Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

I find it interesting that SEA BROOK has Virgin Media! So there is hope!

Would you mind me asking where you got this information from? I have asked one of my friends who lives there and he said that Virgin was not available there?

I mean - I do hope you are right here but if you are just going by data from websites like bonkers.ie etc then even our addresses in Knightsgate show as available for Virgin. (or at least they did a few months ago when I have last checked)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eggy 30

Hi,

Can I just ask if anybody else has any issue with the toilet being to close to the sink in the downstairs bathroom. I'm only 5"11 but when I sit on the toilet, my knees hit the sink pedestal, does anybody else have this issue?

Seems like a very bad design as there is plenty of space if they had just moved the sink another foot closer to the door.

Eggy 30 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I just ask if anybody else has any issue with the toilet being to close to the sink in the downstairs bathroom. I'm only 5"11 but when I sit on the toilet, my knees hit the sink pedestal, does anybody else have this issue?

Seems like a very bad design as there is plenty of space if they had just moved the sink another foot closer to the door.

They are designed for bad cases of stomach flu ;-)

On a more serious side, I was exactly the same at first. Builders said it was some regulation. something to do with making sure the bathroom is wheelchair accessible which makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eggy 30

Haha, it might come in handy tomorrow morning so :)

Fair enough though, at least there is a reason for it instead of it just being a design flaw. Pity they didn't just extend the bathroom one extra foot into the utility room to avoid this though.

Thinking I might get rid of the pedestal and turn it into a floating sink in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

tkrysiak wrote: »
    Would you mind me asking where you got this information from? I have asked one of my friends who lives there and he said that Virgin was not available there?

I mean - I do hope you are right here but if you are just going by data from websites like bonkers.ie etc then even our addresses in Knightsgate show as available for Virgin. (or at least they did a few months ago when I have last checked)

Yea guess my information is wrong! It was indeed bonkers... I have a friend who owns an ISP and checking if he can get some info and fix me up, if I do indeed put a deposit down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Fifi_leahy83

Hi all,

My husband and I are just about to put a deposit on one of the 4 bedroom houses and we were just wondering how everyone's finding living in Rush? Does anyone commute to the city? How are you finding the houses in Knightsgate? Would appreciate any advice at all.

Thank you! ��

Hi all,

My husband and I are just about to put a deposit on one of the 4 bedroom houses and we were just wondering how everyone's finding living in Rush? Does anyone commute to the city? How are you finding the houses in Knightsgate? Would appreciate any advice at all.

Thank you! ��

just a tl;dr answer:
    - Rush is a great community
    - Houses are great if you are lucky - some do suffer from leaks/blocked drains and other building fuxx ups...
    - Commute is an issue as north Dublin county communities keep growing bigger so it puts a lot of strain on public transport. You have one Fingal express a day from Rush which is nearly full, 33X you can get a seat in Rush but just barely, DART you will be stuck standing on a packed cattle train

Overall: go for it but the public transport needs a long term solution as it is at max capacity as it is so do not expect much in that area...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

just a tl;dr answer:
    - Rush is a great community
    - Houses are great if you are lucky - some do suffer from leaks/blocked drains and other building fuxx ups...
    - Commute is an issue as north Dublin county communities keep growing bigger so it puts a lot of strain on public transport. You have one Fingal express a day from Rush which is nearly full, 33X you can get a seat in Rush but just barely, DART you will be stuck standing on a packed cattle train

Overall: go for it but the public transport needs a long term solution as it is at max capacity as it is so do not expect much in that area...

Agree with all of this.
    The commute is a real pain, but the area is great and the houses - so far - are good.
    A small bugbear, but Rush itself maybe needs a decent cafe, even restaurant. At the min it's just Skinny Batch takeaway, nowhere to sit really or take kids into apart from The Strand.
    That may come with the influx of people, but apart from that it's great. Nice people and great for walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Ditto - it's such a pity that there's no cafes or casual restaurants in Rush, considering the number of empty premises on the main street. You have to go to Lusk or Skerries if you want somewhere to sit down with a coffee.

Another thing is that there is no broadband available in the estate and no timeline on when it will be available.

