Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

eagle eye wrote: »
    An ordinary person might be afraid to interfere in case they'd be labeled homophobic or transphobic and lose their job.

Or get a belt of a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Zorya wrote: »
    This 'Woman' attacked a young girl with a hammer but luckily the cops had their priorities straight and recorded the crime as having being committed by a woman.

The 'Woman' also happened to be an advisor to the local police on Gender, Equality and Diversity issues.

I wonder will she lose her job now?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-16-54-52.png

I was going to post that earlier, Patty, but felt it might solidify my reputation as a crank :D:D
    It is infuriating. This crime is being reported and recorded as a female crime - when it is nothing of the sort. I thought it could not possibly be that Carol Lea was a gender advisor for the police but I tracked it down earlier - they did so between 2002 and 2007, and also assisted at University as a freelance trainer discussing Gender with students at Liverpool Hope University and Wirral Hospital Trust over a number of years.

The absolute state of that picture with the hammer. The odd thing is, if one watches the video of the attack, that Carol Lea went and got the hammer really calmly from the boot. They later punched the girl so hard in the head that she had to be hospitalised. Over a fricking car parking space!!! The girl is 19, Carol is 55, this is male on female violence. Oh anyways I am truly fcuked off with this kind of sh!t.

So you pick one member of a minority that behaves in a reprehensible manner and try to paint it as an issue inherent to that minority?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

LLMMLL wrote: »
    So you pick one member of a minority that behaves in a reprehensible manner and try to paint it as an issue inherent to that minority?

The main complaint here is the classification of crimes by transgender women as ‘female’ crimes, and the poor judgment in choosing this person as an advisor and trainer on gender issues.

Have you any thoughts on that? Do you think it’s a fair concern? If she is convicted and gets a custodial sentence, do you think it’s safe for other women to be housed with her?

Might it be more useful to categorise the crime as transgender MtF? At least then it would give a good indication if violence was in fact an issue in that cohort and would arm us with the information to deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Candamir wrote: »
    The main complaint here is the classification of crimes by transgender women as ‘female’ crimes, and the poor judgment in choosing this person as an advisor and trainer on gender issues.

Have you any thoughts on that? Do you think it’s a fair concern? If she is convicted and gets a custodial sentence, do you think it’s safe for other women to be housed with her?

Might it be more useful to categorise the crime as transgender MtF? At least then it would give a good indication if violence was in fact an issue in that cohort and would arm us with the information to deal with that.

Ray Blanchard, early expert in the area, physician who way ahead of the game championed the right for adult trans people to access medical affirmation and gender reassignment, recently made the suggestion that transgender people could obtain a type of legal fiction recognition for their gender, which would mean that they could be recognised as their chosen sex for certain cases, but not for others.
    Therefore driving license as chosen sex is fine but sports participation as chosen sex is not fine, This same legal fiction could be used to make sure that crime statistics and incarceration practices do not create distortions for the biological realities.

For this suggestion he was temporarily banned from Twitter.
    This is the thread that got him banned.
    My beliefs include the following 6 elements: (1) Transsexualism and milder forms of gender dysphoria are types of mental disorder, which may leave the individual with average or even above-average functioning in unrelated areas of life.
    (2) Sex change surgery is still the best treatment for carefully screened, adult patients, whose gender dysphoria has proven resistant to other forms of treatment.
    (3) Sex change surgery should not be considered for any patient until that patient has reached the age of 21 years and has lived for at least two years in the desired gender role.
    (4) Gender dysphoria is not a sexual orientation, but it is virtually always preceded or accompanied by an atypical sexual orientation – in males, either homosexuality (sexual arousal by members of one’s own biological sex) . . .
    or autogynephilia (sexual arousal at the thought or image of oneself as a female).
    (5) There are two main types of gender dysphoria in males, one associated with homosexuality and one associated with autogynephilia. Traditionally, the great bulk of female-to-male transsexuals has been homosexual in erotic object choice.
    (6) The sex of a postoperative transsexual should be analogous to a legal fiction. This legal fiction would apply to some things (e.g., sex designation on a driver’s license) but not to others (entering a sports competition as one’s adopted sex).

This is him speakin to Benjamin Boyce yesterday. It is worth listening to, in order to understand that people are not hate filled bigots if they offer a different and in this case very informed perspective. He is a very reasonable man, a long time expert in the area and someone who has been subject to a campaign of utter villification by activists. He also says that the ''end justifies the means'' attitude being taken at the moment towards the clamp down on free speech is very alarming.

“If the science hurts your feelings, we need to suppress the science”

That seems to be about the crux of the trans activist agenda alright :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

“If the science hurts your feelings, we need to suppress the science”

That seems to be about the crux of the trans activist agenda alright :rolleyes:

Like Coke Cola and sugar related health research.

