Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Homefront

Options
  • 20-03-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭

So anyone buy homefront? Any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,057 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Plenty of discussion here, including my own thoughts:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056209118&page=7

but, basically token single player, decent multiplayer, not worth full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Yer, basically what the review says but tbh i just dont play single player games any more, I try but i just can't be arsed killing non humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Um... isn't Homefront not Battlefield, but some inferior game? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,057 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote: »
    Um... isn't Homefront not Battlefield, but some inferior game?

True, but there's a lot of similarities and hence a common appeal.

Yer, basically what the review says but tbh i just dont play single player games any more, I try but i just can't be arsed killing non humans.

I'm the same now.

Considering the single player is just tacked on, the stories aren't very compelling.

I didn't clear Black Ops when I had it, and never finished BC2 either and I've over 130hours put into that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

NO no no no no!!! It's an absolutely terrible game! Even the shooting itself is awful!

It tries way too hard to be CoD, but just comes off as cheap and dated

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Pity the game isnt a bit better. The Dev's provided dedi server files, the first for an FPS game for a while, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its plays like a mix between CSS and HL2....not great but worth a look TBH, Did not even try the MP mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

TheFairy wrote: »
    Pity the game isnt a bit better. The Dev's provided dedi server files, the first for an FPS game for a while, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

did Medal of Honor (2010) have dedicated servers on console? If not does any game bar homefront have them?

Advertisement