Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish genealogy

• 24-11-2019 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is Irish Genealogy down? When I open the page I get..

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
    Subject: www.irishgenealogy.ie

Issuer: DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

Expires on: Nov 24, 2019

Current date: Nov 24, 2019.

Is it the same in your area please?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Yes, I'm getting something similar.

I wonder are they having some issues?

Genealogy Forum Mod

It seems their certificate is out of date as of today.

But I was able to access the site by clicking the option to accept the risk and continue.

I don't know what security risk this poses - maybe someone else knows?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It isn't any real risk, but their webperson should make sure the security things are up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I haven't been able to access it for 2 days now. I get an 'Internal Server error' message. :/

That's odd. I've seen others comment on Facebook the past few days about having issues with it too but I've had none.

I'm using this link...

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes I have had to access it through that link too. The main page doesn't work for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yeah, the main front page seems to be down but my bookmark for the search is ok.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Hermy wrote: »
    That's odd. I've seen others comment on Facebook the past few days about having issues with it too but I've had none.

I'm using this link...

You're an absolute life saver!! Thank you, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hermy wrote: »

I'm using this link...

That link is a great help, thanks Hermy.

Advertisement