Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Think I'm going to have to give up with turkey. Iv tried revolut and aib, netflix say my banks are declining, banks say netflix are not attempting to take payment. I can't add paypal I can't purchase gift card.
    I tried setting up curve last night but they are not accepting either card and I cannot seem to navigate around the app or website without adding a payment card
    Aghhh
    In frustration I contacted netflix while I was still in turkey
    They were still unhelpful

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭paska

I am paying 10.54 euro equivalent in Mexico for premium. Think I am best leaving well enough alone? Got a replacement revolt card last month and I was able to update it. Like the idea of paying in Turkey but I guess if I try I might be sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They seem to be clamping down on it more recently. I created a new account with a new card a few weeks back and bought it via brazil. They cancelled and refunded it a few days ago stating suspect fraud. Signed back up again with a curve card.Lets see how long it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

With revolut moving jurisdictions with Brexit will that affect card numbers? Hardly? Would just be IBANs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

gar wrote: »
    With revolut moving jurisdictions with Brexit will that affect card numbers? Hardly? Would just be IBANs?

Nah, pretty sure it’s must the IBANs that are updating as the first two letters represent the country. No reason to change the card numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

paska wrote: »
    I am paying 10.54 euro equivalent in Mexico for premium. Think I am best leaving well enough alone? Got a replacement revolt card last month and I was able to update it. Like the idea of paying in Turkey but I guess if I try I might be sorry.

I am thinking of leaving well enough alone too (in Argentina)

Another option might be to start from scratch with a new account in Turkey (might have to have month 1 in Ireland?) and if you are successful only then cancel your Mexico/Argentina one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I am thinking of leaving well enough alone too (in Argentina)

Another option might be to start from scratch with a new account in Turkey (might have to have month 1 in Ireland?) and if you are successful only then cancel your Mexico/Argentina one.

Was thinking that too but sure then when you think about it, it's still great value for 8 quid a month for ARG

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Newbie to this and was going to set up an account along with a VPN this evening

Read the first post but obviously posts (goal) have moved somewhat.

Can someone shine some light on which country to use for Revolut or Paypal.

Have no Netflix account yet at all. Don’t ask.

Or has the entire system for getting cheap Netflix evaporated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Set up an Irish Netflix account using Revolut or curve with Revolut adding a mobile number to Netflix and then move to Turkey job done

That simple ?

Sasso wrote: »
    That simple ?
    That doesn't always work. Its a bit of a lottery whether they will allow you renew or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭ooter

Just wondering, does this also work with Spotify and is there much of a saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

ooter wrote: »

No

ooter wrote: »

Have a look at this thread. I think spotify are starting to clamp down too.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057764331/1/#post101255017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

I'm waiting for cancellation to go thur 11th Oct. was ARG. hoping to move to turkey, updated mobile no. etc. and we'll see how we fair

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

How does one "move to turkey"?

How do I inform Netflix of my move is what I mean.

Post #1

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

You have to email
    Them in Turkish to prove you are genuine .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Daz_ wrote: »
    You have to email
    Them in Turkish to prove you are genuine .

Send them a picture of yourself holding up todays copy of the local Turkish rag while eating some Turkish delight. Had to go through it myself last week, photoshop is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

How anyone can stay subscribed to this thread, I do not know. The same questions over and over, most wouldnt even need to go a full page back to get their question answered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ok, so im up to level 800 on Duolingo for Turkish, whats next....or ..... sırada ne var?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

So
    revolut, aib and now curve used. Out of principal Im not moving to another country. Opened up a lotto account and spent the money I put in my revolut on a weeks worth of lotto instead.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ok, so im up to level 800 on Duolingo for Turkish, whats next....or ..... sırada ne var?
    Go find a few random Armenians and knock the sh*te out of them for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I had everything working perfect through Turkey but let my revolut card dip down to two euro so when month renewal came up it was rejected. I have tried to update my payment on Netflix but keep getting the message 'there appears to be a problem with the payment method'. Any ideas ?

DopeTech wrote: »
    They seem to be clamping down on it more recently. I created a new account with a new card a few weeks back and bought it via brazil. They cancelled and refunded it a few days ago stating suspect fraud. Signed back up again with a curve card.Lets see how long it lasts.

Booted off it again with a refund back to me. Looks like I may have to go legit or just look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

DopeTech wrote: »
    Booted off it again with a refund back to me. Looks like I may have to go legit or just look elsewhere.

Join a Netflix family.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Join a Netflix family.
    That might be one way around it. We already had 2 other family members on this one. Pita having to join a 3rd account.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

I was going to try go via turkey for next months renewal but appears it’s not going to work.

I have 3 profiles left on my 4K premium sub so willing to do a family group share with fellow boards members would prefer to partner up with long standing member no new accounts members no offence.

€4 per month via PayPal or Revolut

Pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I had everything working perfect through Turkey but let my revolut card dip down to two euro so when month renewal came up it was rejected. I have tried to update my payment on Netflix but keep getting the message 'there appears to be a problem with the payment method'. Any ideas ?

Got this resolved by getting onto chat and asking them to initiate the payment from the same card on there end. I'll just have to remember to have enough on my revolut going forward

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Got this resolved by getting onto chat and asking them to initiate the payment from the same card on there end. I'll just have to remember to have enough on my revolut going forward

There has never been a better time to buy Turkish Lira, it actually hit 9.25 during the week meaning a months sub on the full 4K package would cost you €4.50 if you had of bought up some lira. I transferred €50 in to lira earlier this week and got something like 470 lira which is over 11 months subs. That’s definitely the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Netflix family complete

Advertisement