Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this isn't available any more?
    Not at the sale price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

dodzy wrote: »
    Not at the sale price

Any recommendations on what the best bang for buck is right now ?

Can somebody help me - please.

I’m having an issue with the adaptive brightness on my laptop. I cannot find how to disable it. It keeps dimming and getting brighter in different scenarios.

I’ve searched on the Lenovo website, I’ve checked the Microsoft website. I’ve googled and googled and no answer. I’ve double checked all the drivers.

I have no option available to me in the Display settings or even the Power settings (which one website suggests) to disable it.

The picture will show that I possibly should have an option to switch it off but on my laptop/windows 10 pro - I don’t.

Try method two here:
    https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/how-to-enable-or-disable-adaptive-brightness-in-windows-10/

If not that, there is a thread here on how to fix it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Win10-Pro-Adaptive-Brightness/td-p/4395245

very unimpressed with UPS tracking

was to be delivered Wednesday, then tomorrow, now saying next Wednesday

defeats the purpose of having tracking at all

and obviously no way to contact them to complain

its an industry that badly needs a shakeup tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

very unimpressed with UPS tracking

was to be delivered Wednesday, then tomorrow, now saying next Wednesday

defeats the purpose of having tracking at all

and obviously no way to contact them to complain

its an industry that badly needs a shakeup tbh

Ya it's a funny one the detailed timeline is allover the place too. They also had delivery for Tuesday when I checked it last night, now no expected delivery date. ðŸ˜
    Others on this thread seemed to receive it early so not too bothered here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

With anyone concerned about UPS, i'd call them.

I had the same issue last week. It arrived in Dublin and then the tracking said there was an "Emergency Situation". I had to call them and eventually got my package.

The issue was that, although Lenovo had printed my entire address on the package, including Eircode, when it arrived at UPS someone covered it over with a UPS label that had just my name and "Blanchardstown" as my address. No street name, no Eircode, just "Blanchardstown".

The UPS label didn't have my phone number on it either so they probably wouldn't have called me (the Lenovo label did). They might have sent the package back, i'm not sure.

It took a couple of days extra to get my package because I had "Requested an address change" but I got it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

UPS labelling can be a bit dodgy alright. I've had issues with packages being misdirected due to my full address not being on their label, despite been provided it by the sender. UPS also don't use eircodes.

You'll be waiting a long time to get through on the phone, tweet them and you'll get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I emailed UPS after a couple of delays and got a reply from them (the day after delivery :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

Has anyone seen their Expected Ship date change for the better - i.e sooner?
    Mine isn't due to ship until the 31st May - ordered off UK site, originally with metal palm rest.

yes, mine originally jumped forward by overva week vs the original estimate, but has been moving out every few days since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

glog wrote: »
    Has anyone seen their Expected Ship date change for the better - i.e sooner?
    Mine isn't due to ship until the 31st May - ordered off UK site, originally with metal palm rest.

I ordered off the UK site too on April 25th. Original shipping date way May 28th. It changed to May 25th for a while and this week it went back to May 28th. I don't mind. I'm in no rush for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xDerp

Mine jumped forward a couple of weeks and was due on the 19th. Last sighting was Shanghai on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

https://www.mydealz.de/deals/lenovo-ideapad-3-15-zoll-amd-ryzen-5-4500u-8gb-ram-256gb-nvme-ssd-ips-panel-1591052

The Lenovo Ideapad 3 is available on their German site.

Can use mygermany.com for shipping which is down as 6 weeks expected time.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

sibersha wrote: »
    https://www.mydealz.de/deals/lenovo-ideapad-3-15-zoll-amd-ryzen-5-4500u-8gb-ram-256gb-nvme-ssd-ips-panel-1591052

Good price but the German keyboard would be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sibersha wrote: »

It might appear on the Irish site tomorrow ,Germany seems to be the first region in Europe that they add new models.

Just to continue my saga, laptop is doing a tour of Asia, it's currently in Korea. Expected date of delivery the coming Wednesday. It will probably be in Malaysia tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Just to continue my saga, laptop is doing a tour of Asia, it's currently in Korea. Expected date of delivery the coming Wednesday. It will probably be in Malaysia tomorrow :D

The true beauty of BA. Again you actually receive it, you will have totally forgotten ordering in the first place, And then...surprise! For me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard, very few go above 300 nits of brightness and you are stuck with a tn panel.

Will probably spend a bit extra and go for the Yoga Line.

Whatever about the brightness they are IPS

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Jlayay wrote: »
    The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard, very few go above 300 nits of brightness and you are stuck with a tn panel.

That's about the worst effort at trolling I've seen. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard

dos29 wrote: »
    That's about the worst effort at trolling I've seen. :rolleyes:

May not be trolling, maybe he just hangs around with people who know nothing or perhaps due to social distancing he misheard, rather than heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Well you cant get this model for now even if you want to so better off getting the Yoga or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

May not be trolling, maybe he just hangs around with people who know nothing or perhaps due to social distancing he misheard, rather than heard.

Have a quick look at post history for them.
    I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

dos29 wrote: »
    Have a quick look at post history for them.
    I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

I too doubt you are wrong m8, I was kinda detrolling, untrolling or was it retrolling?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭chrisd2019

I suspect my own laptop is sharing a pallet with your one. Delivery now delayed until Friday, but still appears to be in Korea though.
    Anyway still have 3 weeks to go to meet the original delivery date of over 6 weeks from order date :)
    Hopefully they do not use Fastway for the last leg!

ha

mine was in dubai yesterday, due here friday also

im not holding out any hope tbh

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    I suspect my own laptop is sharing a pallet with your one. Delivery now delayed until Friday, but still appears to be in Korea though.
    Anyway still have 3 weeks to go to meet the original delivery date of over 6 weeks from order date :)
    Hopefully they do not use Fastway for the last leg!

:o you had a six week timeline for delivery when you ordered?
    I actually emailed UPS as I was worried the label was damaged or something. They were not forthcoming, just said it was delayed on the 22nd May and its still in transit. Thanks! :D Sadly I need the laptop for work, my current one is on its last legs.

:o you had a six week timeline for delivery when you ordered?
    I actually emailed UPS as I was worried the label was damaged or something. They were not forthcoming, just said it was delayed on the 22nd May and its still in transit. Thanks! :D Sadly I need the laptop for work, my current one is on its last legs.

Yes 6 week timeline as it is not the original offer, but one with windows preinstalled and a second harddrive also. Am not under much pressure regarding delivery though, but would be nice to have it seeing as they have taken payment allready.

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Yes 6 week timeline as it is not the original offer, but one with windows preinstalled and a second harddrive also. Am not under much pressure regarding delivery though, but would be nice to have it seeing as they have taken payment allready.

Ah ok mine was 2-3 weeks when I ordered, gone a bit beyond that now. I missed the free-dos version by a few hours, but got the rewards shop discount as well as the discount code, so I'm very happy it's an amazing laptop spec for the price

• Advertisement

Ah ok mine was 2-3 weeks when I ordered, gone a bit beyond that now. I missed the free-dos version by a few hours, but got the rewards shop discount as well as the discount code, so I'm very happy it's an amazing laptop spec for the price

Hopefully we both get to spend the weekend enjoying our Friday delivery :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement