Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Internet Banking - problems with new site

• 25-06-2009 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Probably not the right place for this - but has anyone else experienced problems logging into the new, redesigned AIB Internet Banking site??

It won't log me in most of the time and when it eventually does it's slow and unresponsive. And after a few clicks it just dies and page stays white won't load. Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Yep, slow as ****e for the last couple of hours. I suspect a DDOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

me 2,much prefer the old site actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I've only found it bad today but up until then I haven't had any problem. Didn't like it at first but much prefer it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I haven't had any problems with it today. I didn't really like the look of the new site when it was first launched but I much prefer it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ditto!
    Has anyone ever noticed when you query something, the excuse is always that the online banking doesn't show it up as quickly as their own system, then when you ask isn't the online banking their own system, its a strange stare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Yes I found the site quite slow today.I beginning to get used to the site though. I just wish they would show a greater number of previous transactions on the various accounts and in particular credit cards.Until they change this I won't be signing up for online statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I also used it today for the first time. Pretty bad change, I'd say. Can't really remember any site doing a revamp and having improvements afterwards. Ryanair, Monster, Lastminute, Google - they all changed for worse in the last couple of years. Now AIB... They were, probably, the best banking site in Ireland, moved to JSP recently (I didn't understand why but it was seamless), and now this disappointment. I'm not even saying that the interface is rather amateurish, but where's the old functionality? I didn't notice any useful additions, but I did struggle to find a way to reuse an old transfer. Before, the transfer list was clickable so you could click inside and see the details like bank account, sort code, IBAN, etc., and also reuse these details. Now, transfers have no links and no details on the list so you can't see, for example, the bank account and you can't reuse them. Did anybody notice it? Maybe I missed something?
    And why the hell they do one upgrade after the other? They don't know where to spend excess money? As I said, I didn't quite get why moving to JSP but that time both the interface and functionality were very much preserved. Now, another update and, in my opinion, total flop. I can live with the ugly interface but where is the tried and true functionality??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭lau1247

works just fine..
    i like how they let you see a lot more of the previous transaction from the summary page

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

none wrote: »
    I also used it today for the first time. Pretty bad change, I'd say. Can't really remember any site doing a revamp and having improvements afterwards. Ryanair, Monster, Lastminute, Google - they all changed for worse in the last couple of years. Now AIB... They were, probably, the best banking site in Ireland, moved to JSP recently (I didn't understand why but it was seamless), and now this disappointment. I'm not even saying that the interface is rather amateurish, but where's the old functionality? I didn't notice any useful additions, but I did struggle to find a way to reuse an old transfer. Before, the transfer list was clickable so you could click inside and see the details like bank account, sort code, IBAN, etc., and also reuse these details. Now, transfers have no links and no details on the list so you can't see, for example, the bank account and you can't reuse them. Did anybody notice it? Maybe I missed something?
    And why the hell they do one upgrade after the other? They don't know where to spend excess money? As I said, I didn't quite get why moving to JSP but that time both the interface and functionality were very much preserved. Now, another update and, in my opinion, total flop. I can live with the ugly interface but where is the tried and true functionality??

I much prefer the new design - looks far more modern, and there's a way more info on the main page. I'm not quite sure what you are saying about the transfers. There's the "English" way, whereby the user selects a series of sentences (I assume for people who are new to internet banking), but for those who are comfortable, there's the shortcut menu in the top right (where you merely select which account you are transferring from, which account your transferring to and voila - all from the main page.

As for managing your payees (to see IBAN/Account numbers etc, I would suggest the "Manage My Payees" tab. Pretty self explanetary:D

Not sure about the JSP - wasn't it always JSP?

I know that I can create Payees explicitly but I don't want to bloat that list. I only keep in it those ones that I do use frequently. For an occasional transaction, I'd just go to the list of previous transfers and reuse the old one (if there was already a payment to the same recipient, of course). Now that list of old payments has just plain text, no way to click through to examine recipients details, let alone reuse them. That's the major gripe. Everything else is bearable. No improvements though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

broker2008 wrote: »
    I just wish they would show a greater number of previous transactions on the various accounts and in particular credit cards.Until they change this I won't be signing up for online statements.

Online statements are different -- there's a link that appears on all your accounts "View eStatements" -- and if you click on it, it shows you roughly the last two years worth of statements (at least that's what I get when I open my current a/c). Those statements are .pdf versions of the actual statements they used to send you in the post. You need your code card in order to actually access them.

It's pretty handy actually - definitely better than the regular printed kind (you can always print off the PDFs if you wanted them for whatever reason, or, on some accounts request a printed statement, though they probably charge for that).

You need your code card in order to actually access them.
    I personally find it strange to say the least. When you already have access to everything within the account, introducing additional security measures for viewing historical transactions is the last thing you would expect. The code card makes perfect sense to authorise transfers but not to view old bills. By the way, this code is only required for downloading the statements for the actual bank account but not for the credit card account. Strange again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I tried the new site today, well actually I was forced to use it as they took the old one down. What a horrible re-design, really horrible. It's colours are less appealing and not soft on the eye, the layout is cluttered and way too busy especially on the right hand side, the fonts and sizes are big and very ugly and it looks like a server call is made every time you click on something. Someone should tell them that the idea of doing a re-design is to improve on what already exists. Hope enough people complain so that we can get the old site back.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke... That's not for AIB, apparently. They look like have surplus of cash to mess around. Really no idea why this awful change. :cool: Everything was so good before (on both the aesthetic and functional sides).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

When you login, you're faced with your accounts and balances;

Current-XXX 543.50
    Savings-XXX 123.12
    Visa-XXXX 234.12dr
    not my actual figures :p

When I click on the + button for my Current account, it expands to all recent transactions, fair enough.
    But when I scroll down it states my Current account balance is roughly 200 euro more.

Anyone know which is the correct balance? :confused:

DeadSkin wrote: »
    When you login, you're faced with your accounts and balances;

Current-XXX 543.50
    Savings-XXX 123.12
    Visa-XXXX 234.12dr
    not my actual figures :p

When I click on the + button for my Current account, it expands to all recent transactions, fair enough.
    But when I scroll down it states my Current account balance is roughly 200 euro more.

Anyone know which is the correct balance? :confused:

That usually means that there's a laser transaction or similar pending that just hasn't been updated on the transaction history yet. If you look today, do the figures match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ive no problem with the new site, but then again i had no problem with the other site - no need for the change IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

broker2008 wrote: »
    Yes I found the site quite slow today.I beginning to get used to the site though. I just wish they would show a greater number of previous transactions on the various accounts and in particular credit cards.Until they change this I won't be signing up for online statements.

Well it shows the last 100 transactions in recent transactions and keeps the last year of statements. Is that not enough?
    and it looks like a server call is made every time you click on something

There is it removes the need for JavaScript, so you can support more devices. JS support is a pain over multiple browsers/devices/OS's
    Anyone know which is the correct balance?

They are both technically correct. The lower figure is what you can access right now, the higher figure is a pending transaction (Cheque/debit card transaction etc)

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Ive no problem with the new site, but then again i had no problem with the other site - no need for the change IMO

The biggest plus on the new site is that the Online Share Dealing part of the site now works in Firefox/Safari, whereas before it required MSIE or Netscape6 (And was really really unstable).

On the negative side though - it seems that making payments to unmandated accounts is currently broken (it gets stuck at 65%), so I had to give up and ring them - they said it's a known issue and is being worked on.

Other than that, I haven't seen many differences. they still have the "you hit the back button...go and sit in the naughty chair" bugs that they had before, but I guess fixing that's too much to hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

That usually means that there's a laser transaction or similar pending that just hasn't been updated on the transaction history yet. If you look today, do the figures match?

Yup, they're correct today. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 pink27

Thats because it is a different system, software programme. I know.

TheDriver wrote: »
    ditto!
    Has anyone ever noticed when you query something, the excuse is always that the online banking doesn't show it up as quickly as their own system, then when you ask isn't the online banking their own system, its a strange stare!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jcdf

Has there been a change to AIB internet banking?
    As I have many times before I go to the AIB web page and click 'log in' which usually redirects me to another page where I enter my registration number etc. Instead now it shows this:
    https://internetbanking.aib.ie/hb1/roi/presign.jsp
    Which is fine. Is this legitimate?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tis legit, happened a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭Tefral

Logged into something like that the other day, money still in my account anyway. The little lock comes on too so i felt a bit safer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

The change happened about a month ago.

As per that sign, the old address is now closed down and you access your internet banking from the aib url

Thread already discussing it here

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

well new site isn't bad, but previous version was more clear

btw. can anyone tell me how i can paid credit card bill online?

i can't see options for that, but since it is my first cc i can't say that it is not there :rolleyes:

image1fyh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lolipop2005

You need to go to Transfers and Payments, then select I want to pay a bill... If the credit card isn't set up opn your internet banking you will need to do this first by either ringing customer service or account maintenance

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

You need to go to Transfers and Payments, then select I want to pay a bill... If the credit card isn't set up opn your internet banking you will need to do this first by either ringing customer service or account maintenance
    HTH

thanks, thats it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hotellina

It's a shame that since I've opened my bank account with AIB I've always had problems in logging. I tried with several browsers, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox....
    I've also tried with other PCs and laptops with diffeent broadbands too.
    No way.
    Just 1 time out of 100 I got logged into my internet banking account.
    Last time I tried to send a message to them, but what happened after I hit the "Submit Button" ? A message popped up on my screen saying: "Strange characters in the message, I cannot deliver this message"....What the f** is that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

hotellina wrote: »
    It's a shame that since I've opened my bank account with AIB I've always had problems in logging. I tried with several browsers, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox....
    I've also tried with other PCs and laptops with diffeent broadbands too.
    No way.
    Just 1 time out of 100 I got logged into my internet banking account.
    Last time I tried to send a message to them, but what happened after I hit the "Submit Button" ? A message popped up on my screen saying: "Strange characters in the message, I cannot deliver this message"....What the f** is that?

That is a weird problem. The only problem I've had with AIB was when I was down in Oz. They do their maintenance during the night in Ireland which is daytime in Sydney so I frequently got the message saying it's being worked on. But from Ireland during normalish hours I've no problem at all from several PCs and different sites.

The major annoying thing for me is the request for a code from the codecard when you want to view a statement. I've logged on, I can transfer money from my account but looking at past statements requires extra security. Whyyyyy?

Advertisement