Otherwise, love living in Rush so far! Looking forward to the summer when it'll be nicer to walk in the park and spend time on the beach, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dice02

Hi all,

Happy New Year to you all!!
    I am a resident of the new estate since September and have couple of things that I would like to ask/let you know:
    - I have called Virgin Media in connection to the broadband line. They have raised a case for me and advised that if more residents will ring and open cases for Knightsgate things might move quicker for all of us. Please call Virgin Media and ask for Sales Dept should you like to open a case.
    - Does anybody know who looks after servicing the heating system? I know we have couple of years warranty , however no one mentioned anything about service of the system to us, how often needs to be done as the system is always on?
    - Also, does anybody knows what and who do we need to talk to about getting a playground in the estate? I think we need one for the kids as there is none in the proximity.
    Any thoughts are welcomed. Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

@Dice02 I definitely think we should somehow get a request in for a playground. There will be quite a large amount of kids in the estate once everyone is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

I've just had the guys over to fix our plumbing/ drains as they were all blocked. We even have a sewredge smell coming from the drains in our garden. When I asked the guy if the problem was solved he accused me of flushing 'too many' wipes and this is what is causing the problem. Our family dosn't use wipes at all and even if we did we would not flush them.

I have spoken to a few of our neighbors and they have said they've been accused of the exact same thing. I'm getting a bit worried that they didnt set the plumbing up properly or made a mistake somewhere and are now looking for an easy way to pass the buck.

Has anyone else had an issue like this or know who to go to? The problem is in no way solved and ourdrains are all still overflowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

We'd some minor issues with the outside drains and they came out and cleared them out, think my wife said something about them mentioning wipes which we also don't use.

We also had a note in the door yesterday saying they would be entering to do some work on the drains so may be an issue all over, better get solved if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 louni31

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any updates/information in relation to the next phase of the 4 beds? Particularly anyone already resident on the estate - early December it looked as if there were nearly good to go from the outside....

Thanks - this thread has been very useful in terms of info!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Dice02 wrote: »

- I have called Virgin Media in connection to the broadband line. They have raised a case for me and advised that if more residents will ring and open cases for Knightsgate things might move quicker for all of us. Please call Virgin Media and ask for Sales Dept should you like to open a case.

I rang them this evening and opened a case. They said they would arrange for an engineer to come out to the area to check the feasibility and after that then it will come down to the amount of interest. I'll update here if I hear anything back but I would also encourage everyone to get onto the Sales Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Folks, any update on broadband?

If not, existing residents should make a complaint to eir. Eir have an obligation to provide fixed line telephone services under Section 3 of SI336 of 2011. First step is make a formal complaint regarding their failure to comply with that, seeking a timeframe for resolution. Then if that complaint is not resolved, make a complaint to Comreg.

The reality of the situation is that if they install the phone line cabling, that will be connected to the broadband cabinet.

If not, existing residents should make a complaint to eir. Eir have an obligation to provide fixed line telephone services under Section 3 of SI336 of 2011. First step is make a formal complaint regarding their failure to comply with that, seeking a timeframe for resolution. Then if that complaint is not resolved, make a complaint to Comreg.

The reality of the situation is that if they install the phone line cabling, that will be connected to the broadband cabinet.

They may be waiting for the whole estate to be completed? I hope this is the case!

They may be waiting for the whole estate to be completed? I hope this is the case!

They shouldn't be. Eir are pretty much noncompliant in everything they do. Threatening them with comreg is required so often. I used to work for another provider where Eir were the wholesalers, nightmare

They shouldn't be. Eir are pretty much noncompliant in everything they do. Threatening them with comreg is required so often. I used to work for another provider where Eir were the wholesalers, nightmare

Im hoping to put down a deposit on the 3 beds, so i would like to be proactive. :) What do we need to do? :)

Im hoping to put down a deposit on the 3 beds, so i would like to be proactive. :) What do we need to do? :)

Not a whole lot you can do until you're moved in and have requested an install unfortunately

• Advertisement

Thanks, this is useful info - I've made a complaint to Eir with it and given them 14 days to come back.

I've also followed up with the Broadband Officer in Fingal County Council making him aware of it (he's also failed to come back with a response of any sort).

I've done up a template for a complaint if other people want to copy and paste. The more people who do it, the better.

You can log the complaint via email here: https://www.eir.ie/complaints

Here's the link to the Act of 2011 mentioned above: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2011/si/336/made/en/pdf

As a resident of the Knightsgate estate in Rush, Co. Dublin, I have been consistently ignored in my attempts to obtain a timeline for a broadband connection over the past four months.

I am aware that the Broadband Officer in Fingal County Council has also liaised with you, to no avail. We have been fobbed off several times with claims that 'work is underway on site' and that 'the sub-duct work is assigned with the cable and splice to follow.' Yet there is still no timeline on availability.

