Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

• 25-02-2019 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Looking for peoples' opinions on this new development, please. No showhouse to see yet but they're selling a limited number of three-beds off plans, and in theory we are very interested and thinking of putting a deposit down. The developer has a similar estate in Balbriggan (Taylor Hill) - we've seen that showhouse and really liked it.

We're first-time buyers so would appreciate input on some quick questions:

- Is 330k good value for a three-bed semi-d, 1235 sq ft?

- Should we be haggling for stuff like white goods being included?

- Any other major things to be asking the agent that we're not thinking of?

- Is Rush generally a good area for a young family? We have some concerns about childcare and school availability as the area's population gets bigger (Knightsgate will have 120 new houses when finished).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hi everyone,

Looking for peoples' opinions on this new development, please. No showhouse to see yet but they're selling a limited number of three-beds off plans, and in theory we are very interested and thinking of putting a deposit down. The developer has a similar estate in Balbriggan (Taylor Hill) - we've seen that showhouse and really liked it.

- Is Rush generally a good area for a young family? We have some concerns about childcare and school availability as the area's population gets bigger (Knightsgate will have 120 new houses when finished).

Thanks!

Rush is a lovely spot. Been living here for nearly 4 years and can’t praise it highly enough. Nice sense of community and should be perfect for raising a family.

I was interested in Knightsgate when it was announced as well but I wouldn’t buy off the plans (purely because saw a lot of people get burned with this in the past). I would say the next wave (once they’ve a show house) will be more expensive though. What’s good value is very subjective but it’s a decent size house in a nice area so I would consider it to be a fair price at the moment. I would still want to see a show house before committing but again, that may just be me.

I don’t think you’d have much luck getting white goods included but you can find a good deal if you buy them all from one retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Rush is a lovely spot. Been living here for nearly 4 years and can’t praise it highly enough. Nice sense of community and should be perfect for raising a family.

I was interested in Knightsgate when it was announced as well but I wouldn’t buy off the plans (purely because saw a lot of people get burned with this in the past). I would say the next wave (once they’ve a show house) will be more expensive though. What’s good value is very subjective but it’s a decent size house in a nice area so I would consider it to be a fair price at the moment. I would still want to see a show house before committing but again, that may just be me.

I don’t think you’d have much luck getting white goods included but you can find a good deal if you buy them all from one retailer.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, we're not crazy about buying off plans either, but we're using the Help to Buy scheme and this development is one of the few within our budget and somewhere we think we want to live, so we might have to bite the bullet... And as you said, the agent told us that the next phase will be more expensive.

Good to hear that Rush is a good place to raise kids, though. We've spoken to a few people and haven't heard a single negative thing about it so far.

Someone mentioned the possibility of putting down a deposit but not signing any contracts until we see the actual showhouse (which is meant to be available from next month) - which I'd be happier abiut. We'll ask the agent about this obviously, but is this generally a done thing? Should we push for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Looking at the same development/area so very interested in this.

So the show house for these was open at the weekend. Looked very good.

https://www.thejournal.ie/knightsgate-rush-homes-glenveagh-4554147-Mar2019/

So the show house for these was open at the weekend. Looked very good.

https://www.thejournal.ie/knightsgate-rush-homes-glenveagh-4554147-Mar2019/

Yeah, we went to see the showhouse last week and were very impressed. They seem to be coming along quite quickly. Impressed by the size of the kitchen/dining room in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I saw these in The Journal and they look fab! Best of luck to you guys :)

I saw these in The Journal and they look fab! Best of luck to you guys :)

Well, pending full mortgage approval! But even with a cycle to and from the train station, I think it works for me.

So we went ahead with one of these. Anyone else round here looking at them?

Looks like ready in August. Initially they kept saying May/June - goes to show! August/Sept suits us better anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Yeah we've purchased one in Knightsgate Crescent, had been saying end of June / early July but I won't be too upset if it's pushed back as some more time to save won't kill us

Yeah we've purchased one in Knightsgate Crescent, had been saying end of June / early July but I won't be too upset if it's pushed back as some more time to save won't kill us

We're Knightsgate Crescent also. Last week EA said to us Aug anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

So we went ahead with one of these. Anyone else round here looking at them?

Looks like ready in August. Initially they kept saying May/June - goes to show! August/Sept suits us better anyway.

We also bought here! Estate agent told us at weekend theyll be ready in July, similarly august/september suits us better too!

We also bought here! Estate agent told us at weekend theyll be ready in July, similarly august/september suits us better too!

Cool. We haven't checked in since, so every chance the date might have adjusted to July.

Just wondering if anyone else in this development has gotten any more updates/dates?

Thanks

Hi Ted,

Also waiting on an update, our solicitor has formally requested completion date. They're dragging their heels but hopefully should hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

This builder just sold most of the housing stock in Taylor Hill and an estate in Donabate to Irish Reits so be careful they don't do the same in Rush.

There are a lot of second hand houses that are lower in price that you can put your stamp on. Maybe have a look there. You could get a lot for 330k.

Hi Ted,

Also waiting on an update, our solicitor has formally requested completion date. They're dragging their heels but hopefully should hear soon.

I'd also be very interested to know! If you hear, keep us posted please

I got onto the foreman earlier asking so hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow, I'll post up if so

I got onto the foreman earlier asking so hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow, I'll post up if so

cool - would love to hear.

Had a response saying they are expecting an update on timeline today so hopefully hear something later on

Actually got a small update there that we should be called in about 3wks to snag. Not really sure what that means...

• Advertisement

I'd the same, that means it's built in 3 weeks and you get your snagger in to check for issues and should be good to go 21 days later. See ya soon neighbour!

I'd the same, that means it's built in 3 weeks and you get your snagger in to check for issues and should be good to go 21 days later. See ya soon neighbour!

Cool. Sooner than I expected!

Thanks for this info! Much sooner than expected 😊

Just on this. Our solicitor has been pressing the solicitor on the other side for a completion date and they won't give any. Yet Glenveagh themsleves sent that update about snagging?

Not sure, think if their solicitors note it then it becomes more binding so they'll avoid that until closer to the time

yeah, makes sense.

Hopefully the Glenveagh update isn't too far off. Nightmare coordinating childcare and getting out of our current place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has received any further information regarding completion dates? Last I was told was End Aug/ Beginning September. This date originally started out as July when we initially put the booking deposit down...

Just trying to juggle giving notice to our landlord and when the completion date would be :/

Dommi1 wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering if anyone has received any further information regarding completion dates? Last I was told was End Aug/ Beginning September. This date originally started out as July when we initially put the booking deposit down...

Just trying to juggle giving notice to our landlord and when the completion date would be :/

Hey - in the same boat. No real update other than roughly sometime in July for snagging and then ready probably in August. Tricky for us with childcare to sort also.

We were up on Sat and the last houses looked pretty close to finish.

Hi everyone,

We're starting to look at floors and appliances etc. and want to order soon. Has anyone else done the same?

We were up in the showhouse recently and took some measurements, but I'm wondering if anyone knows whether most integrated appliances in such new builds are standard sized (literally don't have a clue about this stuff!)?

For example, the measurement I took for the oven was 600 x 480mm, but looking at appliances on most websites, ovens generally seem to be 600 x 600mm. Or does it simply depend on the brand? Just don't want to order a load of stuff only to find it's too big/small when it comes to installing it.

• Advertisement

There's a wooden panel above the oven that can be removed to accommodate a standard double oven according to the foreman

Advertisement