Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars: Bad Batch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Varik wrote: »
    The original batch of clones were trained by jango, and at some point even without jango clones would have grown up surrounded by others with that accent. Omega too.

Filoni got a promotion, he's now an executive creative director after being an executive producer at lucas.

I had not given it much thought but had always assumed the clones were “born” with some traits of Jango built in. And that was the reason he was chosen - not just for his physical suitability but for the ability to learn to fight, etc.

Were they a blank slate at first?

I don’t think that being around Jango clones accounts for Omega’s accent. Didn’t she say in the first episode that she had only recently started to mix with the general population on Kamino? Even if I am mistaken there, the Bad Batch had never met or seen her before and they lived at that facility occasionally meaning she was not out and about prior to their last visit.

If she picked up an accent from those she spent most time with she would speak like a Kaminoan.

I think the accent is the accent of the donor and her cheeky shenanigans in the mess hall are also a trait from the donor - she didn’t get that from either Kaminoans or the Regs at the facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Woo!
    Boba Fett
    gonna be involved! :) I swear the second I heard
    Ming-Na Wens
    voice, I was like.. HOLD UP! I know this voice!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I cannot actually find anything saying that Jedi or Sith cannot be cloned and apparently the novelisation of Attack of the Clones features a con serdar ion where one of the Jedi Council says it would have been better if Sufi-Dyas had had a Jedi cloned. So on Lucas’ mind they could - assuming that point came from his earlier drafts.

The Sequel trilogy is not something I consider when thinking of the Star Wars canon, and they are on Asi ally a rip off of the old EU anyway.

I've only read the eu thrawn trilogy (which are great books) but in that
    one of the villains is a cloned jedi who goes mad/falls to the dark side due to the clones accelarated aging
    and in the third book
    there's a clone of luke made from the hand he lost to vader in Bespin which was stupid.

For mando season 2
    I assume the force blood/cloning tanks was just the start of making snoak/cloned palpatine although I hope it's something else.

Anyway, thought episode 4 was good.
    Fennec was cool to see even though I thought it was stupid she came back from the dead in mando.

Mando described her as an incredible bounty hunter but so far her two appearances have been getting killed easily and failing to kidnap a child :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Varik wrote: »
    Filoni got a promotion, he's now an executive creative director after being an executive producer at lucas.

Turns out this promotion happened a while ago and the website it was seen on was only updated with the info recently.

As for Omega's accent, I don't think accents are genetic. There's a reason children or grandchildren of immigrants have a local accent rather than an accent from where their parents are from.
    But maybe they're not thinking that much about it with Omega.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Turns out this promotion happened a while ago and the website it was seen on was only updated with the info recently.

As for Omega's accent, I don't think accents are genetic. There's a reason children or grandchildren of immigrants have a local accent rather than an accent from where their parents are from.
    But maybe they're not thinking that much about it with Omega.

Real world rarely applies to Star Wars - space walks with no protective equipment, single environment worlds, night & day the same everywhere, etc.

I will put on money on the accent being that as a connection to her origin.

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I've only read the eu thrawn trilogy (which are great books) but in that
    one of the villains is a cloned jedi who goes mad/falls to the dark side due to the clones accelarated aging
    and in the third book
    there's a clone of luke made from the hand he lost to vader in Bespin which was stupid.

For mando season 2
    I assume the force blood/cloning tanks was just the start of making snoak/cloned palpatine although I hope it's something else.

Anyway, thought episode 4 was good.
    Fennec was cool to see even though I thought it was stupid she came back from the dead in mando.

Mando described her as an incredible bounty hunter but so far her two appearances have been getting killed easily and failing to kidnap a child :o

The early EU books were all great.

The characters in the Thrawn trilogy, except for Thrawn and Palleon, were paper thin but the story itself was fantastic. I meant to say in my earlier post that that Timothy Zhan had a strange notion about clones. You could identify then because they spell their names with an extra U :p
    The blood and cloning is going to be relevant only to Mandolorian and/or the big crossover series they are building up to (assuming that is still happening now that Rangers is not currently in development) and nothing else.

I don’t think it was ever said that Shand was a bounty hunter, incredible or otherwise. Wasn’t she described as a dangerous assassin and enforcer for a crime cartel?

Here she was up against experienced special forces soldiers and bare in mind this is 26ish years before her appearance in Mandolorian. She is likely only starting out.

1.5: Wreckers great! :D
    Get the feeling that new weapon Omega picked up might become her primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Slydice wrote: »
    It'll probably get a big of a nerf/non lethalized, and probably for the same reason as Ezra having the weird sling shot and then the stun set blaster. Can't have the kids shooting people to death, but if they fall of of something and die that's ok

They have made him far too strong but so far he is my favourite of the Batch.

I like Omega and while she is getting a lot of the focus in these stories it doesn’t feel like it is all about her like it was with Ezra in Rebels.

I think it is safe to say that the gang will be getting more jobs from Cid but I wonder if means that they are going to become soldiers for hire.

So that the poor rancor we saw get murdered by Luke?

• Advertisement

That was self defence.

Is Cid a Trandoshan?

Something I definitely wondered about during the episode! :eek:

Was trying to recall where we saw those 2 before.
    Clone Wars final season.

1.6:
    Kenobi?!? Gotta be Kenobi!
    Was trying to recall where we saw those 2 before.
    Clone Wars final season.

Yep! Recognised em straight up.. just more in the 'hey there's
    a link to Ahsoka kinda way.

Didn't think of
    Kenobi
    . When I saw who they were it made me think it was
    Ahsoka

Didn't think of
    Kenobi
    Ahsoka

Yeah I was also half thinking
    it was Ahsoka
    but because they are lining up
    Kenobi for a show.. I'm guessing this could be a place to introduce him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Would be more inclined to think it's Rex or Ahsoka, and the droid the sisters were using to communicate looks like the same R7 droid Ahsoka had in the Clone Wars. The trailer for the series gives it away, as well.

And that's why I choose not to watch trailers, especially later ones.

Well now we know.

1.7: Wrecker is In.Fact. still the Best! :) When
    Omega said she was staying with him, I was like "Too ***ken Right!"
    Well now we know.

Still though
    with the Brown cloak, I think they leaned heavy into the Jedi red herring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Enjoyed this week's episode even if the conclusion (
    Wrecker turns bad just before they can remove the chip but they manage to subdue him just before anyone gets seriously hurt
    ) felt fairly cliché.

I'm hoping next week we get to see something from crosshair's perspective as we haven't seen that since the second or third episode.

Although I'm guessing that
    the big job the clone's need to get even with the green lizard woman will end up being an ambush by crosshair

Did the character at the very who
    spots Rex and Hunter
    remind anyone else of a knockoff
    Kylo Ren
    ?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I'm hoping next week we get to see something from crosshair's perspective as we haven't seen that since the second or third episode.

That's the main issue I have with the show. I'd like to see his squad operate, if not only for more insight on the fledgling Empire and what's happening in it.
    spots Rex and Hunter
    Kylo Ren

Reminded me of
    Darth Revan. Very similar masks.

Didn't think of
    Kenobi
    Ahsoka

I was expecting it to be Bail Organa.

Enjoyed this week's episode even if the conclusion (
    Wrecker turns bad just before they can remove the chip but they manage to subdue him just before anyone gets seriously hurt
    ) felt fairly cliché.

Although I'm guessing that
    the big job the clone's need to get even with the green lizard woman will end up being an ambush by crosshair

spots Rex and Hunter
    Kylo Ren

Wrecker going isn’t something that just happened to have happened there though - he had been succumbing to the inhibitor chip for a few episodes.

And sometimes the cliches or the expected stuff are just as good and the unexpected.

I love the energy bow. Have we see the slavers use three in their Clone Wars episodes? I know Nightsisters have energy bows but not and advanced as Omega’s.

And it appears that I am wrong regarding Omega’s origins. I thought she was a clone from a woman that would feature in the show in the future. I know others thought she was Jango clone but it never states that specifically. They still haven’t but Rex’s comment “I’ve never see one like you” cannot mean anything else except that she is a Jango clone.

I had thought that Omega’s origin and the identity of her donor was going to be a major future plot line.

1.8: Great episode!
    That ending!! That was so tense. Great western shootout style. Can't believe they lost Omega

Have to give this one to Hunter
    for holding his ground to the last. Thought we lost him.
    Wrecker is still great though :)

1.8: Great episode!
    That ending!! That was so tense. Great western shootout style. Can't believe they lost Omega

Have to give this one to Hunter
    for holding his ground to the last. Thought we lost him.
    Wrecker is still great though :)

Yes that moment was something I’ve wanted to see in Star Wars for forever -
    a gunslinger quick draw. Now we two - Mandolorian episode The Jedi and this one. I watched the scene a few times. Am I right that Hunter and Bane were equally fast but that Hunter missed?

It seems Hunter’s helmet is different to the Regs armour. It has electronics like a Mando helmet.

I wonder if Crosshair is going to lose that eye?

The first episode did let us know that there is something special about Omega to the Kaminoans and it looks like Filoni might start giving us clues next week.
    I have loved all the episodes but this is my favourite by far.

Am I right that Hunter and Bane were equally fast but that Hunter missed?

Just checked. Kinda.
    • Hunter drew first
    • Bane drew
    • Bane shot first
    • Bane hit and knocked Hunter off balance
    • Hunter got off a shot but he was off balance so was pointing wrong and took the droids leg

Not sure if anything special about the helmet. Have we seen inside a trooper's helmet before?
    If anything I was wondering why it seemed to only power on when he woke up. Seemed more like that tech was in him, which I doubt.

Just checked. Kinda.
    • Hunter drew first
    • Bane drew
    • Bane shot first
    • Bane hit and knocked Hunter off balance
    • Hunter got off a shot but he was off balance so was pointing wrong and took the droids leg

Thank you.

Such a classic moment.

• Advertisement

Not sure if anything special about the helmet. Have we seen inside a trooper's helmet before?
    If anything I was wondering why it seemed to only power on when he woke up. Seemed more like that tech was in him, which I doubt.

I don’t think we have seen that point of view before but
    I’m certain that the Reg helmets are just helmets with no electronics.

Mandos have stuff built in and Hunter must have electronics for a reason.

I never thought at the time why it woke up with him. Maybe once we know what the helmet does will tell why it powers down if he is unconscious or asleep.

Advertisement