I seriously doubt crime stats are skewed by the tiny number of violent transgender people. One of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

I doubt either males or females would be safe being housed with this violent person

I seriously doubt crime stats are skewed by the tiny number of violent transgender people. One of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

I doubt either males or females would be safe being housed with this violent person

The point is that transgender groups are quick to highlight high levels of depression and suicide among their group.

Without getting into gender vs sex, in general in depression "men get mad and women get sad"... men express anger which may end up in violence.
    Whether trans women with testosterone treatment face similar issues like "roid rage"... who knows.

But altering human hormones does affect mood and we're much more susceptible to behavior from mood than we really are self aware of.

The point is that transgender groups are quick to highlight high levels of depression and suicide among their group.

Without getting into gender vs sex, in general in depression "men get mad and women get sad"... men express anger which may end up in violence.
    Whether trans women with testosterone treatment face similar issues like "roid rage"... who knows.

But altering human hormones does affect mood and we're much more susceptible to behavior from mood than we really are self aware of.

There are many groups that I could come up with a pie in the sky theory why they MIGHT be more likely to act violently than average.

Doesn't mean the police should record it in some specialized way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This 'Woman' attacked a young girl with a hammer but luckily the cops had their priorities straight and recorded the crime as having being committed by a woman.

The 'Woman' also happened to be an advisor to the local police on Gender, Equality and Diversity issues.

I wonder will she lose her job now?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-16-54-52.png

Hopefully if she is sentenced to prison, she will not do as a recent transsexual did, flash her erect penis at staff and prisoners and go on t to rape a female prisoner.

I miss the days when the Left was not dominated by crazy middle class kids.

• Advertisement

There are many groups that I could come up with a pie in the sky theory why they MIGHT be more likely to act violently than average.

Doesn't mean the police should record it in some specialized way.

It's not a pie in the sky theory though.
    The trans community are saying they are more vulnerable to depression and suicide.
    In any population segment that statistically means more aggression, even if it's just passive aggression like the constant reporting of posts here, Twitter etc. And that definitely polarizes opinions

The trans community are saying they are more vulnerable to depression and suicide.
    In any population segment that statistically means more aggression

Can you link to the statistics please

Can you not Google them yourself?
    Here's a sample.

https ://www .psychiatrictimes .com/special-reports/depressive-symptoms-associated-aggression

I think I originally read it on psychology today, with the headline "men get mad women get sad" about different approaches to depression based on sex.

Can you not Google them yourself?
    Here's a sample.

https ://www .psychiatrictimes .com/special-reports/depressive-symptoms-associated-aggression

I think I originally read it on psychology today, with the headline "men get mad women get sad" about different approaches to depression based on sex.

" Authors of the study emphasized, however, that the overwhelming majority of depressed people are neither violent nor criminal, and should not be stigmatized."

But hey, when it's trans people let's get the police to record their crimes as a special category.

But hey, when it's trans people let's get the police to record their crimes as a special category.

Yes, trans peoples crimes should be recorded separately or in the sex of their birth because to do otherwise undermines criminological research and policy making. Criminology is an important study which cannot be undermined. Even if the numbers are small, the rape statistics for example would be among the first to be skewed. Women do rape, that is for sure and it is under-reported, which is a disgrace. But they rape differently - they do not rape with their own penises.

How about medical records? Keeping a record of biological facts?

A transman's child was delivered stillborn recently because they were recorded as being male on their hospital records. Therefore when they presented in emergency with severe abdominal pain they were not triaged fast enough as the staff did not suspect they were pregnant.
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/05/15/health/ap-us-med-pregnant-man.html

What is one supposed to do? Test all men and women for possible pregnancy in emergency rooms? Is it not far more sensible to recognise biological realities, use legal fictions for the purpose of protecting basic rights, but not push to and over the boundaries of idiocy in an attempt to be politically correct?

And “sure there’s only a few of them” is one of the most ridiculous reasons I’ve ever heard for purposely miscatagorise a population for statistical records.

And “sure there’s only a few of them” is one of the most ridiculous reasons I’ve ever heard for purposely miscatagorise a population for statistical records.

"purposely miscategorize" is your opinion. As far as I'm concerned it is not a case of male on female violence.

"purposely miscategorize" is your opinion. As far as I'm concerned it is not a case of male on female violence.

It’s not my opinion. It should be categorised as trans MtF violent crime. Then there won’t be any skewing of stats, and authorities will know where to best channel resources. Everyone is a winner. (Apart from the victim of the hammer crime obvs)

Yes, trans peoples crimes should be recorded separately or in the sex of their birth because to do otherwise undermines criminological research and policy making. Criminology is an important study which cannot be undermined. Even if the numbers are small, the rape statistics for example would be among the first to be skewed. Women do rape, that is for sure and it is under-reported, which is a disgrace. But they rape differently - they do not rape with their own penises.

And you know this difference is of criminological interest......how?

