Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jeebus what in heck have i walked in on?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What?

:D
    Younger people are generally too busy drinking by the time the cake is cut. A few sambos and cocktail sausages does the job.

Wedding cakes have tiers, the top tier was traditionally reserved by the hotel and the couple kept it for the christening of their first child. Nowadays the first child generally doesn't arrive within 40 weeks (or suspiciously less than 40) of the wedding, so the top tier has less significance.

There might be a regional difference here though!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grannies maybe. The couple used to keep a tier of a traditional fruit cake when contraception wasn't used.

To be used as the christening cake wasn't it ?

GoneHome wrote: »
    For what I ask you, actually don't answer that :D

A cake is a great barrier method of contraception! Haven't you heard??? :pac:

I've been drinking so excuse the random and obscure meaning.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    To be used as the christening cake wasn't it ?

Yep! I'm glad someone got it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was thinking i never saw a doughnut type top tier on a wedding cake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Actually it's not really crazy. Thankfully I didn't have to look at Google maps to reach that conclusion. I don't think your lifting of covid restrictions opinion belongs here, but that's for others to decide.

Has nothing to do with covid restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Goodnight world :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Goodnight world :)

Only another whole day for me :P Trying to be sneaky and make a present for OH at work ;)

Only another whole day for me :P Trying to be sneaky and make a present for OH at work ;)

Oooh, sneaky presents are the best!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just watching the end of another great episode of Lewis. Off to bed for the two of us shortly. Work tomorrow.

Younger people are generally too busy drinking by the time the cake is cut. A few sambos and cocktail sausages does the job.

Wedding cakes have tiers, the top tier was traditionally reserved by the hotel and the couple kept it for the christening of their first child. Nowadays the first child generally doesn't arrive within 40 weeks (or suspiciously less than 40) of the wedding, so the top tier has less significance.

There might be a regional difference here though!

Yes that's right. Tiers held up on little sticks and the top one for the Christening. They were always fruit cake as well. Basically a Christmas cake. Back when I was a child and mam and dad would be going to weddings they would bring home a slice and they were always wrapped in thick linen napkins.

I'll be happy with your cupcakes Leg :p

Yes that's right. Tiers held up on little sticks and the top one for the Christening. They were always fruit cake as well. Basically a Christmas cake. Back when I was a child and mam and dad would be going to weddings they would bring home a slice and they were always wrapped in thick linen napkins.

I'll be happy with your cupcakes Leg :p

Well now, prepare to be disappointed. :pac:

One of the most hectic weeks i ever did put down, on fumes here.. Already know i'll get the fidgets after work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just dragging my arse outta bed, pretty much stayed there for the previous 24 hours. Guess my body was telling me something.

Not sure if it was a dream or a real phone call, but I have recollections of the missus telling me that she broke the door handle off our truck. Have to wait until she wakes up to see if this is real :)

Happens me often Smurf, thankfully mostly funny stuff :) Last one was about whether or not i bought crab claws from some fella at the petrol station :confused: (nope, i had not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Spent yesterday evening trying to ...do something nice shall we say....woke up this morning to a message thanking me, seems it's worked out....takes the foot pain away a little :D

Le sigh

Le sigh

Le coalface?.

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside at work...

Ah, the "joys" of coming back to work and finding over 200 new emails in your inbox. I was only gone a single day, for crying out loud! :eek:

Sorry about that :D

Feels like I was never gone, lots of new training to do :)

Lunch side :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happens me often Smurf, thankfully mostly funny stuff :))

Wasn’t a dream, she did pull the door handle off our truck :):)

Just spent the last 3 hours attending an online training course, it was identical to last year, same slides same blurb. Total waste of time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wildwillow

smurfjed wrote: »
    Wasn’t a dream, she did pull the door handle off our truck :):)

Just spent the last 3 hours attending an online training course, it was identical to last year, same slides same blurb. Total waste of time :(

That truck is causing you some grief. I would plead a faulty handle. Can't image how it would come off otherwise.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, Zoom classes delivered for the day - but now working on a data analysis piece to send off by email by 5.30pm today so under a little bit of pressure.

Busy, busy, busy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

My cousin sent me a care package....a box of assorted craft beers...... Received with gratitude!

My cousin sent me a care package....a box of assorted craft beers...... Received with gratitude!

Don't get drunk and break your right foot!

What a long, boring day. Le sigh is right.

Evening my lovelies :) How are we all this fine evening :)

Someone was very happy to see me this evening after work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Evening my lovelies :) How are we all this fine evening :)

Someone was very happy to see me this evening after work

He's very camera shy, he rarely looks down the lens :)

To thine own self be true

He's very camera shy, he rarely looks down the lens :)

Too busy for posing :D

Sleeping beauty :)

How’s the grass growing these days ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dancing in place. At coffeehouse. What else?

Advertisement