Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie O'Sullivan - Road to 1,000 Centuries!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I've got tickets for 3 second round matches and a quarter-final in Sheffield, so maybe...just maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

992!

993!

1000 could be this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Should be 995 if he didn't purposely foul twice already. Yeah, if he goes far this week he should get to 1000, but maybe he's trying to save it for an ITV event next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Should be 995 if he didn't purposely foul twice already. Yeah, if he goes far this week he should get to 1000, but maybe he's trying to save it for an ITV event next month.

Didn't he say somewhere he'd prefer to do it on Eurosport? I know not as many viewers there.

• Advertisement

Should be 996. He just wasted a blue there for a century. Blasted it for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Looks like he's turning down the centuries today

Hes turned down 3 centuries in the last 2 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Didn't he say somewhere he'd prefer to do it on Eurosport? I know not as many viewers there.
    After this tournament he won't be on Eurosport until the World Championship. Players and Tour events on ITV and I don't think he's entering the China Open.

He was on the Beeb there and Willie asked him why hes not making centuries as he could do 1000 this week and he said "nah Im not doing it here Ive something special planned" but then said he was joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

It looks very suspicious like he’s got some some ulterior motive but then how to know with ronnie? Also said he was more focused on punditry than playing this week and think I can believe that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

The Nal wrote: »
    He was on the Beeb there and Willie asked him why hes not making centuries as he could do 1000 this week and he said "nah Im not doing it here Ive something special planned" but then said he was joking.

He's clearly holding back knocking them in at this point, I'd say he wants to do it at a Eurosport event or else something much more prestigious than the Welsh Open. Wouldn't put it past him to announce retirement when he does it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭ Rory Fast Tailpipe

We'll have to wait a little longer for the 1,000 centuries as O'Sullivan exits the Welsh Open, losing 4-2 to world number 71 Alexander Ursenbacher.

Lovely piece/tribute to Ronnie here, starts about a minute in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Watched that a couple of times since December. It's very good, but I was amazed that Mark King manages to be such a prick in a tribute video.

haha

996!

Looked this morning and books were going 10/1 ronnie to reach his 1000th at this tournament. Left it and feeling pretty grim right now!

Looked this morning and books were going 10/1 ronnie to reach his 1000th at this tournament. Left it and feeling pretty grim right now!

Said just there he may save it for Shanghai next season. "The promoter is quite a cool guy out there".

• Advertisement

Said just there he may save it for Shanghai next season. "The promoter is quite a cool guy out there".

Sick of been asked about it i guess, not first time this week he’s talked such absolute sh!t to jill douglas who is only trying to do her job.

Sick of been asked about it i guess, not first time this week he’s talked such absolute sh!t to jill douglas who is only trying to do her job.

I think he sees her as a crap Hazel Irvine.

I think he sees her as a crap Hazel Irvine.

Could be alright. Also think he prefers the “bantz” with andy and jimmy on eurosport these days, these commentators and their straight questions just bore him a bit i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Happened to switch on the TV mid-break. Was great to see it happening live.

thought it was refreshing to see Ronnie enjoying it and acknowledging it in his interview afterwards. Was hoping he wouldn't just brush over it as usual!

Such a divisive character is Ronnie. Only this week I was berating him for the way he reacted to some questionable referee and official work (whether right or wrong, the way Ronnie reacted was still wrong imo). But then he goes and brings the absolute house down with a historic 1000th century, to win a tournament in devastating fashion, and spoke so nicely about Neil afterwards...it was absolutely brilliant what he done yesterday evening, and I'm glad that moment has been forever captured, with no antics/Australian accent to taint it. Top class altogether.

Advertisement