Did the trans woman who attacked with the hammer attack in a different way than a cis man or cis woman with a hammer did?

How about medical records? Keeping a record of biological facts?

A transman's child was delivered stillborn recently because they were recorded as being male on their hospital records. Therefore when they presented in emergency with severe abdominal pain they were not triaged fast enough as the staff did not suspect they were pregnant.
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/05/15/health/ap-us-med-pregnant-man.html

What is one supposed to do? Test all men and women for possible pregnancy in emergency rooms? Is it not far more sensible to recognise biological realities, use legal fictions for the purpose of protecting basic rights, but not push to and over the boundaries of idiocy in an attempt to be politically correct?

Did you even read the article you posted? It doesn't support you at all. Here are some relevant quotes:
    "He was rightly classified as a man" in the medical records and appears masculine, Stroumsa said. "But that classification threw us off from considering his actual medical needs."
    The 32-year-old patient told the nurse he was transgender when he arrived at the emergency room
    A home pregnancy test was positive and he said he had "peed himself" — a possible sign of ruptured membranes and labor. A nurse ordered a pregnancy test but considered him stable and his problems non-urgent.

You can keep reading to the end yourself.

The nurse was fully aware that he was a trans man with a positive pregnancy test. It was HER BIAS that is being criticized in the article.

Whether there was an official record of the sex he was assigned at birth would have made ZERO difference.

It’s not my opinion. It should be categorised as trans MtF violent crime. Then there won’t be any skewing of stats, and authorities will know where to best channel resources. Everyone is a winner. (Apart from the victim of the hammer crime obvs)

It is of course your opinion. The attack was a female on female crime and has been recorded as such.

And neither you nor Zorya have shown any evidence that resources need to be funnelled to trans woman crime against cis women. It's a really bizarre notion.

• Advertisement

If only we had a robust way of collecting this kind of statistical data:rolleyes:

It is of course your opinion. The attack was a female on female crime and has been recorded as such.

And neither you nor Zorya have shown any evidence that resources need to be funnelled to trans woman crime against cis women. It's a really bizarre notion.

Nobody mentioned funnelling resources to ‘trans woman crime against cis women’.
    Having robust and meaningful statistics is a well established method at assessing needs and future needs of s population. It’s not something I made up yesterday.

Why are you so against meaningful statistics in this area?

And if you can’t see why this crime is not a straightforward ‘female on female attack’, then you are clearly sadly blinded by your own bias.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's an equally bizarre notion to describe it as a female on female crime, but we are through the looking glass on this score.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Did the trans woman who attacked with the hammer attack in a different way than a cis man or cis woman with a hammer did?

Did you even read the article you posted? It doesn't support you at all. Here are some relevant quotes:

The 32-year-old patient told the nurse he was transgender when he arrived at the emergency room

The nurse was fully aware that he was a trans man with a positive pregnancy test. It was HER BIAS that is being criticized in the article.

Whether there was an official record of the sex he was assigned at birth would have made ZERO difference.

The patient was not treated fast enough. Because they were considered initially to be male. As per records and presentation. Fast enough is the issue. The delay resulted in the baby's death.

If a transwoman rapes a woman you want it recorded as female on female crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The attack was a female on female crime and has been recorded as such.

I'm kind of curious. If Donald Trump declared himself to be female tomorrow, would you consider him/her to be the first female president of the United States?

I would have classified the crime as transgender female on female crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My young fella says he wants to be a fish? What rights do trans-fish have? Will he be accepted as a fish by the other fish? Will people accept that he is now a fish? Will he be able to swim naked wherever he wants and sleep naked wherever he wants?
    I'm thinking of bringing him to see a psychiatrist but I don't want to be considered transphobic.

The patient was not treated fast enough. Because they were considered initially to be male. As per records and presentation. Fast enough is the issue. The delay resulted in the baby's death.

The patient informed the nurse of both being a trans man and having a positive pregnancy test. And presented with typical symptoms. Are you saying that if the nurse saw on the patients record that they were trans the outcome would have been different, even though the patient personally informed the nurse of this??? Can you expand on what difference this would have made?

Nobody mentioned funnelling resources to ‘trans woman crime against cis women’.
    Having robust and meaningful statistics is a well established method at assessing needs and future needs of s population. It’s not something I made up yesterday.

Why are you so against meaningful statistics in this area?

And if you can’t see why this crime is not a straightforward ‘female on female attack’, then you are clearly sadly blinded by your own bias.

Because you have yet to show that the statistics are meaningful.

• Advertisement

Because you have yet to show that the statistics are meaningful.

That is a truly dumb argument! Statistics are used in all walk of life to measure, plan, record etc etc. This is not new. If they were of no use, millions of people around the world would have stopped collecting them decades ago.

Then again, difficult to show statistics are meaningful when you don’t want them to be collected in the first place.

What are you afraid of??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement