts have to be signed 7 days from which the letter was dated.

If you go onto the shackletonpark.com and click into the brochure it shows you the exact size of of the rooms in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Hi all,

We purchased the type D house. Put down booking deposit in May and are signing contracts tomorrow. Has anyone else bought the type D house? There was no show house for this style in Parkside and there are no pictures of the kitchen on the website. Finding it hard to get details off Cairn. As regards parking our driveway, seems to be at the side of the house. Was anyone else told this? We expect to get the keys in November based on what we have been told. I think a Facebook group would be a great idea as suggested by a previous poster.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

Buying a 4-bed type A house. Put down deposit back in May and signed this week. I was not given any hard date for signing but did get a couple of calls from solicitor and agent.

I have been to Parkside showhouses a couple of times and was quite impressed with the build and layout. Type A is very similar to Type E in Parkside. At 165 SqM its a lot of house for 370K and IMO better value and build than others being built in the area close to the station.

Re. management fees, I have looked at the draft budget and fees are just under 400 for 3/4 bed houses, and just over 400 for 5 beds. Apartment however are in 1500-1600 range depending on the beds etc.

Houses fee include refuse but do not include property insurance, and there is a small provision for sinking fund. They have done a separate budget for houses and apartments, as apartments fees obviously contain insurance and more common areas to maintain.

Draft budget and fees seemed reasonable to me given that just refuse collection can cost 300, but managing agent fees seemed bit steep. I am on the board of another management company and we are paying lot less to managing agent there, but Shackleton is a much bigger development.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

I think the reason why they were trying to push us to sign as they were releasing another phase of houses last Saturday so they might of wanted to put the houses that people pulled out of on that phase.Cairn Home solicitors sent my solicitor a letter and said the contracts have to be signed 7 days from which the letter was dated.

If you go onto the shackletonpark.com and click into the brochure it shows you the exact size of of the rooms in the house.

We found by accident that the layout of the A type house in the whole dev was amended in Feb or March this year and does look a little different in the brochure compared to the sdcc. The ridge height has changed and the bedroom on second floor is now bigger. That's relying on me interpreting the planning docs correctly!

corre10 wrote: »
    We found by accident that the layout of the A type house in the whole dev was amended in Feb or March this year and does look a little different in the brochure compared to the sdcc. The ridge height has changed and the bedroom on second floor is now bigger. That's relying on me interpreting the planning docs correctly!

You are correct - both Type A and B were amended earlier this year. Type A area has increased from 150 to 165 sqm, height changed and look at top floor window is different. Main internal changes are to first and second floors - bigger rooms. I believe layout in brochure reflects the amended application so its up to date.

From planning:

House Type A - amended layout of permitted 4 bedroom house resulting in increase in overall floor area from 150sq.m to 164sq.m (73 units), increase in ridge level from 10.155m to 10.975m and minor modifications to elevations including change of box dormer window to apex style dormer window;

House Type B - amended layout of permitted 3 bedroom house resulting in increase in overall floor area from 110sq.m to 114sq.m (reduction in number of units from 67 to 66 units), increase in ridge level from 9.403m to 9.89m and minor modifications to elevations;

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

audi5 wrote: »
    You are correct - both Type A and B were amended earlier this year. Type A area has increased from 150 to 165 sqm, height changed and look at top floor window is different. Main internal changes are to first and second floors - bigger rooms. I believe layout in brochure reflects the amended application so its up to date.

From planning:

House Type A - amended layout of permitted 4 bedroom house resulting in increase in overall floor area from 150sq.m to 164sq.m (73 units), increase in ridge level from 10.155m to 10.975m and minor modifications to elevations including change of box dormer window to apex style dormer window;

House Type B - amended layout of permitted 3 bedroom house resulting in increase in overall floor area from 110sq.m to 114sq.m (reduction in number of units from 67 to 66 units), increase in ridge level from 9.403m to 9.89m and minor modifications to elevations;

I also see from planning that they are putting what seems to be a small storage room off the living room. It seems unusual but interesting to see how they are maximising every inch of space!

Adel12 wrote: »
    I also see from planning that they are putting what seems to be a small storage room off the living room. It seems unusual but interesting to see how they are maximising every inch of space!

I seen that, does that mean we have a door from the sitting room into the storage room? It looks like there will be two doors in the sitting room then ?

Re. management fees, I have looked at the draft budget and fees are just under 400 for 3/4 bed houses, and just over 400 for 5 beds. Apartment however are in 1500-1600 range depending on the beds etc.

Houses fee include refuse but do not include property insurance, and there is a small provision for sinking fund. They have done a separate budget for houses and apartments, as apartments fees obviously contain insurance and more common areas to maintain.

Draft budget and fees seemed reasonable to me given that just refuse collection can cost 300, but managing agent fees seemed bit steep. I am on the board of another management company and we are paying lot less to managing agent there, but Shackleton is a much bigger development.

Can I ask where you have seen the draft Budget?
    And donyou happen to know the provision for sinking fund?
    Why is the managing agent fees steep if the title fee is reasonable at 400?

Thank you

Yea they did. Personally not a fan of that door in the living room. It prevents anyone wanting to have a TV/storage unit across the whole length of the wall like they have in Parkside showhouse.

• Advertisement

Can I ask where you have seen the draft Budget?
    And donyou happen to know the provision for sinking fund?
    Why is the managing agent fees steep if the title fee is reasonable at 400?

Thank you

Your solicitor can provide you with the draft budget.
    Sinking fund contribution is 10K.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Does anyone know if the sink in the Type C is at the front of the house? The windows look like low windows but I'm not sure how this would work if the sink is in front of them?

Thanks

Is the sinking contribution due in completion?

Also the sink will be to the rear due to the low windows I was informed by H&McD

Is the sinking contribution due in completion?

Also the sink will be to the rear due to the low windows I was informed by H&McD

Sinking fund is "rainy day" fund for the management company and its already part of your management fee. You don't need to make any additional contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

Yea they did. Personally not a fan of that door in the living room. It prevents anyone wanting to have a TV/storage unit across the whole length of the wall like they have in Parkside showhouse.

Yes they were my thoughts exactly!

Sinking fund is "rainy day" fund for the management company and its already part of your management fee. You don't need to make any additional contribution.
    In that case the management fee seems okay!! Thanks

Now that I have looked at updated planning spec for Type A again, there is no door there. It is there on last year's out of date spec.

So it seems they have changed the layout again to give us additional storage space. Personally I would rather not have that door/store as there is already space for storage on first and second floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

What house type are ye talking about?
    We've got an A type house, in original plans there was an additional door into the sitting room but that was removed as per updated plans submitted in March 17.

Not exactly- have a look at the MUD Act- a contribution to a development's sink fund is in addition to a Management Charge, the Act states that for simplicities sake it may be levied and collected as one fee- it is however legally a different contribution and must be accounted for as such by the Management Company when levied.

• Advertisement

Does anyone no if the bins are included in mgt fee do we all get individual bins or are they a part of bin sheds etc for the houses?

Advertisement