This is simply not good enough.

I am amongst many people living in Knightsgate who work from home and rely on a stable broadband connection for work. Not only is your refusal to engage with residents and resolve this issue frustrating, but it is having a negative impact on my career.

I am now logging an official complaint regarding your failure to comply with Section 3 of SI336 of the Act of 2011 - http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2011/si/336/made/en/pdf

You are obligated to 'provide fixed line telephone services' under this act, and you are not fulfilling this obligation.

I intend to escalate this complaint to Comreg within 14 days if you do not provide a timeframe for this situation to be resolved.

Yours,

Has anyone asked the developer the status??

Only the developer can liaise with OpenEir who provides the connection to the estate.

Has anyone asked the developer the status??

Only the developer can liaise with OpenEir who provides the connection to the estate.

Unfortunately the developer has washed their hands of it and say that it's up to OpenEir to make the decision - and that they won't confirm a date with them, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

Hi Everyone,
    Was considering buying a house in knights gate.
    Just wonder what's the commute like for anyone working in the city centre.
    Is the traffic bad on the Rush to Lusk road in the mornings?
    And similare question , is the Lusk to M1 road busy in the mornings? Just wondering as I'm aware these roads are basically "country" roads.

What's the train and bus route like also?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Diddykong666

oreilly94 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Was considering buying a house in knights gate.
    Just wonder what's the commute like for anyone working in the city centre.
    Is the traffic bad on the Rush to Lusk road in the mornings?
    And similare question , is the Lusk to M1 road busy in the mornings? Just wondering as I'm aware these roads are basically "country" roads.

What's the train and bus route like also?

Thanks in advance

My partner and I moved in Saturday 11th so have had 1 full week of commuting. I work in Dublin 15 and drive, she works in Eastpoint and takes public transport.
    For me its taken between 32 and 38 minutes to get out there in the morning, leaving the estate between 0700 and 0745h, and a similar time to get home in the evening leaving D15 around 1730-1800h.
    For her she has tried a number of things, train seems solid at about an hour into the city - keeping in mind its about 3km away from our estate, she has cycled to the train and left the bike there. A better option seems to be the Fingal Express or the 33 bus which departs from the Tesco (5 min walk from estate) and goes straight in to town - on a good day it can get in there in about 35 mins.

So a little update on the broadband... I've been told that the development has been wired for Virgin Media to each house (from the property agency) The estate won't be connected for another 3 to 4 months supposedly until all the construction is finished.

Now I take this with a pinch of salt until I see firm evidence... I also have a case with Virgin Media as they want to get a line in.

So a little update on the broadband... I've been told that the development has been wired for Virgin Media to each house (from the property agency) The estate won't be connected for another 3 to 4 months supposedly until all the construction is finished.

Now I take this with a pinch of salt until I see firm evidence... I also have a case with Virgin Media as they want to get a line in.

...do not mean to burst your bubble but Virgin has no broadband services in Rush. I went to their website and checked addresses from each local estate - nothing...

We will more than likely get Eir to cable it at some point allowing us to use Eir/Sky adsl. Be warned though - local exchanges are old (hence Skerries/Rush being a dead zone with no SIRO or Virgin)
    I used to live in Skerries and getting 10-14mb broadband was pretty much the top capability of local infrastructure...

...do not mean to burst your bubble but Virgin has no broadband services in Rush. I went to their website and checked addresses from each local estate - nothing...

We will more than likely get Eir to cable it at some point allowing us to use Eir/Sky adsl. Be warned though - local exchanges are old (hence Skerries/Rush being a dead zone with no SIRO or Virgin)
    I used to live in Skerries and getting 10-14mb broadband was pretty much the top capability of local infrastructure...

So I wonder what the estate agent is saying to each applicant that the houses are wired for Virgin Media....

I also understand that Virgin don't have any services in rush :) just repeating what was told to me.

So I wonder what the estate agent is saying to each applicant that the houses are wired for Virgin Media....

I also understand that Virgin don't have any services in rush :) just repeating what was told to me.

Yeah, hence my reply - do not want people who look for information here to get a wrong picture. I am quite sure I was told the same about Virgin but was stupid enough not to check further than bonkers.ie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

The houses are wired for Virgin, there's a box on the side of the house. God knows why given they don't seem to service Rush at all but they are wired

Advertisement